Gunman in shooting spree at California school. Multiple injuries. ...What is wrong in the USA? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Drlee wrote:Nor do I. Start a thread.
Or leave your racism elsewhere.

source

Girl, 12, opens fire inside Los Angeles middle school, police say; 4 wounded

A young female student allegedly opened fire inside a classroom at a Los Angeles middle school Thursday, leaving four students wounded — including one in critical condition, police said.

The shooting suspect — who police confirmed is 12 years old — allegedly opened fire just before 9 a.m. inside Salvador B. Castro Middle School and was taken into custody. The student was not immediately

identified.

A female student, 15, was shot in the wrist and taken to the hospital in fair condition. And another student, a 15-year-old boy, was "extremely lucky," according to trauma surgeon Dr. Aaron Strumwasser, as

"the trajectory of the bullet did not hit any vital structures that were an immediate threat to life."

Officials expect both teens to make a full recovery.

A 30-year-old woman injured was not hospitalized and the nature of her injury was not immediately known.

Police initially said three others who were wounded were not injured by the shooting. But two other children — a boy, 11, and a girl, 12 — were grazed by bullets, and were treated and released.

Gunfire erupted during a first period elective class that included mixed grades in the middle school, which is on the same California campus as Belmont High School, officials said at a press conference

Thursday afternoon.

"We do not know yet how a young person ended up having the ability to have access to a firearm and bring it on campus," said Steve Zipperman, chief of the Los Angeles Unified School District police force.

A weapon was recovered at the scene.

Police said the situation was under control and there were no outstanding suspects in the incident. School officials said "a normal school day will continue" despite the lockdown.

"We will attend to the needs of these students who witnessed this very carefully, with the understanding this is very traumatic," Zipperman said.

More than 360 students are enrolled in the Salvador B. Castro Middle School. Los Angeles police said random weapon checks are conducted on the campus, located in the Westlake neighborhood of Los Angeles.

Television news footage showed a girl with dark hair and wearing a sweatshirt being led out of the school in handcuffs shortly after the shooting occurred.

Gloria Echeverria was waiting outside a police tape line that prevented people from approaching the school, waiting for news about her 13-year-old son.

"I'm just hoping it has nothing to do with him," she said. "I'm just scared for all the kids — school is supposed to be a safe place for them, and apparently it's not."
Salvador B. Castro Middle School has a 48.8% graduation rate. A middle school! That's why we need more illegal aliens. :lol: A 51%+ graduation failure rate for 6-8th graders. :knife: But not to worry! The dropout rate is only 6.8%! Yeah, it's great to have all these illegal immigrants. Totally awesome! There's no problem with that at all maz. Drlee is right. We're just a bunch of racists. :D Everyone should just move to another country where they and their kids don't speak the language and then just dump the kids off at the local school and see what happens. What could go wrong?
My neighbor is a US citizen who has lived in Argentina for a few years. He plans to go back to Argentina where he says he never hears of a shooting where he lived in Cordoba. Only a B&E every so often which involves no guns. America, it appears, is in a class by itself violence wise. It appears to be woven into our culture. Why?
blackjack21 wrote:Salvador B. Castro Middle School has a 48.8% graduation rate. A middle school! That's why we need more illegal aliens. :lol: A 51%+ graduation failure rate for 6-8th graders. :knife: But not to worry! The dropout rate is only 6.8%! Yeah, it's great to have all these illegal immigrants. Totally awesome! There's no problem with that at all maz. Drlee is right. We're just a bunch of racists. :D Everyone should just move to another country where they and their kids don't speak the language and then just dump the kids off at the local school and see what happens. What could go wrong?

You appear to be reading the graduation rate for the entire Los Angeles Unified School District - because 667,870 students is a bit much for one school. And, of course, because 'graduation' makes sense for a whole school career, but not a middle school. But yeah, it's not in the least bit racist to misread information on a web page and then complain about how stupid the kids are, and call them "illegal aliens", when you haven't the fuck of an idea of their immigration status. No, it's not like you assume a stereotype about Hispanic students while failing at comprehension yourself ...
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:You appear to be reading the graduation rate for the entire Los Angeles Unified School District - because 667,870 students is a bit much for one school.

Great comeback there Prosthetic Conscience. The graduation rate for THE ENTIRE district is 48.8%! Am I supposed to feel "schooled"? You people are utterly amazing. Is political correctness going to take care of a 48.8% graduation rate for you? By the way, 8th graders do often get to attend graduation ceremonies before they go to high school.

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:But yeah, it's not in the least bit racist to misread information on a web page and then complain about how stupid the kids are, and call them "illegal aliens", when you haven't the fuck of an idea of their immigration status.

I didn't complain that the kids were stupid. I'm pointing out the obvious fact that the US is not equipped to educate people born and raised in Central America who cannot speak English. I'm pointing out that the failure of the education system is intentional, because it forces people into unskilled low wage jobs.

Let's see:

There are how many students at the school? 428.
There are how many black kids at the school? 11.
There are how many Asian kids at the school? 14
There are how many white people at the school? 0.
So what's left? Hispanic kids. How many are there? 397.

I can see now why the media omitted the names of the shooters and victims.

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:No, it's not like you assume a stereotype about Hispanic students while failing at comprehension yourself ...

Do you want to argue that the Salvador B. Castro Middle School has a better success rate than the district as a whole? 87.4% of the students qualify for free or reduced lunches. It receives Title 1 funding, because most of the kids are poor and at risk of failure.

Sal Castro Middle School
Very progressive indeed!

I worked not too far from there in the financial district about 50 floors up from the man on the street, but I wouldn't have known anything about what happens in LA. It must have been the high altitude.
blackjack21 wrote:The graduation rate for THE ENTIRE district is 48.8%! Am I supposed to feel "schooled"?

Well, yes; you fucked up.
You people are utterly amazing. Is political correctness going to take care of a 48.8% graduation rate for you?

No, that should be responsibility of LA taxpayers - including you, it seems. You don't seem to care.

By the way, 8th graders do often get to attend graduation ceremonies before they go to high school.

And how many middle schoolers get told they have not graduated, so that a graduation rate can happen? Face it, you jerked your knee, and didn't try to understand.

I didn't complain that the kids were stupid. I'm pointing out the obvious fact that the US is not equipped to educate people born and raised in Central America who cannot speak English.

You have no idea if the kids were raised in Central America. You complained about illegal aliens, and you've fuck all idea what the situation is. You're simply prejudiced.

I'm pointing out that the failure of the education system is intentional, because it forces people into unskilled low wage jobs.

This is a completely new claim of yours.

Let's see:

There are how many students at the school? 428.
There are how many black kids at the school? 11.
There are how many Asian kids at the school? 14
There are how many white people at the school? 0.
So what's left? Hispanic kids. How many are there? 397.

I can see now why the media omitted the names of the shooters and victims.

Because they're kids. Anyone who has graduated high school themselves ought to know that. But there was just one shot, according to witnesses, and the police say it was an accident, so, no, not "shooters".

Do you want to argue that the Salvador B. Castro Middle School has a better success rate than the district as a whole?

No, what I was arguing is that you are a prejudiced bigot who makes unfounded accusations about children's immigration status based on their ethnicity. And who talks bullshit about school statistics.
Suntzu wrote:Another account had the girl dropping the gun and it accidentally discharging.

Opening fire sounds much better!

Yes, a 12 year old girl accidentally dropping a loaded gun and four students injured. I don't even know how someone could even accept this ludicrous explanation with a straight face.

The interesting thing was that, outside of local media, I didn't see any media interviewing family members of the students who were injured, no interviews with the school, no follow up reporting as to where the child got the gun or who were her parents.

Compare this to the hysterical reporting from the media about the Florida shooting before anyone was even confirmed to have been killed.

Also note that this incident happened in in a state where gun control laws are routinely enacted - 6 New Gun Control Laws Enacted In California, As Gov. Brown Signs Bills

It seems like the reason this story did not gain any traction in the media and why no one really gives a shit his because the the shooter, the victims and the community are mostly, if not all Hispanic and otherwise not white.

It is also worth noting the recent comments of Dana Loesch's comments about white mothers.

6 New Gun Control Laws Enacted In California, As Gov. Brown Signs Bills

“I’m going to say something that some people are going to say is controversial,” she said, the Daily Caller reported. “So I’ll say it really slowly, so all the people on the platform in the back can hear me loud and clear. Many in the legacy media love mass shootings. You guys love it. Now, I’m not saying you love the tragedy, but I am saying that you love the ratings. Crying white mothers are ratings gold to you and many in the legacy media in the back.”

“Notice I said ‘crying white mothers,’ because there are thousands of grieving black mothers in Chicago every weekend — and you don’t see town halls for them, do you?” she continued. “Where’s the CNN town hall for Chicago?”

Her statement notes both the hypocrisy of the gun control advocates and indirectly highlights the fact that the gun control propaganda is mainly aimed at white families.

In my opinion it was the latter which made the gun control lobby and it's advocates loose their shit and declare the NRA a non-entity that corporations must sever ties with.

Meanwhile they seem to have a much different take on gun ownership for minorities

Why Black People Own Guns

In other words, gun control appears to be an anti-white agenda. What else could it be?
Last edited by maz on 24 Feb 2018 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
maz wrote:Yes, a 12 year old girl accidentally dropping a loaded gun and four students injured. I don't even know how someone could even accept this ludicrous explanation with a straight face.

The interesting thing was that I didn't see any media interviewing family members of the students who were injured, no interviews with the school, no follow up reporting as to where the child got the gun or who were her parents.

Also note that this incident happened in in a state where gun control laws are routinely enacted - 6 New Gun Control Laws Enacted In California, As Gov. Brown Signs Bills

It seems like the reason this story did not gain any traction in the media and why no one really gives a shit his because the the shooter, the victims and the community are mostly, if not all Hispanic and otherwise not white.

It is also worth noting the recent comments of Dana Loesch's comments about white mothers.

6 New Gun Control Laws Enacted In California, As Gov. Brown Signs Bills

Her statement notes both the hypocrisy of the gun control advocates and indirectly highlights the fact that the gun control propaganda is mainly aimed at white families.

In my opinion it was the latter which made the gun control lobby and it's advocates loose their shit and declare the NRA a non-entity that corporations must sever ties with.

Meanwhile they seem to have a much different take on gun ownership for minorities

In other words, gun control appears to be an anti-white agenda. What else could it be?

You don't seem to know much about guns. Ever seen what happens when a round strikes something hard like a concrete floor? By all accounts only one round was fired.
Suntzu wrote:You don't seem to know much about guns. Ever seen what happens when a round strikes something hard like a concrete floor? By all accounts only one round was fired.

I didn't know that only one round was fired. I don't don't know anything about ballistics but it still seems odd that four students could be hit with one bullet.

I'd like to know more about how one bullet could injure four people and seriously injure one.

But my point was about the narrative, and how the media goes out of it's way to excuse the incident when it doesn't fit their narrative.
Sadly the Black churches in America failed to arm their congregations. I'm no fan of Christianity. Atheists in the US are more law abiding than Christians and way more law abiding than American Muslims. However regular church goers in American Black majority communities were the best organisational focus for the law abiding majority. The Catholic church has shown the same failure in many Latin American communities.
maz wrote:I didn't know that only one round was fired. I don't don't know anything about ballistics but it still seems odd that four students could be hit with one bullet.

I'd like to know more about how one bullet could injure four people and seriously injure one.

But my point was about the narrative, and how the media goes out of it's way to excuse the incident when it doesn't fit their narrative.

Concrete spall and lead splatter probably hit three of the students and the jacket of the bullet hit the fourth.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Well, yes; you fucked up.

By making the situation sound better than it really was? The school is testing in the 20th percentile in math and English, and even that's optimistic. They are testing at 11% in Math and 19% in English respectively.

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:No, that should be {sic} responsibility of LA taxpayers - including you, it seems. You don't seem to care.

I'm not an LA taxpayer. Before an acquisition, our company headquarters was in the AON building in the financial district. As far as caring is concerned, I am absolutely opposed to America's failed immigration policy and amnesty is most certainly not the answer. That is not compassion, progressive, thoughtful, caring or otherwise.

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:And how many middle schoolers get told they have not graduated, so that a graduation rate can happen? Face it, you jerked your knee, and didn't try to understand.

It is a failing school. It's worse than the district as a whole.

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:You have no idea if the kids were raised in Central America. You complained about illegal aliens, and you've fuck all idea what the situation is. You're simply prejudiced.

I've been through that neighborhood in LA. Have you? It's over 90% Hispanic students. There are 0% whites.

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:This is a completely new claim of yours.

The Democrats have been howling about the dreamers for precisely the reason that they want low wage unskilled labor.

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:No, what I was arguing is that you are a prejudiced bigot who makes unfounded accusations about children's immigration status based on their ethnicity. And who talks bullshit about school statistics.

If the City of Los Angeles let ICE (formerly INS) do their jobs, I'm pretty sure we could substantiate my point rather quickly.

maz wrote:Yes, a 12 year old girl accidentally dropping a loaded gun and four students injured. I don't even know how someone could even accept this ludicrous explanation with a straight face.

Prosthetic Conscience accepts it readily.

maz wrote:The interesting thing was that, outside of local media, I didn't see any media interviewing family members of the students who were injured, no interviews with the school, no follow up reporting as to where the child got the gun or who were her parents.

That's my point. The school is 100% minorities, and this does not support the political narrative. We know the media and political parties coordinate coverage.

maz wrote:Compare this to the hysterical reporting from the media about the Florida shooting before anyone was even confirmed to have been killed.

That's because it is majority white and affluent.

maz wrote:Also note that this incident happened in in a state where gun control laws are routinely enacted - 6 New Gun Control Laws Enacted In California, As Gov. Brown Signs Bills

Right. And it wasn't an assault weapon. And the little girl was 12 years old. She must have drank some toxic masculinity or something.

maz wrote:It seems like the reason this story did not gain any traction in the media and why no one really gives a shit his because the the shooter, the victims and the community are mostly, if not all Hispanic and otherwise not white.

Well, it's 100% certain that the students weren't white. The shooters and victims could possibly be black, but the school is 91% Hispanic.

maz wrote:Her statement notes both the hypocrisy of the gun control advocates and indirectly highlights the fact that the gun control propaganda is mainly aimed at white families.

Yes. It seems the left is angry that we don't see their propaganda as objective news anymore.

maz wrote:In my opinion it was the latter which made the gun control lobby and it's advocates loose their shit and declare the NRA a non-entity that corporations must sever ties with.

That's exactly it. Drlee likes to argue the IQ of the people carrying guns. I notice that he doesn't propose an IQ test as a legal basis for gun control. Instead, he argues that intelligent people don't own assault rifles. Yet, if we had an IQ test to prevent low IQ people from owning firearms, my guess is that the minorities would be up in arms about it.

maz wrote:I'd like to know more about how one bullet could injure four people and seriously injure one.

Maybe they were standing in line?

Rich wrote:Atheists in the US are more law abiding than Christians and way more law abiding than American Muslims.

Have you ever attended public demonstrations with them? It seems many of them hide their identities, and then seem to forget all about adhering to the law.

suntzu wrote:Concrete spall and lead splatter probably hit three of the students and the jacket of the bullet hit the fourth.

Possibly. They are probably noting it for insurance purposes, as I don't think they hand out purple hearts in schools just yet.
blackjack21 wrote:The Democrats have been howling about the dreamers for precisely the reason that they want low wage unskilled labor.

No the overwhelming drive has been concern for the immigrants because they identify with them. Sure the party bureaucracy may like the fact that it increases their voting base and its popular with business donors but that's not the driving reason. Its really quite simple, conservatives identify with in-groups liberals / leftists identify with out groups. The far left is driven by a dream, a fantasy of international brotherhood. The overwhelming problem for the far left is not Capitalists, imperialists or conservative and its certainly not Nazis. Its that the overwhelming majority of humanity don't share the far left's universalism.

Of course the brotherhood doesn't last long when the Commies get into power. they soon get down on killing each other. If you spend any time with far leftists you'll soon discover, that the universal brotherhood is completely abstract and the far left groups all hate each other. But abstract, utopian even pathological, the far lefts internationalism is both genuine and fundamental to their Weltanschauung. The left has been so successful on immigration because it is part of a powerful coalition.

1 The Far left. Although small in numbers these fanatic immigration intransigents provide a backbone to the entire movement.

2 The left. pro immigration but not in the absolutist manner of the far left. Extremists and moderates each play vital roles. they are both force multipliers.

3 Business, can never get enough workers, skilled and unskilled. They can never have enough customers.

4 Libertarians. They have sought multiculturalism, to break social solidarity, sow distrust and hatred in-order to undermine support for taxation, social programmes and trade unions. they can also support separatist movements like Brexit. Boris Johnson is perhaps the archetype of this sort of filth, continually pushing for Turkish membership of the EU, before and during his support for Brexit.

5 Jews. Small in numbers but with massively oversized intellectual, cultural and political influence, have for quite understandable reasons sought to avenge themselves on White gentile, ethnic nationalism.
Trump has claimed that if he had been present at the recent shooting tragedy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida that he would have "run in there" even if he did not have a weapon :eek: .

There was an incident early on in his campaign where a man had charged the stage where he was speaking. Of course the Secret Service were all over it before anything happened. But I noticed Trump's body language when he thought he was in danger. He grabbed one of the agents and put that agent's body in front of his. Has anyone else noted that I wonder?

Yeah, he would lead the charge all right. To the rear.
This entire assault weapon controversy is solely about whether we as a nation put gun industry corporate profits over the safety of our society, our children, or we put the safety of our society, and our children, over gun industry corporate profits. To date, gun industry corporate profits have prevailed.
What's wrong with the USA? Who would look at our democracy today as a model for emulation? It takes $1 billion to run for the White House, Congress has become a forum for legalized bribery, the president has uttered roughly 2,000 lies and misleading statements since taking office — and his own party doesn’t care — a gun cult holds Congress hostage, and computer-designed gerrymandering enables candidates to pick their voters, not have voters pick them.

We also now have our own major state-run network, Fox Fake News, that treats our president as “Dear Leader” — much the same way that China’s People’s Daily does Xi.

Is this a democratic model you’d stand in front of a tank to import?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Trump is an extraordinarily dangerous narcissist[…]

This obviously did not happen in Gaza. If it had,[…]

@Scamp Bombing Mexico is the STUPIDIEST idea I[…]

No one is more manly than me. We know there is […]