North Korea can officially hit the United States with a ICBM nuke.... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I don't buy Pyongyang's propaganda claim that these missiles can actually carry a large nuclear warhead, which would significantly shorten the distance these missiles can fly if loaded. North Korea is still incapable of hitting any target with accuracy as these ballistic missiles are crudely designed, which are similar to ancient WW2 missiles without the GPS missile guidance system, which is crucial in target accuracy. Basically, North Korean ICBM are only larger and more expensive than Hamas artillery rockets.

ThirdTerm wrote:I don't buy Pyongyang's propaganda claim that these missiles can actually carry a large nuclear warhead, which would significantly shorten the distance these missiles can fly if loaded. North Korea is still incapable of hitting any target with accuracy as these ballistic missiles are crudely designed, which are similar to ancient WW2 missiles without the GPS missile guidance system, which is crucial in target accuracy. Basically, North Korean ICBM are only larger and more expensive than Hamas artillery rockets.

ICBMs don’t need GPS. If one is targeting a city then coordinates can be preprogrammed. I think the thing holding back the N Koreans is re-entry vehicle technology.
quetzalcoatl wrote:The entire NK program should have been carried out in secret, like that of Israel.
Impossible because Israel simply bought its nuclear weapons while NK actually developed theirs by themselves, including needing to test them.

And you cannot hide a nuclear explosion from the rest of the world.

QatzelOk wrote: And the USA has given most of the world the incentive to develop this technology because the USA is run by small-minded psycopaths who just think in terms of financial profit.
Anyone attacking the USA must be necessarily insane. The USA would return the favor.

iambjorn wrote: Sick and tired of sensationalism in the media. [...] Kim's a 14-year-old wanna be a gangster who talks the talk but never does the walk, and why would he?
Its fascination how on one hand you complain about the media but on the other hand you faithfully reproduce what they want you to think.
Negotiator wrote: Anyone attacking the USA must be necessarily insane. The USA would return the favor.

False. Anyone declaring war on the USA must be insane (or have no other options). But new technologies like drones and submarine-launched weapons... means that the attacker could remain anonymous and doesn't need the backing of a superpower to cause major damage to American infrastructure.

Also, you're still thinking in terms of 'the great game' where superpowers attack each other to expand their empires. Today, we're looking at small, independent groups trying to bring down toxic power institutions. By destroying US domestic functionality, they might see themselves as 'liberating the world' from pschopathic financial interests (the 1% of the West) and their brainwashed, idiot slaves (the other 99%).

The Great Game is dead except in the heads of the most narrow-minded and isolated rich gangsters.

Lesson: If you let gangsters run your country and the world, the world will eventually whack your country. Somehow.
To the War Hawks:

Please Google the 2018 Heritage Foundation report on US Military Strength.

They spell out explicitly that, among other things, the US is potentially incapable at present of fighting a multiple front war.

Like they say, the generals always fight the last war.

A war with North Korea would be both cataclysmic for the human race and catastrophic for the American Empire.
QatzelOk wrote: But new technologies like drones and submarine-launched weapons...
We are talking ICBMs here. Well, I guess if you try to use stealth you might succeed.

Drones arent new though. They are just airplanes, with all the usual restrictions, except they have no pilot. They have a limited range and limited speed, compared to an ICBM. They can be detected and shot down. Depends upon luck and how much efford you put into them.

Submarines are not new either. They launch ICBMs, and like ground based ICBMs, their start will be detected. Sure you dont instantly know the country but you know the position of the submarine and can hunt for it.
Negotiator wrote:We are talking ICBMs here. Well, I guess if you try to use stealth you might succeed.

Drones arent new though. They are just airplanes, with all the usual restrictions, except they have no pilot. They have a limited range and limited speed, compared to an ICBM. They can be detected and shot down. Depends upon luck and how much efford you put into them.

Submarines are not new either. They launch ICBMs, and like ground based ICBMs, their start will be detected. Sure you dont instantly know the country but you know the position of the submarine and can hunt for it.

ICBMs aren't new either.

But as weapons tech improves, I believe that the USA will be destroyed by submarine-based weapons and drones, and not ICBMs.

And more importantly, the real weapon that is destroying America as we speak is corruption at the top combined with manufactured ignorance all around. This ignorance is fabrircated by the rich so it's really part of the same corruption.
Video:

Full sized nose cone, means ready for heavy payload delivery.

~100 of these mobile launchers will give NK second strike MAD capability. I assume their vehicle assembly lines are in full swing. Could take out most major US cities and tens of millions of people. Once warheads are Mirved size of effective arsenal can be multiplied 3-5 fold without building additional missiles or launchers.
QatzelOk wrote:And more importantly, the real weapon that is destroying America as we speak is corruption at the top combined with manufactured ignorance all around. This ignorance is fabrircated by the rich so it's really part of the same corruption.

Come to think of it, by not being able to stop this we are effectively the bigger idiots.
Sivad wrote:I smoked a pile of meth last night, I wish NK would drop a nuke on me right about now. But I still got a fifth of shitty whiskey and half a teen in the bowl so I'm gonna do that if the bombs don't start falling pretty soon.

You are scumming to nihilism.

I would just like to point out that my country, Australia, has supported the US after 9/11 by committing troops to support American efforts in Afghanistan and now we are committing ourselves to supporting US actions in Korea. To our most minds the idea of ANZUS was that America would protect us. In practice it is Australia, and other allies, who must protect America. It is America that is the lightening rod who attracts these attacks.

In order to make themselves appear strong, the likes of Al Quaeda and NK threaten America with a direct attack. Americans need to be strong enough to stand up to these threats. You can’t sit around blowing you mind on drugs and expecting the rest of us to sort out the problems for you.

I would suggest you explore the concept of principled morality rather than giving up to self indulgence.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]