Is D.Trump Insane? - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
foxdemon wrote:To what extent is anyone’s behaviour voluntary?

As I have said previously, I see no indication of mental illness. I do see a stereotypical small businessman. One does not need to be insane to be unfit in character to hold public office.

But then how many other politicians are of fit character to hold office? After Trump’s various disasters, the right thing to do is to resign in order to protect the reputation of the institution of the US government. But Bill didn’t resign. So Trump is not the first to abuse the reputation of Federal American government. The people won’t regain their trust in the institutions until politicians become prepared to fall on their swords like good Romans.

Having said that, anyone can become mentally ill. As any interrogator in the CIA or KGB knows, everyone has their breaking point. Trump might snap before he is removed from office.

I think Trump has done a very good job as President so far. He has actually done some of the things he promised to do as a candidate and is still trying to do the other things even against strong political resistance and opposition.
By foxdemon
Hindsite wrote:I think Trump has done a very good job as President so far. He has actually done some of the things he promised to do as a candidate and is still trying to do the other things even against strong political resistance and opposition.

Well, he hasn’t sprogged on the clothes of any young female interns yet. But to be fair to Bill, if one’s wife looked like Hillary, nubile young interns would be hard to resist.
By Godstud
Where's the wall?
Why is the ACA still here?
Why isn't Clinton in jail?

Trump has done fuck, and all.
By Zagadka
Trump has accomplished some things. Whether they are good or not is up for debate, but at the least

- Lowered immigration without even needing to build the wall
- Kept job and economic growth on pace
- Brought some manufacturing back (the recently announced transfer of plants from Fiat Chrysler and Toyota)

Then there are some things that he technically accomplished, but were bad ideas. He has signed a shitload of executive orders and been blocked by the courts, but that is what the courts are for and why we are not a dictatorship. Trump supporters view this as liberal agenda obstruction, while others call it being in line with constitutional powers.
By Godstud
He's accomplished nothing that wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I mean, he's trying to take credit for airplane safety, for fuck's sake! :lol:

Airline safety best on record in 2017: Trump claims credit, but experts cite years of efforts
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 996561001/

The only thing Trump does well, is lie his fool head off.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:Where's the wall?
Why is the ACA still here?
Why isn't Clinton in jail?

Trump has done fuck, and all.

You really want those? Don't worry, this is just his first year. Plenty of time left for that.
By Zagadka
The airline thing was hilarious, yes. But the ICE crackdowns are of his design. The economy is increasing slightly faster than the trend from Obama (which was going up pretty steadily, yes, but he hasn't hurt it, at least), and while we can question how much he had to do with bringing the plants in directly (auto companies have been moving to US plants for a long time), it did happen.

You can't discount everything he's done.

EDIT

I mean, you CAN... but he has done some things

If you follow charts like this

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+unemployment+rate

it is a pretty clear path (both from Obama and compared to other countries like Germany on that chart), but he hasn't made anything worse.
By Hindsite
Zagadka wrote:The airline thing was hilarious, yes. But the ICE crackdowns are of his design. The economy is increasing slightly faster than the trend from Obama (which was going up pretty steadily, yes, but he hasn't hurt it, at least), and while we can question how much he had to do with bringing the plants in directly (auto companies have been moving to US plants for a long time), it did happen.

You can't discount everything he's done.

EDIT

I mean, you CAN... but he has done some things

If you follow charts like this

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+unemployment+rate

it is a pretty clear path, but he hasn't made anything worse.

Yes, especially getting rid of a lot of job killing regulations and giving us a tax cut. HalleluYah
By Ter
Zagadka wrote: He has signed a shitload of executive orders and been blocked by the courts, but that is what the courts are for and why we are not a dictatorship.

That is correct. According to the news I read, a majority, if not all of those judges blocking his executive orders are liberal-oriented, nominated by liberal presidents.
Trump is in the process of nominating a lot of conservative judges, that will have an effect in the coming years.
By Zagadka
Honestly, one of the most important and lasting powers any president has is the naming of judges, especially on the lower courts, since no one actually pays attention to them. A few good nominations can change the balance of what the future allows. This was one of the problems we had with W, but it wasn't this bad.

The US government is intentionally sluggish.
By jimjam
Donald's "accomplishments"? Let's see: made an already divided America even more divided in accordance with his divide and conquer strategy, set the stage for coal debris in our stream beds, oil spills on our beaches, polluted air, fanned the flames of hatred across the land, moved America from #1 worldwide to #2 or #3 while making it a laughingstock, elevated profanity into the national dialogue and forced us to look at his fat ass.

Now this ^ is when America was great. :?:
blackjack21 wrote:We should put that statement on the border wall with a picture of the globe and an arrow pointing to Norway.

I need to make sure I leave the USA for Mexico before the wall goes up and I am trapped in the USA. I don't want to be trapped here when a North Korean dude might nuke the USA because of a dumb ass narcissist. I need to run for the border and it aint gonna be for Taco Bell....Freedom, from stupidity and racist people who turn their nation into a shithole country because they refuse to give living wages to its workers.

This country is dependent on cheap Latin American labor, and if they ever get rid of every migrant worker, every construction worker, every hotel and restaurant worker, etc worker that is from Latin America--the economy would crash. They should just open the gates wide and let me go.....let me get the hell out of this country on the road to nowhere but another recession/depression, and being pillaged by the Koch brothers and others like them.....

Got to run for the border....

What happened to making the Mexicans pay for the wall? Couldn't force the prez of Mexico to do what you wanted? I wonder how well Trump can arm twist Iran or North Korea? If the Mexican ex prez Fox figured out that stupid scheme? Por favor hombre....

By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Donald's "accomplishments"? Let's see: made an already divided America even more divided in accordance with his divide and conquer strategy, set the stage for coal debris in our stream beds, oil spills on our beaches, polluted air, fanned the flames of hatred across the land, moved America from #1 worldwide to #2 or #3 while making it a laughingstock, elevated profanity into the national dialogue and forced us to look at his fat ass.

Those sound like very big accomplishments, especially the last one.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:Those sound like very big accomplishments, especially the last one.

Do i detect a sense of humor? Donald's fat ass being a "very big accomplishment". H.S. , we finally have found a thing we are able to agree upon. :lol:
By Doug64
For the latest nonsense from Democrats (House Dems plan measure to censure Trump over 's---hole countries' remarks), the Republican House leadership ought to allow it to come to the floor then add amendments condemning presidents Truman and Johnson for their equally crude language in private conversations.

Beren wrote:It's the system rather than the people themselves, and I wonder whether breaking up the US would really help. It would just make it easier for them to go to war with each other, I'm afraid.

So what is the alternative, go the Augustus route and keep the forms of democratic institutions while depriving them of any real power? Leave the governance of our country to "the best and brightest"? Who gets to decide who "the best and brightest" are? To quote G. K. Chesterton, "There are no wise few. Every aristocracy that has ever existed has behaved, in all essential points, exactly like a small mob."

jimjam wrote:In the interest of being "Fair And Balanced"

There is another problem with the current debate over Mr. Trump’s mental condition: It assumes his behavior isn’t voluntary, and that his shocking or “unpresidential” conduct is a symptom of mental illness. This kind of thinking contributes to the stigmatization of mental illness. It’s entirely possible that he simply has certain personal qualities we don’t find ideal in a leader, like being a narcissistic bully who lacks basic civility and common courtesies. That he is, in a word, a jerk. But that alone does not make him mentally unfit to serve.

There you have it folks. Donald is either a mental case or a jerk. Or, perhaps, both.

I refused to vote for Trump because of his revealed character, not because of his policy positions (not that I agreed with all of those, either), but I didn't assume that because he lacks the character needed in a president he must be mentally ill. Unfortunately, Democrats can't use that argument to call for Trump's removal from office, the voters already knew about it when they elected him. So instead the Democrats invent nonsense about his mental capacity.
By Hindsite
Tainari88 wrote:I need to make sure I leave the USA for Mexico before the wall goes up and I am trapped in the USA. I don't want to be trapped here when a North Korean dude might nuke the USA because of a dumb ass narcissist. I need to run for the border and it aint gonna be for Taco Bell....Freedom, from stupidity and racist people who turn their nation into a shithole country because they refuse to give living wages to its workers.

The high wages and welfare programs are the reason Mexicans come here.

Tainari88 wrote:This country is dependent on cheap Latin American labor, and if they ever get rid of every migrant worker, every construction worker, every hotel and restaurant worker, etc worker that is from Latin America--the economy would crash.

Here where I live the restaurant workers are not Hispanic. I know of one German lady and a few black workers and the rest are white locals. They make pretty good because we are big tippers here.

Tainari88 wrote: They should just open the gates wide and let me go.....let me get the hell out of this country on the road to nowhere but another recession/depression, and being pillaged by the Koch brothers and others like them.....

I am not worried, because I am confident President Trump has a plan to deal with all that in due time.
@Igor Antunov,
Ouch! Germany replaces U.S. as country with best global image

Germany has replaced the United States as the country with the best "brand image," according to a new study of 50 countries released Thursday.

The Nation Brands Index (NBI) survey by German-based market research firm GfK and the British political consultant Simon Anholt measured public opinion around the world on "the power and quality of each country's 'brand image.'"

Germany moved up to first place after coming in second in 2016. The U.S. dropped from top to sixth, with France, Britain, Canada and Japan taking spots two to five.

The study calculated the final NBI score by researching how well people viewed a country across six categories: Its people, governance, exports, tourism, investment and immigration and culture and heritage.

The land of sausages, Angela Merkel and "Made in Germany" was in the top five for all but one category. Only in "tourism" did Germany fall outside the top five, coming in tenth.
Foreigners' views of the US worsened considerably compared to 2016, particularly in the category "governance," where it slipped from spot 19 to spot 23.

The "Trump effect" explains the fall, according to Anholt.

"The loss of the U.S.'s image in the governance category is indicative of the Trump effect, which was triggered by President Trump's policies and his 'America First' message," he said.

Americans themselves nevertheless viewed their country more positively than in 2016.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 870250001/

So we see that not only has Trump dealt a major blow to his country's international reputation, his voters are too blind to see it.

Helping Ukraine to defeat the Russian invasion an[…]

https://twitter.com/huwaidaarraf/status/1773389663[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]