An app for legally binding contract for sexual consent incl. STD guarantees! - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I don’t. I just liked being clear when I was dating.

If I was at all unsure about the situation, I just asked her if she was sure she wanted to have sex.

I am simply confused as to why this is an issue.

Getting consent isn’t “an issue”, it’s a normal part of courtship or casual sex.

The app is just an embarrassing indication of how low interpersonal communication and relations are in society right now. I struggle to find a positive spin on this app :hmm:
ness31 wrote:Getting consent isn’t “an issue”, it’s a normal part of courtship or casual sex.

The app is just an embarrassing indication of how low interpersonal communication and relations are in society right now. I struggle to find a positive spin on this app :hmm:

Oh, I see. This seems to be one of those “kids these days” complaints that is not actually about the topic.

I often find myself making these same criticisms in my head, especially when the teenagers in my household are too busy watching family Guy on their phone instead of doing their chores.

But this is how stuff like this gets done these days.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Oh, I see. This seems to be one of those “kids these days” complaints that is not actually about the topic.

I often find myself making these same criticisms in my head, especially when the teenagers in my household are too busy watching family Guy on their phone instead of doing their chores.

But this is how stuff like this gets done these days.

“stuff like this gets done?” :eh:

Well, I don’t have much else to say... :lol:
BeheadTheFrog wrote:This app is trash.

Consent isn't a contract you sign.

The common law understanding of a contract is that must have four components the most important of which is consent. The four ingredients of a contract:
1. Offer
2. Acceptance (consent)
3. Consideration (terms)
4. Knowledge / Capacity to contract (mental wellness and maturity, understanding of the terms.

Technically what you say is correct in the same sense as saying sliced white bread isn't a sandwich but only because it is but one ingredient of a sandwich rather than the whole thing.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]