High maternal mortality rate in USA. Why - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Drlee wrote:
Even in countries with universal health care, the care is not free. The funding is diverse, spending is controlled, quality is mandated and the costs spread over the entire population making them very inexpensive compared to ours. From the standpoint of outcomes however the main thing is that the quality of health care is relatively the same across the population.

Captain Obvious! Healthcare if "free" for the person receiving healthcare on Medicaid. They don't pay a dime. They go to the same hospital and receive the same level of care the paying customers do. :lol:
They don't pay a dime. They go to the same hospital and receive the same level of care the paying customers do.

This is untrue. Some medicare patients do pay copays. Most pregnancy services are covered but the services are not the same level as most insured people and they do not necessarily see the same hospitals. You need to read about this before you make yourself look foolish.

And oh by the way, the level of services vary from state to state. Medicaid is administered by the states with only minimum standards required by the federal government. 22 states did not accept the Medicaid expansion under Obamacare and have very different rules from the others.
Drlee wrote:This is untrue. Some medicare patients do pay copays. Most pregnancy services are covered but the services are not the same level as most insured people and they do not necessarily see the same hospitals. You need to read about this before you make yourself look foolish.

And oh by the way, the level of services vary from state to state. Medicaid is administered by the states with only minimum standards required by the federal government. 22 states did not accept the Medicaid expansion under Obamacare and have very different rules from the others.

Medicare is mostly for folk over 65 and yes they do have copay, 20%. Mediaid has no copay and use the same facilities in most places.
Medicare is mostly for folk over 65 and yes they do have copay, 20%.

For some codes yes and some no.

Mediaid has no copay and use the same facilities in most places

Wrong. Why don't you study and come back when you have a doctorate in Public Health.
I'm on Medicare. There is a 20% copay. One can purchase a supplemental policy to take care of the copay. There government picks up the tab for mine, Tricare For Life. Tell me more about your Medicare expertise.

Now I have not seen Medicaid everywhere, it does vary somewhat by state. In Texas there is no copay. I live in South Texas, the Rio Grande Valley metro area, around 2,000,000 population with a very large Medicaid population. Medicaid patients use the same facilities. Like Medicare, not all doctors will take Medicaid patients.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]