You're fired I quit - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
Trump announces high level Cabinet changes on Twitter. Between his unedited rants and raves.

The US is in chaos, and everyday we move to a new acceptance of normal.

Where are our elected leaders, from both sides of the aisle, that are supposed to be protecting us from the clear and present danger that is in the White House?

I suspect that Tillerson is relieved to no longer have to be in the presence of a moron.

I never liked any of these people but Trump is a hypocrite: He demands loyalty and gives none.

OK. We'd better start planning for Mike Pompeo's replacement. Anyone interested?
America is facing the Apocalypse.....

America is chaos....

The Whitehouse is about to collapse into a wormhole like that house from Poltergeist....

.... It's all about to go tits up.... The Democrat Bible says so.

Run for the hills, save yourself from THINGS BEING BUSINESS AS USUAL....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
By 4cal
jimjam wrote:Trump announces high level Cabinet changes on Twitter. Between his unedited rants and raves.

The US is in chaos, and everyday we move to a new acceptance of normal.

Where are our elected leaders, from both sides of the aisle, that are supposed to be protecting us from the clear and present danger that is in the White House?

I suspect that Tillerson is relieved to no longer have to be in the presence of a moron.

I never liked any of these people but Trump is a hypocrite: He demands loyalty and gives none.

OK. We'd better start planning for Mike Pompeo's replacement. Anyone interested?

I would suspect that you should look for a replacement of Sessions next.

Again, one would really wonder why the business leaders who support this pervert are not copying his management style if it makes perfect sense to them to have such high turnover AND such high vacancies in high positions. We have no ambassador to South Korea while scheduling a summit meeting with the largest regional opponent. :eh:

If this was a business, the CEO would be fired.
By Stormsmith
Agreed, 4cal.

I'm wondering why there is so little conversation regarding Trump's lack of interest in investigating Russia. Can Bob Mueller save America?
By Finfinder
Not surprised at the never Trumper's dramatic spin in on all this. :lol:

@Stormsmith

Are you referring to the Trump Collusion thread and how it is making the "birthers" look brilliant in comparison to the never Trumpers? I have asked many times on that thread and no one will provide any evidence of collusion.
jimjam wrote:The US is in chaos, and everyday we move to a new acceptance of normal.

Awesome! Chaos is so cool!

jimjam wrote:Where are our elected leaders, from both sides of the aisle, that are supposed to be protecting us from the clear and present danger that is in the White House?

Why do you think firing Rex Tillerson is so dangerous?

My impression of jimjam:

jimjam wrote:Trump is evil. All he cares about is the very rich. Look who he hired for Secretary of State? An oil executive! Can you believe that? ExxonMobil chairman? ...

(1 year later)

Trump is evil. I can't believe he fired Rex Tillerson. Poor guy. What was Trump thinking throwing an oil executive out of Foggy Bottom?

jimjam wrote:I never liked any of these people but Trump is a hypocrite: He demands loyalty and gives none.

You think your boss is supposed to be subordinate to you? Maybe I should talk to my boss about his loyalty to me and see where that goes... :lol: Then again, maybe not... :moron:

MistyTiger wrote:I bet Tillerson is very happy. He can build up his stock portfolio again.

He got a nice tax break too.

Thomasmariel wrote:I must admit that it seems unprecedented, in terms of just how many resignations and substitutions happen on a routine basis with the Trump administration

It's no different from his campaign.

4cal wrote:I would suspect that you should look for a replacement of Sessions next.

Well, if he doesn't appoint a special counsel to look into the shenanigans at the DoJ and FBI, he needs to move on too.

4cal wrote:Again, one would really wonder why the business leaders who support this pervert are not copying his management style if it makes perfect sense to them to have such high turnover AND such high vacancies in high positions.

If people in the private sector pulled half the shit that bureaucrats did, we'd have 30% unemployment.

4cal wrote:We have no ambassador to South Korea while scheduling a summit meeting with the largest regional opponent. :eh:

When is the last time an ambassador really made a difference? We're in the age of instant global communications. Ambassadors represented the president at a time when there were no telephones--when it took 30 days to get messages back and forth. In those times, ambassadors had real power. Now, they are just sort of embassy figure heads and the CIA is really the more active branch in embassies.

Stormsmith wrote:I'm wondering why there is so little conversation regarding Trump's lack of interest in investigating Russia.

How would you "investigate Russia"?

Stormsmith wrote:Can Bob Mueller save America?

Save America from what?
By jimjam
While millions thought they were getting a populist president who would look out for them, what we have instead is a weak-minded, anti-intellectual buffoon who adores the exercise of personal power. He maximizes this power by dividing us because he knows he cannot unite us behind his agenda. Division of the polity allows him to manipulate supporters on various issues while he takes full advantage of the mechanisms put in place by other plutocrats to allow a minority agenda to have so much power. Between Citizens United, gerrymandering and campaign finance, the tools were already there.

Of course, the only way he has these tools at his disposal is by promoting the 1% agenda. By providing gifts such as the massive tax bill or removing the ACA individual mandate, he will have the craven support of all the paid-for minions in Congress who have already abandoned the Russia inquiry in the House.

Trumps knows he will have his podium so long as he plays along. When he is no longer of convenience or use, he will be disposed of. While Trump may appear a demagogue, he knows whose hands are on the rug he is standing on.

Then there is Donald as the Gutless Wonder In Chief. He likes to fire people which feeds into his drama queen persona which is fine. Whatever gets you through the night. But James Comey learned of his sacking via the evening news and Tillerson was dumped via tweet. Seems the Tough Guy doesn't even have the class and guts to fire people face to face. Sad.
Last edited by jimjam on 14 Mar 2018 03:40, edited 1 time in total.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:My impression of jimjam:

Ok #21, i'll bite. I feel an obligation to defend myself against this spurious and unprovoked attack on my impeccable character. :eek:

blackjack21 wrote:Trump is evil.

I have never called the man evil. This is one more in a long line of #21's self serving and trumped up ( :lol: ) imaginings. He is, however, a liar and con artist extraordinary.

blackjack21 wrote: All he cares about is the very rich.

I generally agree this is my take.

blackjack21 wrote:Look who he hired for Secretary of State? An oil executive! Can you believe that? ExxonMobil chairman? ...

Actually I was pleased with Tillison. He seemed a level headed and relatively stable person in a rudderless administration. Another figment of #21's self serving imagination.

blackjack21 wrote:(1 year later)Trump is evil

I've already covered this.

blackjack21 wrote:I can't believe he fired Rex Tillerson. Poor guy. What was Trump thinking throwing an oil executive out of Foggy Bottom?

One last figment of #21's self serving imagination. Tillerson's firing was totally predictable. After all he called Donald a moron and had the NERVE to disagree with the Great Leader from time to time. It is by now obvious that anyone guilty of independent thinking and ,far far worse, anyone who doesn't kiss the Great Leader's ass and, worse still, actually makes a derogatory comment about The Great Leader is living on borrowed time.

So .... Let us hope that a really smart guy like #21 can reign in his emotions a bit and try to improve on his accuracy and objective thinking
By Stormsmith
Trump had wanted Rudy Giuliani or Cuomo as Secretary of State, but Putin wanted someone "friendly" to Russian interests, esp oil.

His (Tillerson) nomination came amid revelations that US intelligence agencies suspected Russia of covertly attempting to influence last year's US election.

At his confirmation hearing, Mr Tillerson's own links to Moscow, which awarded him the Russian Order of Friendship in 2013, were raked over by senators.

During his time at Exxon, he had forged multibillion-dollar deals with Russia's state oil company, Rosneft.

Mr Tillerson was also known to be friendly with Igor Sechin, Rosneft's executive chairman, who was formerly Mr Putin's deputy prime minister.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38281954

This didn't work out. If Putin had a hand in installing Tillerson, he had a foot in seeing Tillerson get the boot
By Cycles
Tillerson was a terrible Sec. of State but the way he was fired via Twitter was a disgrace. Worse still was Kelly’s attempt to clarify the dismissal by claiming that he told Tillerson while he was on the toilet. Why would he diminish the man like that?

I have been involved in dismissals. You treat the person being fired with the utmost respect while protecting the company’s interest. It’s not just a matter of being polite, there are legal and ethical implications. Maybe things work differently in politics but this undignified dismissal is unlike anything I have ever seen before.
By jimjam
Cycles wrote:Tillerson was a terrible Sec. of State but the way he was fired via Twitter was a disgrace. Worse still was Kelly’s attempt to clarify the dismissal by claiming that he told Tillerson while he was on the toilet. Why would he diminish the man like that?

I have been involved in dismissals. You treat the person being fired with the utmost respect while protecting the company’s interest. It’s not just a matter of being polite, there are legal and ethical implications. Maybe things work differently in politics but this undignified dismissal is unlike anything I have ever seen before.

The latest firing of Andrew McCabe a day or two prior to becoming eligible for his pension after 21 years and then gloating about it is all you need to know about the character of this piece of shit POTUS. Why would anybody want to work for this revolting low life other than for money.
By jimjam
Not only did Donald once again not have the class or guts to tend to his latest firing face to face with the person getting fired but a new low was established when Rex Tillerson got the news while sitting on the toilet. He was informed, of course, by someone other than Donald.
Turnover levels higher than seasonal retail employment are extremely normal and, in fact, proof that Trump is actually very smart.

He got 30/30 on the genius test, as he tells us.

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

Yes, and it did not order a ceasefire. Did you ev[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]