Roy Moore accused of sexual harassment for 1979 events - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The Hill wrote:National poll: Majority says Moore should drop out

BY MALLORY SHELBOURNE - 11/14/17 07:21 AM EST

A majority of voters across the U.S. in a new Morning Consult/Politico poll say Republican Alabama Senate nominee Roy Moore should drop out of the race amid sexual misconduct accusations.

Sixty percent of voters say Moore should end his Senate bid due to the accusations, while 16 percent said he should continue his campaign. Twenty-four percent said they did not know or did not have an opinion.

Sixty percent of registered voters find the accusations levied against Moore to be “very credible” or “somewhat credible.” Six percent said they do not find the allegations to be at all credible, while 11 percent said they believe the accusations are “not too credible.” Twenty-three percent said they did not know or did not have an opinion.

The poll was conducted after The Washington Post last week reported an accusation from a woman who said she had sexual contact with Moore in 1979, when she was 14 years old. Moore, who would have been 32 at the time, has denied this allegation.

The Post's report also included accounts from three other women who claim Moore pursued them around the same time, when they were between 16 and 18 years old. Moore in an interview last week admitted he may have dated women in their later teens at that point in this life, but that he did not “remember anything like that.”

Another woman on Monday publicly accused Moore of sexually assaulting her when she was 16 years old. The new Politico/Morning Consult survey was conducted prior to the most recent allegation.

The online survey of 1,993 registered voters across the country was done from Nov. 9-11. It has a margin of error of 2 percentage points.

I hope Bannon will do this to the whole GOP in the midterm elections. :excited:
SpecialOlympian wrote:Granted it's up to Alabama voters, so I'm not putting much stock in a national poll. But I'm gonna lol really hard if/when the Senate has its first open pedophile rapist representing the great state of Alabama and the GOP.

It's up to Alabama voters but the whole nation is watching.

I also can't wait until Trump joins in. :excited:

Trump faces big choice on Moore’s fate
I have to say I love the Liberals. The bare faced shamelessness of their hypocrisy beggers belief. Bill Clinton faced multiple accusations including rape. He admitted to having affairs, lying about them and abusing his positions of power. So how did feminists respond to this display of patriarchal power abuse? Well Nina Burleigh said women should line up on their knee pads before the President. A sexual fantasy of women's degradation and humiliation that seemed to outdo even Harvey Weinstein's vivid imagination.

What I found particularly amusing was that a couple of Moore's female accusers claim they voted for Trump. I love it! I absolutely love it! The Liberals and Cuckservatives think this adds to the women's credibility. But hang on a minute! Multiple women have made accusations against Trump. In fact multiple times the number of women who have accused Moore. Did they think that Trump's accusers should be believed when they voted for Trump? If Trump's many female accusers were not to be believed why should Moore's?

If Trump's a molester of women, an abuser, may be even a rapist, if such a man can occupy the Presidency, who the hell cares if a Senator has committed the odd misdemeanour here and there?
Whataboutisms are strong in this thread.

Whataboutism (also known as Whataboutery) is a form of defensive propaganda used to counter criticism (usually from "the West", and usually on blatant human rights abuses) with a "What about...?"—question vaguely, if at all, related to the original issue. It is a specialized red herring version of the tu quoque fallacy, sometimes implementing the balance fallacy as well. An old favorite of Communists (especially tankies), the strategy originates from the Soviet era, and was usually used in the form of "And at your place, they hang black people".

What some stupid Hollywood pedophile does, doesn't matter in relation to this. He should be punished and charged according to the law, as well. Still, he's not running for Senator of a state.
I really wonder if Bannon has further plans with Moore as Trump has turned away from him and seems to have run out of steam. His sexual predatory, pseudo-Christianity, anti-establishment sentiments and general retardedness are no match to that of Moore's anyway, so Bannonites should really consider getting over Trump and advancing to the next level. :excited:
Dream on @Godstud, dream on!

If you think the hypocrites are going to get away with out being called out for their hypocrisy, exposed and humiliated, you've got another thing coming. If you think Liberals are going to get away with switching on and of the feminist outrage when ever it suits them you're going to be severely disappointed.

I just noticed that the thread title got changed, well thanks to ever who took the trouble to do that. The funny thing is I'm not even a supporter of Ray Moore. If I had a vote in the election I would vote for his Democratic opponent. I didn't feel comfortable saying that while the original thread title stood. If people had evidence or witnesses that they felt made Moore unfit for office, they should have brought it to public attention while the Christian right still had time to put forward another candidate for the Republican nomination.
Are we really using national polls in a state election, this soon after Trump?

The fact that none of the allegations are proven, the first one comes from someone who has a clear motive and time-framing for it to be a smear job and the media body that ran the story was caught trying to bribe someone to say she was assaulted are all pretty suspect. If this was a Democrat we'd be having a discussion on why people jump to conclusions on serious, un-provable allegations etc.
I just noticed that the thread title got changed, well thanks to ever who took the trouble to do that.

Yes. Thanks for changing it to a title that is completely inaccurate. Moore IS NOT ACCUSED OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT! Read that moderators? He is accused of attempted sexual assault on a minor. There is a vast difference between the two.

I am glad the mods have decided to include the part about 1979. No doubt attempted rape has an expiration date. You know, goes soft, so to speak, in the fullness of time. :roll:
Apparently this image of a possible love letter is being supplied by one of the accusers as proof that Roy Moore tried to have sex with her when she was underage.

People are pointing out how weird it is that the part which says "Moore" at the bottom clearly changes ink color etc. This is almost as unbelievable as the "Trump is a Russian agent" hysteria. The left seems to have no standards left and that doesn't seem to be applying to a small slice of them anymore but to a lot of them.
Thanks for the latest update from 4chan, Hong Wu. We all know you're an incredibly well informed individual with a successful career making good use of your education, and definitely not an easily influenced rube who spends their free time copy/pasting posts from 4chan to PoFo.

SpecialOlympian wrote:Thanks for the latest update from 4chan, Hong Wu. We all know you're an incredibly well informed individual with a successful career making good use of your education, and definitely not an easily influenced rube who spends their free time copy/pasting posts from 4chan to PoFo.

Lots of high quality stuff can be found on 4chan. I know that when I send a letter to my underage lover, I use two different pens and write down my title so that people can be sure it's me, getting my own title wrong in the process.
SpecialOlympian wrote:It's because Roy Moore does fuck children, and was in fact banned from a mall for going there and trying to pick up children.

Sorry you support multiple child fuckers, one of them incestual.

I have yet to see any proof of Moore and Trump being child fuckers. It might be in your evil mind.

Noemon Edit: Rule 2 Violation
I don't know where this hypocrisy stuff is coming from. "Liberals" are done with Weinstein, Louis CK and all the other famous liberals who are accused of sexual misconduct with adults. How is it hypocrisy to also condemn those accused of sexual misconduct with children? If Kevin Spacey is a liberal he's being condemned for sexual misconduct with children. It appears to only be conservatives (only of the worst ilk, the suits at least condemn pederasty) who rally behind the abusers in their ranks.

As to the timing: this comes on the momentous tide of sexual misconduct accusations in the media. No one is bitching about the timing of accusations against the lead singer of Brand New coming right before a tour or the Kevin Spacey accusations happening during the filming of House of Cards or accusations about Louis CK coming before the premiere of his new film. You can hide behind the timing angle all you want, but its obvious to anyone that this happened because the accusers were emboldened by the current climate.

The left is not hypocritical on this - Bill Clinton should have been punished for what he did. Its the 4chan morons who put more stock in the coded pizza language of a bunch of emails than the testimony of real women who are hypocrites. If any of you had any humanity left I would expect you to feel ashamed, but all you have left are stupid memes about how women don't fuck you.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Thanks for the latest update from 4chan, Hong Wu. We all know you're an incredibly well informed individual with a successful career making good use of your education, and definitely not an easily influenced rube who spends their free time copy/pasting posts from 4chan to PoFo.

This is supposed to be Virginia is for Lovers. I know because I lived in Virginia at one time when I was stationed at the Pentagon with the Joint Chiefs of Staff and when I came back from my NATO assignment in Belgium to Defense Intelligence Agency at the Pentagon, I lived on the Maryland side of D.C. I saw "Virginia is for lovers" on a lot of the vehicles back in those days.

I knew I was right. Here you go:

"Virginia is for Lovers" is the tourism and travel slogan of the U.S. commonwealth of Virginia. Used since 1969, it has become a well-recognized and often imitated part of American jargon. In 2012, Advertising Age called "Virginia is for Lovers" "one of the most iconic ad campaigns in the past 50 years."

A team led by David N. Martin and George Woltz of Martin and Woltz Inc. of Richmond, Virginia created the slogan after winning the Virginia State Travel account in 1968.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_is_for_Lovers
Drlee wrote:Yes. Thanks for changing it to a title that is completely inaccurate. Moore IS NOT ACCUSED OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT! Read that moderators? He is accused of attempted sexual assault on a minor. There is a vast difference between the two.

I am glad the mods have decided to include the part about 1979. No doubt attempted rape has an expiration date. You know, goes soft, so to speak, in the fullness of time. :roll:

The OP:

She remembers that Moore kissed her, that he took off her pants and shirt, and that he touched her through her bra and underpants. She says that he guided her hand to his underwear and that she yanked her hand back.

“I wasn’t ready for that — I had never put my hand on a man’s penis, much less an erect one,” Corfman says.

She remembers thinking, “I don’t want to do this” and “I need to get out of here.” She says that she got dressed and asked Moore to take her home, and that he did.

The legal age of consent in Alabama, then and now, is 16. Under Alabama law in 1979, and today, a person who is at least 19 years old who has sexual contact with someone older than 12 and younger than 15 has committed sexual abuse in the second degree. Sexual contact is defined as touching of sexual or intimate parts. The crime is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail.

"Sexual abuse" and "sexual harassment" are synonymous and the OP explicitly says that Moore is accused of 'sexual abuse', the OP also contains more than adequate information about the nature of the alleged crime. The original title was not only absolutely inaccurate, it was intentionally rude & partisan. Let this be a reminder to all those being intentionally rude, if we are forced to change your title, we will change it to something that will bother you so choose better titles to avoid scoring own goals.

And for even better measure here is a title used by the Guardian, a centre-left newspaper:

"Republican party cuts ties with Roy Moore over sexual misconduct allegations"

Admin Announcement: This is an administrative decision and as you are all aware administrative decisions can only be discussed in the Basement or via PM.

Oh please post those too :lol: Very obvious p[…]

No, it does not. It is governed by the rather vagu[…]

Go tell this to all states that have establishe[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we[…]