Is Africa A Sh*tHole? One African Thinks So. - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of Africa.

Moderator: PoFo Africa Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Thank you for providing another example of Trump supporters feeling vindicated and identifying with Trump when he says dumb racist crap.

How is it racist?
Victoribus Spolia wrote:How is it racist?

How is it true?

Are you now arguing that insulting generalising opinions are now true?

Can I then say that conservative capitalist christians are racist d-bags and that would be true according to these standards?
You are responding to a question with a question(s). I asked you a question and the rules of discourse require you to answer it, not evade it.

Answer the question.

How was the statement of Trump, under discussion, racist?
It makes an insulting generalisation about a whole continent of people, the same ones who have to deal with crap like this every day because of their skin colour.

And the fact that Trump says racist crap often. It is part of his strategy for getting and maintaining power.

Now, why do you now think opinions are true facts?
Pants-of-dog wrote:It makes an insulting generalisation about a whole continent of people, the same ones who have to deal with crap like this every day because of their skin colour.

And the fact that Trump says racist crap often. It is part of his strategy for getting and maintaining power.

Now, why do you now think opinions are true facts?

Yeah, I can see how sub-Saharan Africans would have to deal with discrimination based on skin color on a daily basis. :lol:
These places are shitholes mainly due to US and foreign intervention and meddling. It's far easier for corporations (be it from the US, EU, China, etc.) to do business with dictators and warlords, than democratically elected governments, and educated populations. It's in the interest of the big powers of the world to keep Africa (and Latin America) as unstable and dumb as possible.

So... is Africa a shithole? Yea, probably. Is it their fault? Most likely not. This is the key part I think Trump and his supports don't understand. Or maybe they do understand, and have no problem with fucking over people in other countries. These are the same people that then wonder why did a few brown people crash airplanes into some towers in NYC.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It makes an insulting generalisation about a whole continent of people, the same ones who have to deal with crap like this every day because of their skin colour.

That does not prove that his comments were racism, the nations under discussion in the context from Trump's remark were from various nations and of various ethnic backgrounds. Thus the claim that the comment was racist in principle, is itself a racist generalization not grounded in fact.

Care to try again?

How were the comments true? Easy.

The comments are true because the countries he mentioned, like the African author from Ghana pointed out in the OP, have high levels of corruption, poverty, genocide, curable diseases, epidemics, poor drinking water, no utilities in large parts of the nation, and rampant crime. This obtains in Haiti, El Salvador and large portions of sub-saharan Africa.

They are shit-holes. Plain. Simple. True. Not Racist.
Why are you avoiding my questions, Vicky? You somehow think dumb opinions based on ignorance and generalizations are “true”. Why is that?

But hey, keep pretending that racist people do not think Africans are a race, if you want.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Vicky?

Awww, thats cute....did you come up with that all on your own? :lol:

Pants-of-dog wrote:Why are you avoiding my questions

I answered your question.

Pants-of-dog wrote:But hey, keep pretending that racist people do not think Africans are a race, if you want.

Not an argument. Ignored.

I am starting to notice a pattern that your bent-out-of-shape snowflake nature comes out anytime anything having remotely to do with the third world comes up.....Its quite amusing.
Rancid wrote:These places are shitholes mainly due to US and foreign intervention and meddling. It's far easier for corporations (be it from the US, EU, China, etc.) to do business with dictators and warlords, than democratically elected governments, and educated populations. It's in the interest of the big powers of the world to keep Africa (and Latin America) as unstable and dumb as possible.

So... is Africa a shithole? Yea, probably. Is it their fault? Most likely not. This is the key part I think Trump and his supports don't understand. Or maybe they do understand, and have no problem with fucking over people in other countries. These are the same people that then wonder why did a few brown people crash airplanes into some towers in NYC.

I think the Ghanese author in the OP, himself, thinks its quite unhelpful to completely blame the blight of Africa on the "white devil." At the end of the day, regardless of what oppression comes, its incumbent upon a people to break their shackles and rise up. I don't think perpetuating a victim-narrative is healthy on the individual or the national level for any people. Indeed, this is one of my biggest problems with the Alt. Right, they want to blame everything on SJWs and Jews instead of taking responsibility for the low birth rates and bad decisions of European-Americans.

I'm sorry, but throwing garbage wherever you walk (like I personally saw done in the Ghetto, countless times), and washing your clothes in a crick where raw sewage is dumped is not something you can simply "blame on the white man."

Having a Lack of innovations and oppressively low food prices because the west pumps these countries full of free-aid packages? Sure, white man's problem.

Having an outbreak of black plague (like in Madagascar) because tribal politics or corruption prevents the correct emphasis on public sanitation from being made? No. can't pin all of your problems on the west. Thats dumb and that doesn't help anyone and it only breeds a resentment that can have serious long term consequences.

Ginning up anti-white views in Africa to the point that it becomes almost a new mythology will be detrimental to us in the future when these people, having these beliefs, live in our nations for any amount of time. They will believe themselves justified when they murder us in our sleep and white libs will only have themselves to blame for it.

By telling Africans that their countries are in bad shape because of us will not make them friends, they don't care about our self-perceived guilt and our attempts to propitiate ourselves. If they believe we made them suffer for generations for purely material reasons, they will never forgive us and they will attempt to destroy us when they have the collective will and ability to do so.

We have already seen this being done to white minority communities in Africa. Starting with Mugabe's land seizures and extending to the recent humanitarian crisis of farm-murders in South Africa.

You didn't see the Germanic tribes blaming their inferiority on Roman oppression. No, they duplicated it, advanced it, and turned it against them and became the new masters of the West. This is the correct attitude, not excuses. This goes as much for those in these shit-holes as it does for whites on 4Chan.

Political discourse would be far less tiring if everyone quit bitching about "muh oppression."

Victoribus Spolia wrote:
I think the Ghanese author in the OP, himself, thinks its quite unhelpful to completely blame the blight of Africa on the "white devil." At the end of the day, regardless of what oppression comes, its incumbent upon a people to break their shackles and rise up. I don't think perpetuating a victim-narrative is healthy on the individual or the national level for any people. Indeed, this is one of my biggest problems with the Alt. Right, they want to blame everything on SJWs and Jews instead of taking responsibility for the low birth rates and bad decisions of European-Americans.

I'm sorry, but throwing garbage wherever you walk (like I personally saw done in the Ghetto, countless times), and washing your clothes in a crick where raw sewage is dumped is not something you can simply "blame on the white man."

Having a Lack of innovations and oppressively low food prices because the west pumps these countries full of free-aid packages? Sure, white man's problem.

Having an outbreak of black plague (like in Madagascar) because tribal politics or corruption prevents the correct emphasis on public sanitation from being made? No. can't pin all of your problems on the west. Thats dumb and that doesn't help anyone and it only breeds a resentment that can have serious long term consequences.

Ginning up anti-white views in Africa to the point that it becomes almost a new mythology will be detrimental to us in the future when these people, having these beliefs, live in our nations for any amount of time. They will believe themselves justified when they murder us in our sleep and white libs will only have themselves to blame for it.

By telling Africans that their countries are in bad shape because of us will not make them friends, they don't care about our self-perceived guilt and our attempts to propitiate ourselves. If they believe we made them suffer for generations for purely material reasons, they will never forgive us and they will attempt to destroy us when they have the collective will and ability to do so.

We have already seen this being done to white minority communities in Africa. Starting with Mugabe's land seizures and extending to the recent humanitarian crisis of farm-murders in South Africa.

You didn't see the Germanic tribes blaming their inferiority on Roman oppression. No, they duplicated it, advanced it, and turned it against them and became the new masters of the West. This is the correct attitude, not excuses. This goes as much for those in these shit-holes as it does for whites on 4Chan.

Political discourse would be far less tiring if everyone quit bitching about "muh oppression."

It's true that you have to help yourself regardless of how disadvantage you might be. No doubt.

That said, when you have a shit culture that has been breed in by colonial powers, it's very hard to break the cycle. It's also very hard to break the cycle of war lords and despots when you're shit poor and starving. It's also hard to break the cycle when you're uneducated. When you're reduced to a state of "I just need to survive," it's really hard to wake up and protest on the streets. Not to mention, if you do protest, the local warlord will probably put a gun to your head.

What's the solution? Change the culture. How do you do that? Get rid of the war lords and despots, and educate people. What prevents that? The great powers of the world that like to keep these war lords and despots in power, because it's good for business. Don't believe this is true? Just look at Saudi Arabia, why is the US so friendly with this regime that oppresses? Because it's good for business.

Your suggestion is kind of like asking a crack addict to just "get yourself together" and right after that, you hand them another crack pipe.

Those of us that have the luxury if living in modern nations need to realize that everything we have, is largely at the expense of people in these so called shit holes. We like our cozy lives here. We demand our politicians to give us cozy jobs and cozy lives. We demand our corporations to give us cheap shit. Thus, our politicians allow corporations to exploit the people of weaker nations.
Rancid wrote:These places are shitholes mainly due to US and foreign intervention and meddling. It's far easier for corporations (be it from the US, EU, China, etc.) to do business with dictators and warlords, than democratically elected governments, and educated populations. It's in the interest of the big powers of the world to keep Africa (and Latin America) as unstable and dumb as possible.

What an utterly idiotic thing to say.

Business doesn't care about the type of government, but it certainly cares about the rule of law, good infrastructure, a healthy and well educated workforce. That's the kind of stuff that attracts investment from abroad.

I would agree with most of this. The only thing I think I need to add to it is what criterias are needed to deem the phase 'shithole' to be acceptable for Trump? Africa has some attractive plains and wildlife. There major cities are also well built, especially in SA. What they lack is continental wealth - especially for the poor. But the US poor also lack wealth and trailer parks are not exactly uncommon there. So surely the same phase can apply to the US too?
Rugoz wrote:
What an utterly idiotic thing to say.

Business doesn't care about the type of government, but it certainly cares about the rule of law, good infrastructure, a healthy and well educated workforce. That's the kind of stuff that attracts investment from abroad.

This is an idiotic thing to say.

Businesses certainly do care about the type of government that is in place.

Businesses love dictatorships and authoritarian governments over democracies. Largely because in a dictatorship or authoritarian government, the power is held by a select few. Thus, it's fewer people to buy off to get what you want (access to minerals, or access to a cheap labor force). Governments also love dictatorships and authoritarian governments because again, it's easier to buy support. For example, it's easier to provide foreign aid to a country in exchange for say, fighting ISIS (because the local population can be disregarded). Thus, to make dealings with foreign entities easier, we want there to be dictatorships and non-democratic governments in place.

Most dictators in Latin America were supported by America in some way (at least initially), precisely for this reason. It just makes business easier, and it makes politicians easier to buy off.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That or some of the Republicans are crazy or stup[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]