Australia Votes to legalize Gay Marriage - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay-ma ... 0562d507eb

And of cause it seems as if the Millennials' rammed a yes vote through on the older generation again. The same people that were bitching about a democratic vote to begin with.

Doubtful it will go through before Christmas though. There will be a bit of back and forth.

Nothing much will change except the rich lawyers and judges will get ever richer and the homeless poor still won't get helped out.

Can't wait to see the generation underneath the Millenials get revenge on the Millenials when they turn senior age.
Yes, as usual it comes down to "What about homeless people", or "What about the poor seniors who can't project their homophobia". :roll:

The annoying thing to most Australians that I have spoken to, is the waste of money on a vote. Legalize it and get into the 21st century with the rest of progressive, modern 1st world countries.

Colliric wrote:Can't wait to see the generation underneath the Millenials get revenge on the Millenials when they turn senior age.
Really? Revenge on them for not being homophobic douches?
http://www.news.com.au/national/politic ... 20d7cea4b5

Broken promise of cause....

Really? Revenge on them for not being homophobic douches

It is natural for the social norms of one generation to be reviewed and in some cases overturned, destroyed or censored by the next, especially in states of war.

Would be funny if the Binge drinking destruction of the Millenial generation resulted in some form of prohibition returning under the next.... Or maybe it will be regulated like Tobacco is.
Rugoz wrote:Homophobes will die out and nobody will miss them.

Everyone "dies out" eventually.

Roe VS Wade is closer than ever to being overturned because the people who pushed rabidly for it celebrating it, are dying out....

http://ktla.com/2017/11/14/sole-abortio ... ting-down/

Things change from generation to generation, the social norm of one generation is usually the bane of the next.

Now to be against Gay Marriage in Australia is to be Anti-establishment.....

Even the 9-5 workday and full time work that the unions fought blood sweat and tears for, and was the foundation stone of many political parties, is socially dying.
Funny, I'm working for a planned parenthood exec here in the states and she is extremely popular in the community as is roe v wade. :)

also

Homophobes will die out and nobody will miss them.
skinster wrote:Why does colliric hate abortions and same-sex marriage? Why?

Simple answer is I am a Roman Catholic... Let's face it the Catholic Church is the traditional organisational "official" enemy of Abortion and Gay Marriage. The Church's arguments against both are my own. I read it all and agreed with it, end of story.

Which is probably a side reason I also like Eva Peron and other Catholic politicians(like PM Tony Abbott and even JFK).... Converted fully in 2007. I was heavily involved with my CBD based Church until 2014(when I shifted to Perth). Was the sole Acolyte for the Sunday Night Mass from 2008-2014 and had good friendships with several Priests as a result.

I have copies of several pro-life books I have enjoyed reading(both Catholic and Protestant). I have a catechism on my shelf and my personal "Family" Bible is a copy of the Douay-Rheims Challoner Version....

My dad was lapsed Catholic but still loved the Church anyway(came back into communion before passing), hated "the bad-egg(paedophile) Priests" though and thought they were "wrecking it". My Parents had their reasons for opposing both and they communicated them effectively with me as a child.

I was not raised in Public School so I was never exposed to the state indoctrination and got high marks in Religious Education, English and English Literature(did fine in IT and loved French, but sucked at Maths and did "ok" in Science subjects). I went to a traditional Anglican Private Boys School because my parents could just afford it and wanted both sons to have a strong classical education(which even included learning basic Latin). Was previously in a Catholic Primary School(till grade 3).

I read the bible fully at a very young age(about 8-9, it was the easy reading "Good News Edition" designed for older Children and ESL Adults, also read the KJV later on) along with many other varied books(including Jurassic Park, my favourite fiction novel and near-favourite movie too).

I am indeed Roman Catholic in belief.... No need for further explanation as to my political reasons. I argue my political reasons all the time. This shit never helps the poor, never helps society in general and the anti-establishment enthusiasm never ever lasts(when one becomes the Establishment, the opposing view becomes the anti-establishment view)
Last edited by colliric on 15 Nov 2017 02:51, edited 1 time in total.
Referendums are used to legitimize changing the constitution in this country, yet Marriage isn't part of the constitution. A waste of $300 million, could have been better spent on roads or schools. Government if it can, and depending on its composition, will pass or block this regardless of the referendum outcome.

Also, if LGBT community is going to appropriate and bastardize the institution of Marriage-essentially a label in this country since they are already afforded 100% of the legal partner union rights 'married' people enjoy-can us straight white males and females appropriate LGBT privileges, such as being a protected class in the workplace and in education? I can haz preferential treatment? I want to be hired or get others fired on the basis of my flamboyancy, or lack-thereof too. :excited:
colliric wrote:Simple answer is I am a Roman Catholic... Let's face it the Catholic Church is the traditional organisational "official" enemy of Abortion and Gay Marriage. The Church's arguments against both are my own. I read it all and agreed with it, end of story.

My mom is a practicing Roman Catholic. She supports equal rights for same sex couples, and also supports a woman’s right to control her own body.

Which is probably a side reason I also like Eva Peron and other Catholic politicians(like PM Tony Abbott and even JFK).... Converted fully in 2007. I was heavily involved with my CBD based Church until 2014(when I shifted to Perth). Was the sole Acolyte for the Sunday Night Mass from 2008-2014 and had good friendships with several Priests as a result.

I have copies of several pro-life books I have enjoyed reading(both Catholic and Protestant). I have a catechism on my shelf and my personal "Family" Bible is a copy of the Douay-Rheims Challoner Version....

My dad was lapsed Catholic but still loved the Church anyway(came back into communion before passing), hated "the bad-egg(paedophile) Priests" though and thought they were "wrecking it". My Parents had their reasons for opposing both and they communicated them effectively with me as a child.

I was not raised in Public School so I was never exposed to the state indoctrination and got high marks in Religious Education, English and English Literature(did fine in IT and loved French, but sucked at Maths and did "ok" in Science subjects). I went to a traditional Anglican Private Boys School because my parents could just afford it and wanted both sons to have a strong classical education(which even included learning basic Latin). Was previously in a Catholic Primary School(till grade 3).

I read the bible fully at a very young age(about 8-9, it was the easy reading "Good News Edition" designed for older Children and ESL Adults, also read the KJV later on) along with many other varied books(including Jurassic Park, my favourite fiction novel and near-favourite movie too).

I am indeed Roman Catholic in belief.... No need for further explanation as to my political reasons. I argue my political reasons all the time. This shit never helps the poor, never helps society in general and the anti-establishment enthusiasm never ever lasts(when one becomes the Establishment, the opposing view becomes the anti-establishment view)

Paul Robeson.
Oscar Romero.
Gustavo Gutierrez.
Leonardo Boff.

http://www.godislove.org.au

——————————————

Igor Antunov wrote:Referendums are used to legitimize changing the constitution in this country, yet Marriage isn't part of the constitution. A waste of $300 million, could have been better spent on roads or schools. Government if it can, and depending on its composition, will pass or block this regardless of the referendum outcome.

It was not really a referendum. More like a survey, as it was not legally binding. The whole thing was an excuse for the government to galvanise the remnants of the homophobic voter base.

Also, if LGBT community is going to appropriate and bastardize the institution of Marriage-essentially a label in this country since they are already afforded 100% of the legal partner union rights 'married' people enjoy-can us straight white males and females appropriate LGBT privileges, such as being a protected class in the workplace and in education? I can haz preferential treatment? I want to be hired or get others fired on the basis of my flamboyancy, or lack-thereof too. :excited:

No, because that is a stupid comparison with no actual similarities between the two things being compared.
No doubt after making contact with aliens the issue will come up and AGAIN we'll have to go through this garbage ALL OVER AGAIN. They did this with no-penalty divorce, inter-racial marriage, and so on. It never ends.

Does someone have to spell it out? No one *owns* marriage or has a right to monopoly on it. Nor are laws graven in stone; laws can be changed
mikema63 wrote:Freedom for women and gays sounds too much like an assault on the innocent downtrodden minority of straight white men. :*(

Those regions that had majority NO votes are migrant regions. Migrants from conservative parts of the world. Of course you will apologise for maligning white straight males.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The photo in the article showing tunnels supposedl[…]

Warnings for civilians to evacuate, including drop[…]

What interests are those? He is an honorary US […]

The tail has been wagging the dog.. Israel is a[…]