Is D.Trump Insane? - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Beren
Igor Antunov wrote:I will assume this is a joke. Oh and look out, there is a truck on the pedestrian path behind you.

Anytime I look out there is a troll behind me actually.
By jimjam
Tainari88 wrote:country on the road to nowhere but another recession/depression, and being pillaged by the Koch brothers and others like them.....

Got to run for the border....

What happened to making the Mexicans pay for the wall? Couldn't force the prez of Mexico to do what you wanted? I wonder how well Trump can arm twist Iran or North Korea? If the Mexican ex prez Fox figured out that stupid scheme? Por favor hombre....

I have had the sense for awhile now that we are due for some economic back sliding. When? Who knows. When a spark ignites it, we will surely know. A simple cursory study of economic history will clearly show that "prosperity" will rise to an unsustainable level and then fall back to reality. With wealth so obscenely in the hands of .01% or 1%, there is less and less $ in the hands of fewer and fewer people which means that there is less and less $ being spent which will, of course, lead to an overall weakening of the economy. The study of economics tracks roughly the study of human behavior. Money, I consider, is the ultimate drug and drugs frequently lead people, singly and collectively, to do damage to themselves. There is a serious bubble building up and, like all bubbles, it has a braking point. Our "economic indicators" are a bad joke that are used by politicians to fool people. Unemployment rate going down? That sounds wonderful but ..... how many of those employed are making $8 or $12 @hour?

Donald's tax "reform" simply added fuel to the fire by making economic inequality all the greater.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote: Unemployment rate going down? That sounds wonderful but ..... how many of those employed are making $8 or $12 @hour?

Many companies have raise their minimum wage to $11 up to $15 per hour since Trump signed the tax cut bill and some companies gave their employees $1000 bonus. There are many workers that are making $20 and more per hour and the unemployment among Blacks is better that it has ever been, according to some news reports that I have heard.

jimjam wrote:Donald's tax "reform" simply added fuel to the fire by making economic inequality all the greater.

Maybe, but it did a lot to put more money in the pocket of the average worker too.
By Godstud
Hindsite wrote:Many companies have raise their minimum wage to $11 up to $15 per hour since Trump signed the tax cut bill and some companies gave their employees $1000 bonus. There are many workers that are making $20 and more per hour and the unemployment among Blacks is better that it has ever been, according to some news reports that I have heard.
Please provide a source for this bullshit claim that you made up to make yourself feel better. It should be easy since it's "according to some news reports". If not, it's just a big fat lie you tell yourself to console yourself that the Trump of God, is actually the Rump of Dog. :lol:
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:Many companies

You do know that the population of the USA is 323,100,000?
By Doug64
Godstud wrote:Please provide a source for this bullshit claim that you made up to make yourself feel better. It should be easy since it's "according to some news reports". If not, it's just a big fat lie you tell yourself to console yourself that the Trump of God, is actually the Rump of Dog. :lol:

Black Americans' Record Employment, Tax Cuts and More

That good news for Blacks probably explains why Trump's approval among Black men is up to 23% from 13% in November 2016, and at 11% for Black women from 4%. And that probably explains why the Democrats are so desperate to find an excuse to blow up a DACA deal while blaming it on the Republicans -- anything to stamp down that rising support and preserve the high levels of minority support for them they'll need come November if they are to have any chance of taking back control of Congress.
By Beren
Igor Antunov wrote:The same doctor appointed by Obama. Trump scored 30/30 in the cognitive test, normal is 27.4/30. Trump is above normal.

Appointed by Obama, so what? Is Obama still his boss?

It must be fake, I'd expect 33/30 from a genius like Trump.
By Godstud
Trump took an IQ test, and failed.

Also:
Trump Knocked Out in First Round of White House I.Q.-Test Tournament After Losing to Betsy DeVos
In an I.Q.-test tournament devised by Donald Trump to determine the smartest person in his Administration, Trump suffered a humiliating defeat on Tuesday, getting knocked out in the first round by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.
Trump had personally created the brackets for the tournament, which he had hoped would lead to an I.Q.-championship showdown between him and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
“He was determined to face Betsy in the first round,” a White House source said of Trump. “He thought it would be like a bye week.”
Trump was stung by DeVos’s upset win, however, and lashed out at the I.Q. test itself, calling it both “fake” and “rigged,” according to the source.
“It had been a while since he had taken an I.Q. test,” the source said. “He had forgotten there was a spelling section.”
Elsewhere in the I.Q. tournament, other members of the Trump family were knocked out in the first round as well, with Ivanka Trump falling to Vice-President Mike Pence; Donald Trump, Jr., losing to Trump’s press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders; and Jared Kushner reportedly suffering a lopsided defeat at the hands of Secretary of Energy Rick Perry.
Trump’s son Eric did not participate in the tournament. “That would have been cruel,” the source said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowit ... se-iq-test
Doug64 wrote:That good news for Blacks probably explains why Trump's approval among Black men is up to 23% from 13% in November 2016, and at 11% for Black women from 4%.

Meanwhile, back in reality:

Only 15% of black Americans said they approved of Trump's job performance in the days following his inauguration last January — and it's only gone downhill from there. In the most recent Gallup weekly numbers, only 6% of black Americans said they approved of the President's job performance.
The most recent CNN polling, from December, shows that only 3% of black Americans said they approved of how Trump is handling his job nearly a year into his White House tenure. A whopping 91% said they disapproved.

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/16/polit ... index.html
By Potemkin
Godstud wrote:Trump took an IQ test, and failed.

Also:
Trump Knocked Out in First Round of White House I.Q.-Test Tournament After Losing to Betsy DeVos
In an I.Q.-test tournament devised by Donald Trump to determine the smartest person in his Administration, Trump suffered a humiliating defeat on Tuesday, getting knocked out in the first round by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.
Trump had personally created the brackets for the tournament, which he had hoped would lead to an I.Q.-championship showdown between him and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
“He was determined to face Betsy in the first round,” a White House source said of Trump. “He thought it would be like a bye week.”
Trump was stung by DeVos’s upset win, however, and lashed out at the I.Q. test itself, calling it both “fake” and “rigged,” according to the source.
“It had been a while since he had taken an I.Q. test,” the source said. “He had forgotten there was a spelling section.”
Elsewhere in the I.Q. tournament, other members of the Trump family were knocked out in the first round as well, with Ivanka Trump falling to Vice-President Mike Pence; Donald Trump, Jr., losing to Trump’s press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders; and Jared Kushner reportedly suffering a lopsided defeat at the hands of Secretary of Energy Rick Perry.
Trump’s son Eric did not participate in the tournament. “That would have been cruel,” the source said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowit ... se-iq-test

That's actually a satirical column, Godstud. It's not particularly funny, so your confusion is understandable. Personally, I think any satire of Trump's administration is doomed to failure - it is its own parody.
By Godstud
I knew it was satire. :D It's hard to tell truth from fiction these days, because of all the fake news... :lol: :lol: :lol:
How anyone could think that some billionaire strongman who became president by mopping the floor with all of his opponents while at the same time warring with the media is feeble minded/unhinged is beyond me. Trump's shitposting is calculated, his salt mining profitable, his antics practiced. He's savage.
By Doug64
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Meanwhile, back in reality:

Yes, back in reality. In The Atlantic: The Voters Abandoning Donald Trump

Among African Americans and Hispanics, reactions to Trump depend more on gender than age or education. In every age group, and at every level of education, about twice as many African American men as women gave Trump positive marks. In all, 23 percent of black men approved of Trump’s performance versus 11 percent of black women. “The outlier here isn’t [black] men … it’s [black] women, where you have near-universal disapproval of Trump,” said Cornell Belcher, a Democratic pollster who studies African American voters. Still, black men are one of the few groups for which Trump’s 2017 average approval rating significantly exceeds his 2016 vote share.
@Doug64, yes, Doug, you've got several things wrong there. That's a survey over the whole of 2017, not the end of year figure. It tells you nothing about how it's changed. There are no "November 2016" figures there. There can't be, because he wasn't president then, so you can't poll about the approval of his job performance. I suspect you've taken an exit poll for his votes in the election and thought that is the same as an "approval" figure. I'm pretty sure you're a native English speaker, so I'll just put that down to a desperate attempt to find something good for Trump.

But, you know, nice try.
By Doug64
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:@Doug64, yes, Doug, you've got several things wrong there. That's a survey over the whole of 2017, not the end of year figure. It tells you nothing about how it's changed. There are no "November 2016" figures there. There can't be, because he wasn't president then, so you can't poll about the approval of his job performance. I suspect you've taken an exit poll for his votes in the election and thought that is the same as an "approval" figure. I'm pretty sure you're a native English speaker, so I'll just put that down to a desperate attempt to find something good for Trump.

But, you know, nice try.

I wouldn’t consider an article headlined “The Voters Abandoning Donald Trump” to be a “desperate attempt to find something good for Trump.” And personally, I consider voting to be the purest form of approval polling, so I have no problem comparing vote tallies to approval polls. But you are right that this is a year-long survey rather than and “end-of-year” snapshot, which means that Black support for Trump is likely to be higher than the survey results reported in The Atlantic due to the improving economic outlook — especially the bonuses, wage increases, and new hiring that has followed the tax cuts, and the historic low level of Black unemployment. So taking a look at the latest week for Rasmussen’s poll of Likely Voters, Blacks come in at 26% Approve to 72% Disapprove. As I said, a good reason for Democrats to be getting nervous.
By Beren
I'm sure any Reichsdoktor appointed by the Weimar Republik would have confirmed that the Führer und Kanzler was totally sane and a genius, which means a lot. How else could he have conquered Europe and achieved so much against all odds anyway?
By blackjack21
Igor Antunov wrote:The same doctor appointed by Obama. Trump scored 30/30 in the cognitive test, normal is 27.4/30. Trump is above normal.

This is an absolute riot. The anti-Trump folks have been totally blown out of the water on their 25th Amendment attempt. Trump is not politically correct, knows it, and trolls his opposition and even establishment Republicans constantly. It's the funniest thing I've seen in politics since the Reagan administration.

MLK’s niece: Rep. Lewis wrong to call Trump a racist
By colliric
Igor Antunov wrote:How anyone could think that some billionaire strongman who became president by mopping the floor with all of his opponents while at the same time warring with the media is feeble minded/unhinged is beyond me. Trump's shitposting is calculated, his salt mining profitable, his antics practiced. He's savage.

Lol, not even the doctor is spared from the combativeness of the Press Room at the moment. They keep trying to put words in his mouth!

In reality the 25th Amendment is meant to be used when the US Head Of State faces the same issues that to head of states in other monarchial countries like ours would require the appointment of a Regency. Which is of cause so rare to the point of being practically never needed.

I.e. He was in a car accident and suffered brain damage, or was otherwise perminantly incapacitated/paralyzed, or needs to be institutionalized, or is getting too senile to govern(although this last one would be especially very rare).
Last edited by colliric on 17 Jan 2018 16:12, edited 1 time in total.

Helping Ukraine to defeat the Russian invasion an[…]

https://twitter.com/huwaidaarraf/status/1773389663[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]