Roy Moore accused of sexual harassment for 1979 events - Page 36 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You were the one who brought up the original claim that the MSM is biased against Trump and perhaps Moore

Please provide evidence for this claim. Asking others to disprove it is shifting the burden of proof. Thanks.

Wikileaks has all the evidence you need. CNN, the Washington Post, the New York Times and others were all colluding with the DNC as demonstrated by the DNC emails published by WikiLeaks.
I have no problem admitting that certain news outlets were against Trump. Some we for Trump. (Fox and the WSJ for example.)

New outlets have been endorsing candidates since the advent of the movable type press. I have absolutely no problem with them doing that. Until newspapers began dying there was usually a republican and a democrat paper in every town.

This thread is about Moore. There is no doubt in my mind that Moore got blindsided by the allegations. I believe the women. But the fact is that he was tried without trial and found guilty in the court of public opinion. I am thrilled that he lost. He is an idiot with dangerously bigoted opinions, a disdain for the separation of church and state and a penchant for ignoring the law. That should have been enough to cause the voters in Alabama to reject him out of hand. Sadly they are simply not smart enough to see this in him in sufficient numbers to send him packing. The republican voters of Alabama want a racist, misogynist theocracy and Moore is the poster child for that. I laughed so hard they had to beat the breath back into me when his wife told a crowd that she was not an anti Semite because their "lawyer was a Jew". And then "we have fellowshipped with rabbis".

What we are seeing now though is the very real danger that politics will be a place only for certified Christian hero. People change in 40 years. For all of his obvious faults (and they are legion) Moore seems to have been happily married to the same woman for 40 years with no taint of scandal. There must be redemption. For the democrats this is somewhat of a Pyrrhic victory. This whole affair has already cost them a Senator and a member of the house. They get a senate seat for two years. In the end we will see if it is worth it.
They have the seat for four years, actually.

I don't know of Jones would be able to win again, and he would have lost to Strange (lol good job, Bannon the Kingmaker). But this has pumped a lot of money and energy into the Alabama Democratic party, and the Democrats need to step it up with their state operations anyway.

Jones will have four years to bring pork to his state, for people to get used to him, and to continue building up his coalition. He also prevailed strongly in younger demographics whereas Moore did better with older ones. Thankfully, the GOP is absolutely dedicated to killing off their older base as quickly as they can so we'll have a different voting population in Alabama in four years.

On top of that, a 51-49 senate throws a huge monkey gear into whatever "plans" Trump had. That and winning in a state populated by the most mouthbreathing chuds of any state is fucking laffo.

Thank you Steve Bannon, for making this possible lol.
SpecialOlympian wrote:They have the seat for four years, actually.

I don't know of Jones would be able to win again, and he would have lost to Strange (lol good job, Bannon the Kingmaker). But this has pumped a lot of money and energy into the Alabama Democratic party, and the Democrats need to step it up with their state operations anyway.

Jones will have four years to bring pork to his state, for people to get used to him, and to continue building up his coalition. He also prevailed strongly in younger demographics whereas Moore did better with older ones. Thankfully, the GOP is absolutely dedicated to killing off their older base as quickly as they can so we'll have a different voting population in Alabama in four years.

On top of that, a 51-49 senate throws a huge monkey gear into whatever "plans" Trump had. That and winning in a state populated by the most mouthbreathing chuds of any state is fucking laffo.

Thank you Steve Bannon, for making this possible lol.

I actually agree with you ......Monty Brewster could have beaten both of those Alabama candidates.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Jones will have four years to bring pork to his state, for people to get used to him, and to continue building up his coalition.

To do that he will have to make deals with the GOP. That is not going to make the DEMs happy.
SpecialOlympian wrote:They have the seat for four years, actually.

They only have it for three years. January 2018 to January 2021. It will be up for election again in 2020, which is a presidential election year.
I'm still fucking lolling that Bannon, a guy who wears two button up shirts at the same time, managed to pick the one Republican in Alabama who could lose to a Democrat.

Think about that. Bannon's handpicked moron lost. To a Democrat. In Alabama.

Anyone, every single person on this forum, could have picked a random name from the phone book and done better than that. Just fucking lol forever.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Find Someone Who Loves You Like Israel Loves Att[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over mains[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainl[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0pAf3aBt18 How […]