“What If You Could Get Your Own Immigrant?” - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Neoliberals now want to extend the benefits of indentured servitude to all Americans. In a recent article for Politico, University of Chicago law professor Eric Posner proposes implementing a "visas between individuals" program that would allow working class assholes to sponsor immigrants who would work for them in exchange for a visa.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ics-216968

:lol:
"Here’s how the program would work: Imagine a woman named Mary Turner, who lives in Wheeling, West Virginia. She was recently laid off from a chicken-processing plant and makes ends meet by walking and taking care of her neighbors’ pets. Mary could expand her little business by hiring some workers, but no one in the area would accept a wage she can afford. Mary goes online—to a new kind of international gig economy website, a Fiverr for immigrants—and applies to sponsor a migrant. She enters information about what she needs: someone with rudimentary English skills, no criminal record and an affection for animals. She offers a room in her basement, meals and $5 an hour. (Sponsors under this program would be exempt from paying minimum wage.) The website offers Mary some matches—people living in foreign countries who would like to spend some time in the United States and earn some money. After some back and forth, Mary interviews a woman named Sofia who lives in Paraguay.
Sofia, who grew up in a village, has endured hardships that few Americans can imagine. She is eager to earn some money so that she could move to her nation’s capital city and get some vocational training. A few weeks later, Sofia arrives in Wheeling, after taking a one-week training course on American ways. If things don’t work out, the agency that runs the website will find a new match for Sofia, and Mary will find someone new as well."

Fucken liberals :D
They're not blindly being led into it, they're enthusiastically promoting it. They love all the cheap labor, they've just deluded themselves into thinking it's not really exploitation. They tell themselves that five bucks an hour in a developed country is a lot better than zero bucks an hour in some shithole so really they're doing these people a huge favor. That's a douchey way of looking at it but liberals have gone so far up their own asses now that they're smugly self-righteous even when they're systematically exploiting the shit out of desperate people.
jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:I've always said it, the liberals are blindly being led into helping create a new slave class.

I've argued the opposite: the liberals are creating a new slave class, and if you disagree with them you will be called a racist.

Sivad wrote:They're not blindly being led into it, they're enthusiastically promoting it.

Yeah. I agree. Calling everyone who doesn't go along with it a "racist" is a dead giveaway that it is a scam.

Sivad wrote: They love all the cheap labor, they've just deluded themselves into thinking it's not really exploitation. They tell themselves that five bucks an hour in a developed country is a lot better than zero bucks an hour in some shithole so really they're doing these people a huge favor.

They know full well that it is exploitation. They have simply bought all the poor voters in the US with welfare so that they don't have to work. Now, they want a labor force to do the work that isn't eligible for welfare.

Thomasmariel wrote:I think that both the terms immigrant and working class should be banned; and if not banned, then everyone on the planet should just be called those two names

That way, we won't be able to detect exploitation when it occurs. Way to go!
blackjack21 wrote:I've argued the opposite: the liberals are creating a new slave class, and if you disagree with them you will be called a racist.

Yeah. I agree. Calling everyone who doesn't go along with it a "racist" is a dead giveaway that it is a scam.

They know full well that it is exploitation. They have simply bought all the poor voters in the US with welfare so that they don't have to work. Now, they want a labor force to do the work that isn't eligible for welfare.

That way, we won't be able to detect exploitation when it occurs. Way to go!

If the words immigrant and working class aren't used, exploitation won't be possible; exploitation depends on the words existing
Sivad wrote:Neoliberals now want to extend the benefits of indentured servitude to all Americans. In a recent article for Politico, University of Chicago law professor Eric Posner proposes implementing a "visas between individuals" program that would allow working class assholes to sponsor immigrants who would work for them in exchange for a visa.

I would totally do this, actually.

Thomasmariel wrote:If the words immigrant and working class aren't used, exploitation won't be possible; exploitation depends on the words existing

This sounds like the childlike fantasies of a Maoist that still doesn't understand why communism doesn't work. The words "immigrant" and "working class" didn't exist before the nation state and the Industrial revolution respectively. Are you saying that there was no exploitation until nation states arose? Are you really that naive? Serfs were exploited, but they were not considered "working class" or "immigrant." Exploitation is a physical process with physical results. What words you use to describe the process is entirely secondary.
blackjack21 wrote:This sounds like the childlike fantasies of a Maoist that still doesn't understand why communism doesn't work. The words "immigrant" and "working class" didn't exist before the nation state and the Industrial revolution respectively. Are you saying that there was no exploitation until nation states arose? Are you really that naive? Serfs were exploited, but they were not considered "working class" or "immigrant." Exploitation is a physical process with physical results. What words you use to describe the process is entirely secondary.

If the word immigrant is correct - as seems to be your point - then should Donald Trump be called immigrant by all other people (and by other people I mean the planet's 7 billion population)?
Thomasmariel wrote:If the word immigrant is correct - as seems to be your point - then should Donald Trump be called immigrant by all other people (and by other people I mean the planet's 7 billion population)?

No. My point is that banning a word means that you criminalize people who use the word. Essentially nothing else changes. If you really believed that sort of thing, you would just ban the word "injustice" and suddenly all injustice would simply disappear.

I propose we raise the voting and the age of majority to 25 years.
blackjack21 wrote:No. My point is that banning a word means that you criminalize people who use the word. Essentially nothing else changes. If you really believed that sort of thing, you would just ban the word "injustice" and suddenly all injustice would simply disappear.

I propose we raise the voting and the age of majority to 25 years.

Words can't be banned, but they can be ignored. Ignoring words like squatter, immigrant, traitor, deserter and working and middle class is the means to ending exploitation
@blackjack21 &@Sivad
I must disagree with you both. Liberals are indeed being blindly led by being conditioned not to question, to remain ignorant and willing for fear of being branded racist and hateful.

And this conditioning is being implemented by a collective who are anything but liberal.
@jessupjonesjnr87, Managerial class liberals hold sway over the dem party and they're all neoliberal to the core. They love cheap shit so they're all in favor of mass immigration, outsourcing, and corporate trade deals. They don't give a shit about the working class, they don't give a shit about third world exploitation, and they definitely don't give a shit about immigrants. They're the ones most benefiting from all these deplorable policies and I don't buy the liberal conscience bullshit for one second. These people are total phonies and as a group they're high in the running for biggest bunch of assholes in the country, and that puts them high in the running for biggest bunch of assholes in history.

Helping Ukraine to defeat the Russian invasion an[…]

https://twitter.com/huwaidaarraf/status/1773389663[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]