YouTube Censorship is getting out of control..... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... rs-channel

Umm wasn't his channel already demonitised...

How the fuck did those commercials get put back on? Sounds fishy. "Should have been demonitised, but somehow magically wasn't"..... Smells like a Rat.. put him back on so we can shut him down and say it was the advertisers complaints.... Even though we "demonitised" him and removed ads about a year ago now.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/n ... es-w517346

Rollingstone is right, this is bipartisanly disturbing weather you like Jones or not. Others on both the right and left are getting pushed into the same basket.
Wow, it's almost as if giving vast power to completely unaccountable corporations is a bad idea. Who could have guessed?

Conservatives never cease to amaze me.

"Get government out the way and let the market do its thing, you pansy-ass liberals!"

*Market does its thing and it upsets conservatives*

"Wah, the corporations are liberal cucks! Censorship!"

:lol:
I hope they do delete it. Infowars is a scumbag collection of lies aimed at unintelligent people. Anyone who watches it for any reason rather than to laugh at it is deluded.

Poor fools. The nasty left-wing Google is out to get them. Poor special snowflakes.

We have no constitutional right to tell a private corporation what it has on its private network.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Probably another bullcrap from Alex Jones

His videos may not get deleted, but his channel is currently locked...

Plus we suddenly get all this CNN shit:
http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/03/technol ... index.html

.... Um yeah so the changed their alogarithm last year remember. And for a long time Jones videos were demonitised meaning you wouldn't see any ads except his own for his products.

Somehow they got remonitised.
.... Um yeah so the changed their alogarithm last year remember. And for a long time Jones videos were demonitised meaning you wouldn't see any ads except his own for his products.

I dont see ads on youtube at all since I use ublock :D

anyway looks like this has nothing to do with censorship at all rather some fishy things that Alex was doing
Why are people crying about this? YouTube obviously don't want to be associated with propaganda. Infowars is complete bullshit. You get more accurate news stories from reading your horoscope.

If Jones is so damn worried about this then he should start livestreaming from his own website. Youtube have their own politcal agendas. So fucking what. Should we allow ISIS space on Western mainstream television stations for fairness or free speech? Jones and infowars is Christian/US far right propaganda so no different in that regards.
Drlee wrote:I hope they do delete it. Infowars is a scumbag collection of lies aimed at unintelligent people. Anyone who watches it for any reason rather than to laugh at it is deluded.

The exact same could be said for The New York Times or MSNBC. We definitely need the counterbalance or the world will go full tilt retard.

Drlee wrote: We have no constitutional right to tell a private corporation what it has on its private network.

That's an open question. Right now the status of social media isn't very well defined in case law. If social media networks are found to be public forums then they have to abide by the first amendment and generally cannot restrict content.
Jones and infowars is Christian/US far right propaganda so no different in that regards.

[Zag Edit: Rule 2]

Jones is an alt-right/extreme right wing bigot and conspiracy theorist who is getting very rich selling his dubious products. No more. There is nothing "Christian" about him and his nonsense conspiracy theories.

:roll:

fffffffffffffffffff
It had one strike against it a couple of weeks ago, when YouTube removed a video from the channel that accused a student from Marjory Stoneman Douglas, who had appeared in the media speaking about gun control, of being a ‘crisis actor’ in the wake of the shooting at the school — he isn’t. This counted as a first strike in YouTube’s termination procedure.

Then in recent days, YouTube confirmed to us that it had notified Jones about advertisers asking to be removed from Jones’ various channels — following an investigation by CNN into how the videos get monetised. It’s not clear if this is also counted as a strike against the channel (we’re asking).

https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/04/youtu ... delete-it/

YouTube will not delete the channel itself but it's removing ads from Jones’ various channels after receiving complaints from advertisers who do not wish to associate themselves with Jones. YouTube only removed one video so far. Jones has just uploaded a new video to explain what's going on with YouTube.

after receiving complaints from advertisers who do not wish to associate themselves with Jones.

They were with him over the course of thousands of videos, then when CNN complains...yeah right. :lol:

His channel has more monthly views than CNN.

If/When he starts a lawsuit against CNN, I'll donate $1000 to the crazy bastard. He deserves my hard earned money. CNN deserves to have its broadcasting rights revoked for colluding with oligarchs and political parties to topple a legitimately elected President.
Heisenberg wrote:*Market does its thing and it upsets conservatives*

"Wah, the corporations are liberal cucks! Censorship!"

The Obama administration put more money for state propaganda in his outgoing budget. This is more than likely an effort to control the narrative. I'm guessing Trump doesn't have a clue about all the PSAs as well as the more nefarious propaganda in the defense budget that has been pushing a leftist narrative for some time.

As I've already pointed out, YouTube is likely to begin bleeding market share. The question is who arises in the fallout? BitChute? Minds.com? Others?

Drlee wrote:I hope they do delete it. Infowars is a scumbag collection of lies aimed at unintelligent people. Anyone who watches it for any reason rather than to laugh at it is deluded.

Isn't being delusional a basic right in your opinion? A man with an x-chromosome and a y-chromosome who thinks he can become a woman is deluded. Yet, you seem to think that people should have to pay more on their health insurance and suffer the sheer freakery of the modern medical system in undertaking medical experimentation on live subjects that would make Joseph Mengele blush. Alex Jones, by contrast, is just a harmless blow hard who some people watch voluntarily for some reason. There is no compulsion involved to make those who think he's a blowhard pay money to him.

Drlee wrote:We have no constitutional right to tell a private corporation what it has on its private network.

That depends on whether or not these platforms eventually get regulated as utilities. However, I think competition will ultimately prevail.

B0ycey wrote:YouTube obviously don't want to be associated with propaganda.

It's just another backfire from leftists. They decided to start boycotting advertisers whose ads appeared on Mark Dice or Alex Jones, or whoever. What happened then is that the advertisers freaked out to YouTube, and the leftists were ready to pounce to get YouTube to try to suppress the likes of Alex Jones. Jones has 2.2M subscribers. His channel is more popular than MSNBC. So YouTube is basically shooting itself in the foot.

Basically, what YouTube needs to do is provide a black list to advertisers so that advertisers can refuse to have their ads appear on channels they don't agree with. If they don't make that their remedy, it won't be long until BitChute, Minds.com or others to eventually take away the content creator community that is the cornerstone of YouTube.

Sivad wrote:The exact same could be said for The New York Times or MSNBC. We definitely need the counterbalance or the world will go full tilt retard.

We can say the same thing about PoFo. They routinely lock down threads that are critical of the establishment. They don't want you talking about it.

Igor Antunov wrote:His channel has more monthly views than CNN.

YouTube generates $48B in revenue. They provide a platform for alternate views. If they want to suppress those views, they will lose a big chunk of that $48B. CNN is fake news, and everybody knows it now. More than half the country agrees that the so-called mainstream media outlets are basically propaganda outlets.

The problem now is that a dude in his home office can out report major news networks, out analyze the physical evidence, and reach a global audience of those interested to listen with a tiny budget in comparison.

This has raised the question of whether or not these outlets are missing the obvious, whether or not they coordinate, and whether or not they are controlled by the government, a major political party, or a cartel. It's now pretty obvious that there is a political force trying to stomp out the political right in the US, and they have a similar contempt for people on the left like Bernie Sanders. In my view, they are losing the war.

It is somewhat disconerting, because I would prefer an old hard-assed left wing Jew like Diane Feinstein to communists--even though I have contempt for both of them. Yet, on the political left, the Democrats are throwing out some of the old guard. It should be Nancy "President Bush, I mean Trump" Pelosi who is facing curtains. Yet, they are giving Diane Feinstein the pillow. The establishment has had it coming for awhile though.

Igor Antunov wrote:If/When he starts a lawsuit against CNN, I'll donate $1000 to the crazy bastard.

They said PragerU was unfit for children, and PragerU presents mostly college professors correcting left-wing misconceptions that a lot of people accept as fact. So I think YouTube is in trouble now. Not that I really care about YouTube, but I do like seeing a plethora of views out there.
That's an open question. Right now the status of social media isn't very well defined in case law. If social media networks are found to be public forums then they have to abide by the first amendment and generally cannot restrict content.

That is nonsense and you know it, they are private companies. Is it a free speech issue if I make a short film and my local cinema won't screen it? Do I have a right o force them to?
Sivad wrote:That's an open question. Right now the status of social media isn't very well defined in case law. If social media networks are found to be public forums then they have to abide by the first amendment and generally cannot restrict content.

Not if they are not in the USA.

Please note that the internet is international.
Drlee wrote:
I hope they do delete it. Infowars is a scumbag collection of lies aimed at unintelligent people. Anyone who watches it for any reason rather than to laugh at it is deluded.

Blackjack responded: Isn't being delusional a basic right in your opinion? A man with an x-chromosome and a y-chromosome who thinks he can become a woman is deluded. Yet, you seem to think that people should have to pay more on their health insurance and suffer the sheer freakery of the modern medical system in undertaking medical experimentation on live subjects that would make Joseph Mengele blush. Alex Jones, by contrast, is just a harmless blow hard who some people watch voluntarily for some reason. There is no compulsion involved to make those who think he's a blowhard pay money to him.

Blackjack seems to enjoy bringing up irrelevant shit when he has no argument. Let's see. He hit on sex-change, the health care system and Nazis. Nothing short of weird.
Seems like Alex Jones was just drumming up fake drama to get idiots to feel sorry for him.

AV Club wrote:Last week, a report came out that human-sized garbage monster Alex Jones and his conspiracy theory distribution network InfoWars were facing a ban from YouTube after amassing two “strikes” against the video site’s policies on bullying and harassment. Specifically, Jones had supposedly gotten in trouble for videos in which he claimed that some of the students who survived the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida were actors, and he even reached out to one student, David Hogg, to try and get him back in YouTube’s good graces with a hypothetically fair interview.

Yesterday, though, Jones claimed that he had received a warning from YouTube that his page was going to be shut down today and that all of his 33,000 videos—which seems like so many—were going to be deleted. Unsurprisingly, it seems like Jones was lying about the whole thing to get attention and try to spin something “positive” out of a recent campaign to get advertisers to pull out of everything he touches with his hate-filled hands. That’s according to BuzzFeed’s senior tech writer, Charlie Warzel, who says he contacted YouTube and received confirmation that Jones’ story isn’t true:

On top of that, Warzel says YouTube did tell Jones that advertisers have been trying to remove themselves from the toxic bullshit he spews, but it didn’t say his page was facing imminent deletion. Plus, YouTube denies that it would even give someone a heads-up like this at all, so it seems like Jones just wanted to drum up a little support by playing off of the inescapable victim mentality that he and all of his far-right supporters love to encourage. (The earlier two-strike warning does seem to be real, just not Jones’ claim that YouTube was going to delete his page today.)

Alex Jones’ YouTube page is also still up, naturally.
Decky wrote:That is nonsense and you know it, they are private companies. Is it a free speech issue if I make a short film and my local cinema won't screen it? Do I have a right o force them to?

http://delawarevalleylawyer.com/sites/D ... er2010.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsh_v._ ... ite_note-3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruneyard ... _v._Robins

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/201 ... ve-videos/

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]