Obama's Terrible Presidential Portrait - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Potemkin wrote:Munch became a teetotaler in later life, his sex life does not seem to have been unduly deviant, and the Nazis banned his work back in the 1930s. They only 'orchestrated' his funeral because he was given a state funeral as Norway's greatest artist during the Nazi occupation of Norway in WWII. It was a rather ironic turn of events, actually. Munch himself became increasingly left-wing as he got older, and one of his greatest paintings in old age was a mural in a worker's canteen in an Oslo chocolate factory. Lol.

It's almost as if blackjack knows fuck all about anything.
Kirillov wrote:It's almost as if blackjack knows fuck all about anything.

Modern artists are often crazy. There's nothing novel about that. Munch's sister was crazy too.

Anyway, the Obama portrait sucks. I'm inclined to think Obama chose this guy, but I can't for the life of me figure out why. One would think he'd find someone with some talent to immortalize him. People are going to look at these portraits and ask themselves, "Who is that black man in the bushes?"
It is a terrible portrait. Totally inappropriate.

What in the hell was he thinking.

Just curious Hung Wu. Why do you think the Obama administration was controversial? I think it was bland as it could be. Conservative for the most part.
Obviously the bush is meant to indicate some sort of reference to a cotton plantation or negro slavery, by way of reference to a country lifestyle.. And he's the black man merging out of it, etc.

That's what I first thought of when I saw it!

This was fine at the start of his presidency, but at this point what the fuck are they thinking?

My guess is this is what happens when you try way too hard.....

It's an admission of the fact that his administration will be known more for it's Plantation-To-Whitehouse fairytale first day than all the other disappointing days put together.....
Hong Wu wrote:@colliric I thought they were going for an environmentalist thing, maybe. I'm not familiar with cotton plants etc. but there's no whiteness or buds on them so them possibly being cotton plants didn't occur to me.

Wild Cotton during flowering season(different to harvest season):

Mr Barack Obama is reminding us of his links to Slavery.... At the stupidest possible time in the most insulting manner possible....

Because it's the only positive thing he will be remembered for so may as well put it in his picture.....
colliric wrote:Wild Cotton during flowering season(different to harvest season):
http://zvetki.ru/image/743_2888.jpg

Mr Barack Obama is reminding us of his links to Slavery....

Because it's the only positive thing he will be remembered for....

Interesting, maybe it is cotton then. You'd think they could stop beating us over the head with it, that'd have been great.
Hong Wu wrote:Interesting, maybe it is cotton then. You'd think they could stop beating us over the head with it, that'd have been great.

The Cotton plant(which when left in this fully grown state is actually technically a Tree) is one of the only plants I know of to have leaves which look like that and multiple different types and colours of flowers. The red little bulbish things appear to be the as yet unbroken cotton buds.

As the plant is being depicted in flowering season in it's uncultivated Wild condition, its meant as a "hidden message" given most people don't even realise what Cotton looks like before the buds break open and the "white stuff" appears.

It's hilarious how Obama has picked such stupid timing to remind us he came from Negro slaves....

The timing and situation is so terribly unsuitable that it's goddamn hilarious! I can't believe he did that!

Typical of his Presidency.....
Last edited by colliric on 15 Feb 2018 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
Hong Wu wrote:Interesting, maybe it is cotton then. You'd think they could stop beating us over the head with it, that'd have been great.

The slaves on the 19th century plantations were probably thinking the same thing. Lol.
Ter wrote:His father was a Kenyan Muslim and his mother a white American woman.
No slaves in his family.

Lol yeah I forgot that....

That makes his use of the tree in his presidential portrait even more hilarious!

I can't stop laughing. The man has traded on this Negro Slaves in the Whitehouse imagery his entire Presidency......

I also can't believe I was the first person to recognise the plant!

He did it again in his official portrait.....
colliric wrote:Lol yeah I forgot that....

That makes his use of the tree in his presidential portrait even more hilarious!

I can't stop laughing. The man has traded on this Negro Slaves in the Whitehouse imagery his entire Presidency......

I also can't believe I was the first person to recognise the plant!

He did it again in his official portrait.....

The Afro Americans are indoctrinated to be angry, otherwise they are "Uncle Tom". His case his unique because there is a search for identity. He's torn. The mixed raced are sometimes looking black sometimes looking white. He was born black skined. So his identity is supposed to be chosen for him. But he may possess envy and low self esteem.

Here he talks about white privilege. It's a life long obseession for him. It's so for many "Coloured" people but for mixed raced it's particularly painful.

Maybe it is there to represent the fact he was identical to Bush II politically?

There is. Bush II went for universal drug coverage and Obama doubled down on it. Same notions of fighting in the middle east, Gitmo, The Patriot Act.....the stimulus.....

Peas in a pod.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]