Is D.Trump Insane? - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Zagadka
Hong Wu wrote:FYI the White House doctor was appointed by Obama? The plot thickens... obviously someone PoFO doesn't like couldn't be sane so something else is going on...

which is partly why I never thought this was a valid thread to pursue. Never ascribe to anything which can be explained by idiocy.

But to be fair, you are kinda projecting that anyone from one party can not be objective about the other, which is bad, especially for physicians.
By colliric
Zagadka wrote:I really don't expect Trump to end up in an extremely strong position in 2020.

That's what your side all said about George Bush Jr in 2002 talking about the 2004 election.

It's amusing seeing the democratic party repeat all the same "under estimating the opposition" mistakes of '02 and '86.....

Remember when Bush "stole the 2000 election from Gore, so how could he ever win on his own against John Kerry a man obviously more qualified for the Job".....

Lol!

Here we go again!
By Crantag
colliric wrote:That's what your side all said about George Bush Jr in 2002 talking about the 2004 election.

It's amusing seeing the democratic party repeat all the same "under estimating the opposition" mistakes of '02 and '86.....

Remember when Bush "stole the 2000 election from Gore, so how could he ever win on his own against John Kerry a man obviously more qualified for the Job".....

Lol!

Here we go again!

Trump has already succeeded in erasing people's bad memories of Bush to the point where they believe he was tolerable by comparison.

Which leads me to conclude that Trump and Bush are not adequately comparable with respect to their relative re-electablity right now. This is indeed significant given how unpopular Bush was, as you aptly point out. Trump, though, takes the cake.
Crantag wrote:Trump has already succeeded in erasing people's bad memories of Bush to the point where they believe he was tolerable by comparison.

Past leaders almost always gain popularity relative to the current leadership.

This isnt evidence of anything.
By Crantag
BeheadTheFrog wrote:Past leaders almost always gain popularity relative to the current leadership.

This isnt evidence of anything.

I disagree, on the basis of projections by some who's opinions that I respect on the eve of Trump's presidency, that Trump was going to be like Bush on steroids, coupled with the subsequent course of events.
By Ter
Zagadka wrote:Never Oprah. That will never get off the ground

You are already fat-shaming her ?

The Democrats should stop experimenting with black and/or female candidates.
Find a new Bill Clinton and that will be that.
Ter wrote:The Democrats should stop experimenting with black and/or female candidates.

President Barack Obama was President for 8 years, elected twice, won twice against two white men.

Thats one hell of an ‘experiment’. What a silly thing to say.
By colliric
BeheadTheFrog wrote:President Barack Obama was President for 8 years, elected twice, won twice against two white men.

Thats one hell of an ‘experiment’. What a silly thing to say.

I actually agree with this comment. Both Obama and Clinton arguebally won because the time was right for the usual Republican-Democrat change over. Clinton came in 12 years after the last Democratic President and Obama after 8 years(and he was no clean cut idiot like Dukakis was). Both times the voters had soured and been burnt out on roughly decade long Republican rule(just as they will eventually sour on the Party again in 2024 or 2028.... I'm still thinking the latter one).

They were both fairly fresh faced in comparison to their democratic primary opponents and in comparison to whom they were facing off against in the General election.
By Zagadka
Ter wrote:You are already fat-shaming her ?

Well, granted, she is no midget amputee.

The Democrats should stop experimenting with black and/or female candidates.

The Negroid experiment worked pretty well, and the problem wasn't Hillary being a female, it was Hillary being Hillary. She was just a horrible everything who played right into a populist outsider campaign.

Ever notice that every election in modern history had like 12 Republicans campaigning and 1 Democrat?
By Ter
OK, point taken.
I said I think next time the Democrats better come up with a totally uncontroversial candidate.
Under Obama, race relations did not improve, quite the contrary imho.
By colliric
Ter wrote:OK, point taken.
I said I think next time the Democrats better come up with a totally uncontroversial candidate.
Under Obama, race relations did not improve, quite the contrary imho.

That's what you already did in '88 and '04.... Didn't work. No need for a third try.
By Hong Wu
Crantag wrote:[Zag Edit: Rule 2]

The so-called 'cognitive test' proved nothing whatsoever, about anything at all. The singular thing which it did do is not indicate that Trump has dementia.

I thought he was being accused of things like dementia and Alzheimer's though?
By Beren
Zagadka wrote:I really don't expect Trump to end up in an extremely strong position in 2020.

I wonder if he's going to be unchallenged in the primaries.

Zagadka wrote:I don't have faith in the Dems to pull their shit together, unless they pull another Obama from the nowhere in their ranks he was taken from.

How about a first family like that?
Last edited by Beren on 20 Jan 2018 14:13, edited 2 times in total.
By Beren
MistyTiger wrote:I hope someone good challenges Trump. It would be tragic if no one dared to oppose him.

I wonder whether anyone "good" would have a chance against him, Ted Cruz will challenge him again perhaps. I'm sure he's eager for a rematch.
By colliric
Beren wrote:I wonder whether anyone "good" would have a chance against him, Ted Cruz will challenge him again perhaps. I'm sure he's eager for a rematch.

Nope....

Cruz is pretty much a supporter of Trump now. He won't run against him.

Guys should this more seriously, no one is going run against Trump. He wiped the floor last time.
By Beren
Cruz would be the same as Trump though, arsehole at its highest but more religious (and fake), he just wouldn't look insane and wouldn't tweet as much as well.
By jimjam
“This is the One Year Anniversary of my Presidency and the Democrats wanted to give me a nice present,”

Donald's take on the shutdown. Same ole-same ole Donald as Center Of The Universe vapidity.

My wife and are quite disappointed. We had planned to attend Donald's bash tonight at Mar-A-Lago @$100,000 per couple. I understand the price of entry was purposely kept low so that every day American citizens from all walks of life could afford to attend. Donald obviously wanted to avoid any appearance of a ruling class celebration of greed . :lol:
By Crantag
Hong Wu wrote:I thought he was being accused of things like dementia and Alzheimer's though?

I haven't heard much of that. But, the test did not disprove dementia. All that his 30/30 means is that there were no flags of possible dementia through the test trial.

I'm personally not convinced Trump hadn't practiced first, because it was reported that he personally requested the test.

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]