Obama's Terrible Presidential Portrait - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.

So Obama had his presidential portrait done by a racist black artist who apparently didn't study the themes of the other portraits at all.

And it's terrible.

But wait, there's more. 4Chan has noted that instead of using actual bushes as a reference, the artist copied a tile set, so the images of the leaves repeat throughout the picture.

An interesting finishing touch to a controversial presidency...

Also:
It's boringly conventional except for the background.

In that way, it's like Obama.

QFT.

Greatest presidential portrait EVAH....

'MURICA! 'MURICA! 'MURICA!
Zagadka wrote:If it is abstract, what does it mean or represent?

JFK's portrait is the only abstract presidential portrait, in my opinion it's the only one with some artistic value as well. Obama's portrait is like a mediocre wall painting in the street.
It's weird.

The background looks like one of those shitty tiled textures they used in earlier video games because rendering the geometry would have been too taxing. And what's with the squares?

Beren wrote:JFK's portrait is the only abstract presidential portrait, in my opinion it's the only one with some artistic value as well.

I guess because it was made posthumously.
Hong Wu wrote:So Obama had his presidential portrait done by a racist black artist who apparently didn't study the themes of the other portraits at all.

And it's terrible.

At some level, I think Obama knows it's aesthetically challenged. He went on to praise the picture of Michelle, which I think says it all. What is a black man sitting on a chair in the bushes supposed to convey? It is certainly a significant departure from other presidential portraits.

Hong Wu wrote:But wait, there's more. 4Chan has noted that instead of using actual bushes as a reference, the artist copied a tile set, so the images of the leaves repeat throughout the picture.

Yeah. Except for Obama himself, the background is basically coloring book material. Even the depth perspective with the chair isn't working either.

Hong Wu wrote:An interesting finishing touch to a controversial presidency...

I wonder if he had a hand in it. If so, I guess that's how he wanted to be remembered. If not, I kind of feel bad for him. Some asshole did that kind of thing to Winston Churchill too.

Rugoz wrote:It's weird.

The background looks like one of those shitty tiled textures they used in earlier video games because rendering the geometry would have been too taxing.

Yeah, but it kind of sucks that he was cheated of the same level of dignity as the other portraits as banal as they may be. When you're caught tiling on a presidential portrait... I mean, that's just the height of laziness. I really came to dislike Obama after Benghazi although I never agreed with him policy-wise on almost anything. Yet, I feel kind of sorry for him.

I've always been a fan of Antoine-Jean Gros' portrait of Napolean at the Battle of the Arcole Bridge.

Apparently, he has six fingers on his left hand. That's pretty weird. Also, his hands are oversized, essentially bigger than his head. It's odd that they chose an artist whose known for depicting black women holding the decapitated heads of white women. I wonder if that is indicative of his feelings towards Hillary Clinton.

Rush Limbaugh says that this artist is also known for putting tiny sperm depictions into his paintings and some are saying that Obama's portrait has them too. What a weird guy.
Rush Limbaugh says that this artist is also known for putting tiny sperm depictions into his paintings and some are saying that Obama's portrait has them too. What a weird guy.

Actually, the Norwegian artist Edvard Munch (painter of The Scream) used to do that too. There is therefore a respectable precedent.
Potemkin wrote:Actually, the Norwegian artist Edvard Munch (painter of The Scream) used to do that too. There is therefore a respectable precedent.

Munch was crazy. He drank to the point of delirium and got in lots of fights. He was also quite the pervert, even by today's low standards. His funeral was orchestrated by Nazis. I guess you could call that respectable. :roll:
blackjack21 wrote:Munch was crazy. He drank to the point of delirium and got in lots of fights. He was also quite the pervert, even by today's low standards. His funeral was orchestrated by Nazis. I guess you could call that respectable. :roll:

Munch became a teetotaler in later life, his sex life does not seem to have been unduly deviant, and the Nazis banned his work back in the 1930s. They only 'orchestrated' his funeral because he was given a state funeral as Norway's greatest artist during the Nazi occupation of Norway in WWII. It was a rather ironic turn of events, actually. Munch himself became increasingly left-wing as he got older, and one of his greatest paintings in old age was a mural in a worker's canteen in an Oslo chocolate factory. Lol.

It's interesting how full of shit you are, @skins[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]

Again with the blatant lies. :lol: I asked you t[…]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]