UNGA calls for lifting US blockade of Cuba - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Oxymoron wrote:What was listed, was minor economic benefits and possibly losses to key Pharma industries and movement of jobs to Cuba. Yeah that is not really in our interests.

I think the rest of your countrymen may disagree

Eventually Cuba will implode, and we will make money on them like the good old days.

No, it won't. Cuba is doing better than ever. Theyre allowing foreign firms limited investment. More to the point, America had the power 60 years ago to bully most countries from trading w/Cuba because they barred them from trading with the US for 6 months if they were caught trading w/Cuba. You were a major manufacturing country. You financed other countries. You lost that power. You make little, and owe everyone.
I met Pablo Milanes' ex wife Sandra in Holbox Island, off the coast of Chiquila...a tiny town in the state of Quintana Roo Mexico.

Cubans visit and do business with Mexico all the time. Mexico never capitulated to the USA about not having relations of any sort, social, diplomatic, economic, etc with Cuba. If ever you go to Mexico Skinster getting a ticket to go tour Cuba is easy as pie.

Pablo Milanes the singer songwriter from Cuba. He was one of many famous singers who tour Mexico all the time. They are part of a group from the 70's and 80's called Nueva Trova Cubana.

Cuba will with time get a lot of stable investment in infrastructure. The most important lesson of all is to go for sovereignty and control your own internal interests. Everything else will work itself out. Allowing abusive nations to colonize you and allow vulture bankers to destroy you completely and you wind up losing more of your people to another country than who stay behind on the island is not a solution that is viable. Don't be a colony of the USA. YOU LOSE. If you control your international sovereignty? You are going to be able to shape your own nation and call your own shots. Even if you are a small country. That is a lesson most people should learn in history.
Oxymoron wrote:Does it? Do the small economic benefits outweigh winning Florida?

Ultimately that is circular reasoning: give in to the irrational demands of a small minority of the electorate to support the blockade by supporting the blockade. If money is what you're concerned about, it makes more sense to support the opposition electorate, establish ties, start making money and jobs, strengthen the "no blockade" vote, and take a big shit on the irrational bloc that prevents money and jobs from being created, the latter two things being a political card to play in an election.
Mexico never capitulated to the USA about not having relations of any sort, social, diplomatic, economic, etc with Cuba.

It was a different time, in 1960. The USA made everything from clothes to cars, radios, TVs etc. Everyone everywhere shopped at the USA. They had to. Today, it's China etc.

But Mexico and Canada (and Russia) didnt have to shut their Cuban embassies. Mexico sold food to the USA, we sold (amongst other things) electricity. Today Canada and Mexico sell petroleum to the US, and the US is indebted to us. So the Americans couldn't use either of us to play silly beggars with Cuba.
Tainari88 wrote:I met Pablo Milanes' ex wife Sandra in Holbox Island, off the coast of Chiquila...a tiny town in the state of Quintana Roo Mexico.

Cubans visit and do business with Mexico all the time. Mexico never capitulated to the USA about not having relations of any sort, social, diplomatic, economic, etc with Cuba. If ever you go to Mexico Skinster getting a ticket to go tour Cuba is easy as pie.

I went to Mexico last year and was going to spend time in Holbox on the way home, but me and my wife loved Tulum so very much that we ended up spending the rest of the holiday there. Tulum is much fun and has some beautiful views and ruins and food and people, I recommend it to everyone.

As for going to Cuba, I plan to at the beginning of next year. I'm guessing traveling there with my British passport won't cause any problems. America is such a massive baby when it comes to Cuba, like just accept you lost and get over it. :D
They can't accept that Skinster. The USA has to control little islands or perish. Look at the case of my country? Puerto Rico. They took it over and now when we are screwed financially and they have the responsibility of responding they don't want to spend the $92 Billion bucks to get the island to function again. They want to control, dominate and colonize and dictate without any responsibility. Cuba they lost control of....they are pigs Skinster. They want their cake and eat it too. You can't have it both ways.
Cuba actually benefits from the embargo in one way: they can deport their criminals to the US and the US cannot return them. The usual recourse for forcing countries to take back their citizens is economic sanctions. Too bad the US is already doing this.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Cuba actually benefits from the embargo in one way: they can deport their criminals to the US and the US cannot return them. The usual recourse for forcing countries to take back their citizens is economic sanctions. Too bad the US is already doing this.

The excuse Pants is that Cubans leave Cuba because of political oppression. Not because they are criminals or because they want to live an American middle class consumer lifestyle. Mexicans don't flee Mexico because of the cartels, or crime or because there is hardly any welfare or food stamps. Because low wages are too low and until recently most small rural towns in Mexico lacked high schools to send their teens to study. No. The reason the Mexicans flee is because they are lawbreakers and criminals.

The reality is Mexico is growing and the unemployment rate has dropped a lot. In many places it is less than 5%. So the newcomers jumping the borders are now from Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala. Those nations are suffering a lot more. But does anyone do an analysis of all these claims of bullshit from the state department? No, they just chalk it all up to fleeing communism in Cuba, and unlawful rapist, drug dealing Mexicans from Mexico.

When people start in with the disinformation campaigns? You know there is a hidden agenda. I bet that wall building from Trump is some inside deal where he has private contractors making a big profit over some bids from the government and some quid-pro-quo on el Trompetista's side.
Tainari88 wrote:...
When people start in with the disinformation campaigns? You know there is a hidden agenda. I bet that wall building from Trump is some inside deal where he has private contractors making a big profit over some bids from the government and some quid-pro-quo on el Trompetista's side.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/15/us/cards- ... index.html

Juajuajua.
@Pants-of-dog Is that cards for real? They make money with that?

I wonder how many 'deals' that the Trump administration makes is all about just cronyism and making money for his own personal benefit vs. actual public policy initiatives?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]