The FBI makes The Three Stooges look like Professors in comparison.... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/lea ... 6c78bf4022

#EndOfProbe....

Can't have obvious politically biased investigators working on a case... Trump-Russia is again dead in the water. And Hillary is back in the hot water.

Trump ripped them a new hole today in his speech. The Agency is gonna have clean house fully now.
This seems like a total non-issue. There is one guy that used to work for the investigation who once privately said bad things about both Democrats and Republicans.

That's pretty weak tea. Normally I would try to see the political utility of this. But it's just going to make it look desperate.

The OP wrote:...There are some derogatory comments about Democratic officials, including presidential candidate Bernie Sanders and former Attorney-General Eric Holder, but some of the harshest comments are reserved for Trump.

...In August 2016, Strzok responded to a New York Times story that carried the headline of “Donald Trump is Making America Meaner” by saying, “I am worried about what Trump is encouraging in our behaviour.” But he also adds, “I’m worried about what happens if HRC is elected,” using the initials for Hillary Rodham Clinton.

...A spokesman for Mueller has said Strzok was removed from the Mueller team as soon as the allegations were brought to the office’s attention, and that Page had already concluded her detail by that time anyway and returned to the FBI. Strzok has been reassigned within the FBI.
The Immortal Goon wrote:This seems like a total non-issue. There is one guy that used to work for the investigation who once privately said bad things about both Democrats and Republicans.

That's pretty weak tea. Normally I would try to see the political utility of this. But it's just going to make it look desperate.

You can't have politically biased investigators running a case. Wrecks the integrity of the investigation.

It's akin to if Elliot Ness had of said he thought "Capone was a nice guy, not as bad as people say" while at the same time being the agent assigned to investigate and bust the racket.

The FBI allowed that to happen in the Hillary Clinton case and the email messages prove it.
colliric wrote:You can't have politically biased investigators running a case. Wrecks the integrity of the investigation.

And, if we are to dismiss the bad things he said about Hillary and the Democrats, he's still not running the investigation.
The Immortal Goon wrote:And, if we are to dismiss the bad things he said about Hillary and the Democrats, he's still not running the investigation.

With due respect he was intimately involved in the investigation of both Hillary and Trump-Russia... and his text exchanges beyond the lightweight ones initially reported on that you quoted, got much much worse. Let's just say he enjoyed using the capslock.

Andrew Bolt:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andre ... 7af95daadc

That's why Trump-Russia is toast. Finally toasted.

The original breaking story:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/doj-p ... le/2643321

Democratic Party loving fanboy idiots were assigned to the Trump-Russia case AND the Hillary Clinton case....
Stormsmith wrote:I agree with TIG: weak tea. What is a hazard is President Motor Mouth bad-mouthing the FBI

Yes because the FBI is incorruptible.... there is no such thing as bias and corruption in the FBI....

https://www.cato.org/publications/comme ... ep-killing

You did not see this story, this cannot be the real FBI because the real thing is incorruptible and you are not allowed to criticize anything they do at all, ever. Even when they obviously fuck two related investigations up worse than Moe, Larry and Curly would.
colliric wrote:With due respect he was intimately involved in the investigation of both Hillary and Trump-Russia... and his text exchanges beyond the lightweight ones initially reported on that you quoted, got much much worse. Let's just say he enjoyed using the capslock.

Andrew Bolt:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andre ... 7af95daadc

That's why Trump-Russia is toast. Finally toasted.

Democratic Party loving fanboy idiots were assigned to the Trump-Russia case AND the Hillary Clinton case....

I'm perplexed that one person that was worried what would happen if Hillary was elected, who calls himself a "conservative Democrat", trashed the Democratic Party, and no longer works on the investigation doesn't pass the thought-crime test for you. Aside from you refuting your evidence by saying he was saying some kind of extremist, I see no reason to be alarmed by this.

You did not see this story, this cannot be the real FBI because the real thing is incorruptible and you are not allowed to criticize anything they do at all, ever. Even when they obviously fuck two related investigations up worse than Moe, Larry and Curly would.

The FBI was more or less formed with murdering American citizens that were too far to the left in mind. Maybe this only seems like laughable whining since I've had to spend my entire life with armedfederal forces specifically designed to stop any political reform that I'd be in favour of.

But I guess I should never be surprised that the right-winger is going to be the biggest victim in the room.
“I’m worried about what happens if HRC is elected”

Given the context he's obviously saying he's worried about the reaction of Trump's deplorables should Clinton be elected. He supports Clinton, interpreting it as a criticism is a stretch.

colliric wrote:With due respect he was intimately involved in the investigation of both Hillary and Trump-Russia...

There were extreme irregularities in both investigations.
The irregularities in the Clinton-emails investigation are breathtaking: the failure to use the grand jury to compel the production of key physical evidence; the Justice Department’s collaboration with defense lawyers to restrict the FBI’s ability to pursue obvious lines of inquiry and examine digital evidence; immunity grants to suspects who should have been charged with crimes and pressured to cooperate; allowing subjects of the investigation to be present for each other’s FBI interviews and even to act as lawyers for Clinton, in violation of legal and ethical rules; Comey’s preparation of a statement exonerating Clinton months before the investigation was complete and key witnesses — including Clinton herself — were interviewed; and the shameful tarmac meeting between Obama attorney general Loretta Lynch and Mrs. Clinton’s husband just days before Mrs. Clinton sat for a perfunctory FBI interview (after which Comey announced the decision not to charge her).
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... estigators

In the Trump-Russia witch hunt Strzok used opposition research paid for by Trump's political rivals and obtained by bribing unvetted Russian sources to get a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign.

and his text exchanges beyond the lightweight ones initially reported on that you quoted, got much much worse.

This one is a particular doozy -
"I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office [Andrew McCabe is the FBI deputy director and married to a Democratic Virginia State Senate candidate] for that there’s no way he gets elected—but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk. It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40..." Strzok, texted on Aug. 15, 2016

WTF? :eek:

You'd think the left would be more interested in exposing the inner workings of the deep state than playing at lame partisan politics, but apparently not. Presidents and politicians come and go but the deep states abides. If the deep state is allowed to destroy Trump with this manufactured controversy they'll be able to do the same to any genuine progressive reformer that threatens the status quo.
The Deep State is a conspiracy theory.

Since the shadowy Illuminati figure here exposed was exposed, and is only guilty of having the same concerns as the vast majority of the country, and is not part of the investigation, doesn't really make me panic about a Turkish conspiracy theory.
Really?

Given all the Presidents, politicians, journalists, and academics that have commented on, warned about, investigated, and studied the deep state, the claim that it's just a conspiracy theory is controversial to say the least.

Even measured academics began to describe a dual-state system in the United States, the focus of Tufts University international law professor Michael J. Glennon’s 2014 book, National Security and Double Government. Glennon observed that Obama had campaigned against Bush-era surveillance and security policies in 2008 but acquiesced to many of them as president—suggesting a national-security apparatus that holds sway even over the elected leaders notionally in charge of it.
https://www.politico.eu/article/us-dona ... e-is-real/

And if we look at the FBI specifically, throughout its entire history it has done nothing but spy on the populace, infiltrate and destroy political organizations, sabotage civil rights movements, compile black mail dossiers on prominent Americans including elected officials, it's definitely an anti-democratic deep state outfit.
Sivad wrote:Really?

Given all the Presidents, politicians, journalists, and academics that have commented on, warned about, investigated, and studied the deep state, the claim that it's just a conspiracy theory is controversial to say the least.

Are there career government employees? Sure.

Are they involved in a conspiracy? I see no evidence to suggest this. And the fact that one guy privately agreed with the vast majority of the American public that Trump wouldn't be a good president hardly exposes a grand conspiracy.

And if we look at the FBI specifically, throughout its entire history it has done nothing but spy on the populace, infiltrate and destroy political organizations, sabotage civil rights movements, compile black mail dossiers on prominent Americans including elected officials, it's definitely an anti-democratic deep state outfit.

Yup, almost entirely union members, minorities, and leftists were in its crosshairs. That was never a conspiracy though, they were always pretty open about that.

As a leftist, again, you'll pardon me if the FBI having a single "conservative Democrat" in its midst doesn't pop as a major scandal.
Every president has to get along with the government agencies. The CIA, FBI...these agencies have resources that can only help the POTUS if he wants to cooperate with them.

The simple fact that Trump is trying his best to discredit the FBI is a clear indicator that Trump knows he did wrong and is trying to make the FBI look incompetent. The FBI is way more established than Trump's presidency. Rookie Trump can go screw a pig.
The Immortal Goon wrote:Are there career government employees? Sure.

Are they involved in a conspiracy? I see no evidence to suggest this.

So in your mind you've debunked all the Presidents, politicians, whistleblowers, journalists, and academics who from experience, investigation, and study say that there is an unelected and largely unaccountable power structure within the government that wields enormous power and influence behind the scenes?

Mike Lofgren, a congressional staff member for 28 years, joins Bill Moyers to talk about what he calls Washington's "Deep State," in which elected and unelected figures collude to protect and serve powerful vested interests. "It is how we had deregulation, financialization of the economy, the Wall Street bust, the erosion or our civil liberties and perpetual war," Lofgren tells Moyers.

The Secret Government - The Constitution In Crisis -Bill Moyers (PBS 1987)
The 1987 PBS documentary The Secret Government: The Constitution In Crisis analyzes the threats to constitutional government posed by an illegitimate network of spies, profiteers, mercenaries, ex-generals and "superpatriots" who have tried, at various times, to take foreign policy into their own hands.

Yup, almost entirely union members, minorities, and leftists were in its crosshairs. That was never a conspiracy though, they were always pretty open about that.

No, they were not open about it, COINTELPRO and CHAOS were covert and illegal operations. The surveillance, blackmail, threats, and coercion of public officials and their families wasn't public knowledge.

As a leftist, again, you'll pardon me if the FBI having a single "conservative Democrat" in its midst doesn't pop as a major scandal.

If that's all it was, but you're not addressing the facts. You're just being unduly dismissive out of political convenience. There were enough suspicious facts to launch an IG investigation. The FBI is stonewalling congress on requests for certain material. And there's still no credible evidence of any kind of illegal or improper collusion between Trump and the Russian state.
Sivad wrote:
And there's still no credible evidence of any kind of illegal or improper collusion between Trump and the Russian state.

By now I'm pretty much convinced there's nothing to the collusion charge. It's probably one reason why we are seeing a shift back to the sexual assault allegations.

In the unlikely event that the Democrats will manage to oust Trump, they'll have done more damage to democracy in the US than Trump ever could.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:By now I'm pretty much convinced there's nothing to the collusion charge. It's probably one reason why we are seeing a shift back to the sexual assault allegations.

It's obvious just from all the bogus stories the MSM has been fabricating which spectacularly collapse within hours of being published. The MSM is flailing wildly, desperate for something, anything to substantiate this story but the best they can do is hype the assessment of the "intelligence community", the same community that has repeatedly demonstrated astounding incompetence and shocking duplicity on the gravest issues in recent history.

In the unlikely event that the Democrats will manage to oust Trump, they'll have done more damage to democracy in the US than Trump ever could.

The fallout from that won't be good for anyone. It would be a colossal blunder that's guaranteed to backfire. All it will accomplish is to further galvanize and radicalize the hard right.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]