Is It Okay To Be Stupid - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Is It Okay To Be Stupid

Yes, It is okay to be stupid
46%
No, It is not okay to be stupid
33%
Other
21%
Hindsite wrote:I said real science. That exculdes things like "making estimates" and "speculations" that some use to support global warming and the theory of evolution.
When it is observable and repeatable, it is considered good evidence.

That you choose to be stupid, when the facts contradict your dogma, is up to you. Science and Evolution are not stupid, though.

For fuck's sake read this: Evolution for Dummies.
WHAT IS THE THEORY EVOLUTION BY NATURAL SELECTION?
The theory of evolution by natural selection doesn’t attempt to explain how life first began or why living things are on earth. Rather, the theory of evolution by natural selection explains the scientifically observable processes that change the physical characteristics of living things through time.

When the process of selecting for or choosing an adaptive trait occurs in nature, it’s called natural selection. When humans manage this process, it’s called artificial selection. Animal breeders, farmers, and gardeners play a role in evolution by selecting one trait over another. Unlike natural selection, artificial selection reduces the genetic diversity of the organism being worked with.

The theory of evolution by natural selection explains that living things change through time as a result of genetic mutations and natural selection for the most adaptive traits.

http://www.dummies.com/education/scienc ... selection/

Now, if after this you still think Evolution is stupid, then it's not Evolution that is stupid, but you.
Last edited by Godstud on 25 Nov 2017 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
By Beren
Potemkin wrote:His jaws are derived from the gill arches of his remote fishy ancestors, and he does indeed spurt out his seed on his partner's eggs. It's just that his partner's eggs are retained and fertilised inside her body, that's all. :)

Our ancestors may have been fish, but we're not fish. We look like God, but fish don't. Some people have fishy eyes, they may be fish perhaps.
It is clear some of you need to take a biology course.

The vertebrates are a clade of organisms, which is to say they are the set of all descendants of their most recent common ancestor, which was also a vertebrate. That most recent common ancestor happened to be a fish. The clade of all vertebrates is therefore identical to the clade of all fish.
Godstud wrote:When it is observable and repeatable, it is considered good evidence.

That you choose to be stupid, when the facts contradict your dogma, is up to you. Science and Evolution are not stupid, though.

For fuck's sake read this: Evolution for Dummies.
WHAT IS THE THEORY EVOLUTION BY NATURAL SELECTION?
The theory of evolution by natural selection doesn’t attempt to explain how life first began or why living things are on earth. Rather, the theory of evolution by natural selection explains the scientifically observable processes that change the physical characteristics of living things through time.

When the process of selecting for or choosing an adaptive trait occurs in nature, it’s called natural selection. When humans manage this process, it’s called artificial selection. Animal breeders, farmers, and gardeners play a role in evolution by selecting one trait over another. Unlike natural selection, artificial selection reduces the genetic diversity of the organism being worked with.

The theory of evolution by natural selection explains that living things change through time as a result of genetic mutations and natural selection for the most adaptive traits.

http://www.dummies.com/education/scienc ... selection/

Now, if after this you still think Evolution is stupid, then it's not Evolution that is stupid, but you.

I agree with all that, but evolutionist go further than that by claiming all life forms evolved from simple to complex without the help of a creator and designer. The idea that a fish evolved into a human is what is stupid about the theory of evolution.
No Potemkin, no fish no! We're created from ash!

Face it Beren - if you don't like the idea that you're just a fish, then you're going to have to side with Hindsite and become a Creationist. HalleluYah! :excited:
By Beren
Potemkin wrote:Face it Beren - if you don't like the idea that you're just a fish, then you're going to have to side with Hindsite and become a Creationist. HalleluYah! :excited:

I'm a true Christian Potemkin, so I don't have a choice and have to join my true brother in Christ. HalleluYah!
Hindsite wrote:I agree with all that, but evolutionist go further than that by claiming all life forms evolved from simple to complex without the help of a creator and designer.
That's simply not true. Most people who believe in Evolution are in fact Christians, since science doesn't even bother with trying to explain "creator or designer". That's PHILOSOPHY, which is not a science.

I know the theory of Evolution is good science. It doesn't talk about creation and designer. That kind of stuff isn't science. If someone says it dispels the idea of a "god", they're talking out their ass.

Hindsite wrote:The idea that a fish evolved into a human is what is stupid about the theory of evolution.
Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean it's not true. You don't think God couldn't have designed a complex system like this? You want to simplify everything into stupid terms simply so it fits with a book made by people with almost no clue about how the world works, from 2000 years ago. That's going to fail you every time that you try to take the Bible literally.
The ocean is filled with big fish eating little fish, eating still littler fish. I go out there and fish for them all the while thinking I was the superior creature, but it turns out I'm just a highly evolved fish who uses a rod and reel instead of the blinky anglerfish light...

Whoa...

This thread is hilarious though. @Hindsite how do you feel about the Theory of Continental Drift?
The ocean is filled with big fish eating little fish, eating still littler fish.

Pretty much like human society, eh RA? :)

We can never escape from our ancestry. We reveal where we came from in every action we take, every feeling we have, and every motive that impels us....
Red_Army wrote:The ocean is filled with big fish eating little fish, eating still littler fish. I go out there and fish for them all the while thinking I was the superior creature, but it turns out I'm just a highly evolved fish who uses a rod and reel instead of the blinky anglerfish light...

Whoa...

This thread is hilarious though. @Hindsite how do you feel about the Theory of Continental Drift?

I am only vaguely familiar with it. But the part about the continents once being in one land mass seems to agree with the account of the Genesis creation.
Hindsite wrote:But the part about the continents once being in one land mass seems to agree with the account of the Genesis creation.
When you stop trying to link the science to belief, you'll stop having these problems, Hindsite.

Science doesn't mesh with religion, and it isn't supposed to.
I think Beren is right about the fishy-eyed. Steve Buscemi, I'm looking at you!

@Hindsite well the continents are moving mms/year so the theory (which we can currently monitor with seismic waves) posits that it took many hundreds of millions of years for the current continents to "arrive" at their current positions. I'm just curious how much you base your scientific understanding on Genesis.

Why do you hate fish so much @Beren? Fish are pretty cool.
Godstud wrote:That's simply not true. Most people who believe in Evolution are in fact Christians, since science doesn't even bother with trying to explain "creator or designer". That's PHILOSOPHY, which is not a science.

I agree that evolutionists are philosophers, because they believe a lot of things they can't prove by real science.

Godstud wrote:I know the theory of Evolution is good science. It doesn't talk about creation and designer. That kind of stuff isn't science. If someone says it dispels the idea of a "god", they're talking out their ass.

However, evolutionist will not even allow the idea of God or a superior designer even when design is so obvious in much of nature.

Godstud wrote:Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean it's not true. You don't think God couldn't have designed a complex system like this? You want to simplify everything into stupid terms simply so it fits with a book made by people with almost no clue about how the world works, from 2000 years ago. That's going to fail you every time that you try to take the Bible literally.

Well, yes I do believe God designed and created all the complex systems of the universe. But there is much about what many evolutionists claim about the theory of evolution that is just too stupid for me to believe.
Hindsite wrote:I agree that evolutionists are philosophers, because they believe a lot of things they can't prove by real science.
You literally did not read a fucking thing I wrote... :knife: Evolutionists are NOT philosophers. That statement makes you look stupid. Evolution is about science, not opinions on who made it all.

Hindsite wrote:However, evolutionist will not even allow the idea of God or a superior designer even when design is so obvious in much of nature.
FALSE. Evolutionists don't CARE about that, since there is no science to a "god" or "designer". It doesn't enter into the realm of science, and so is not even discussed when it comes to Evolution.

Hindsite wrote:Well, yes I do believe God designed and created all the complex systems of the universe. But there is much about what many evolutionists claim about the theory of evolution that is just too stupid for me to believe.
It's not stupid. You simply don't understand it, so you call it stupid.
Red_Army wrote:@Hindsite well the continents are moving mms/year so the theory (which we can currently monitor with seismic waves) posits that it took many hundreds of millions of years for the current continents to "arrive" at their current positions. I'm just curious how much you base your scientific understanding on Genesis.

My scientific understanding must not disagree with the historical parts of the Holy Bible because I am a Christian. So I believe land broke up after the worldwide flood of Noah's time and moved fast at first and has gradually slowed to what it is today. Praise the Lord.

Godstud wrote:You literally did not read a fucking thing I wrote... :knife: Evolutionists are NOT philosophers. That statement makes you look stupid. Evolution is about science, not opinions on who made it all.

FALSE. Evolutionists don't CARE about that, since there is no science to a "god" or "designer". It doesn't enter into the realm of science, and so is not even discussed when it comes to Evolution.

It's not stupid. You simply don't understand it, so you call it stupid.

You can have your religious belief and I will have mine, so don't worry about it.

Evolution is a religion and is not a part of true science.
Last edited by Hindsite on 25 Nov 2017 03:06, edited 1 time in total.
The Bible was written by ignorant(not stupid, just people lacking knowledge) people, who had no idea how the world worked, almost 2000 years ago. You thinking that science has to abide by the rules of ignorance, is STUPID. The Bible was never meant to be taken literally in all ways, and your "scientific understanding", is inherently flawed if you are willing to dismiss reality because it doesn't mesh with an old tome. Belief does not overcome reality.

All scientific claims have to be supported with evidence, or it's not scientific. Other scientists also have to be able to come to the same conclusions, based on evidence, and repeatability. When enough scientists do this, it's called a scientific consensus. Evolution theory has evidence supporting it.

Discussing god, with science, is not done because there is no evidence. Science is trying to explain the world around us, not who made us, or the meaning of life.
Last edited by Godstud on 25 Nov 2017 03:08, edited 1 time in total.
By Beren
Red_Army wrote:I think Beren is right about the fishy-eyed. Steve Buscemi, I'm looking at you!

Why do you hate fish so much @Beren? Fish are pretty cool.

Steve Buscemi is a little fish. George Soros is the big fish, a real shark!

I hate fish because they want to take over the world, that's why their commie-liberal agents say we're fish. You only believe they're cool because the fake news media tells you they are.
Last edited by Beren on 25 Nov 2017 03:06, edited 1 time in total.

Care: 73 Fairness: 77 Liberty: 83 In-group: 70 Pur[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

You just do not understand what politics is. Poli[…]

Are you aware that the only difference between yo[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]