Trump and Russiagate - Page 104 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Sivad
SpecialOlympian wrote:All Trump supporters argue in bad faith

I'm not a Trump supporter and I'm not arguing in bad faith. The facts are two states have already called bullshit and DHS is refusing to provide any evidence or analysis to congress or anyone else -

DHS faced heavy criticism from Capitol Hill Democrats over its initial refusal to tell Congress which states the Russians targeted.

And even after the agency disclosed last June that Russian hackers had probed 21 states as part of the campaign, DHS still withheld the names of those states or any details about the digital assaults. Eventually, in September, DHS notified the 21 states that had been targeted, reading each state a generic script.

But that script is the only document that DHS has provided Congress about the incidents, Oversight Democrats said Monday.

“Despite repeated requests over the past several months, the department has refused to provide the Oversight Committee with this information, and to the best of our knowledge, has not provided it to any congressional committee,” reads the letter to Gowdy. “We have been extremely patient, but we can no longer allow the Trump administration to defy our requests and withhold this critical information from Congress.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ity-314947

And last month there was a big fake news fiasco with NBC quoting the DHS head of cybersecurity, Jeanette Manfra, saying a small number of states were successfully penetrated and DHS claiming they were misquoted and that no states were hacked.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is denying the accuracy of an NBC News report that alleged Russia breached voter sites or registration systems in seven U.S. states prior to the 2016 election.

“NBC’s reporting tonight on the 2016 elections is not accurate and is actively undermining efforts of the Department of Homeland Security to work in close partnership with state and local governments to protect the nation’s election systems from foreign actors," DHS acting press secretary Tyler Q. Houlton said in a statement.

"We have no intelligence – new or old – that corroborates NBC’s reporting that state systems in seven states were compromised by Russian government actors. We believe tonight’s story to be factually inaccurate and misleading."

his is not the first NBC News report on possible Russian hacking that has drawn fire from DHS. Earlier this month, the agency pushed back against a report from the news outlet that claimed Russian hackers had "successfully penetrated" U.S. voter systems before the election.

That article drew on an interview with Jeanette Manfra, the department’s chief cybersecurity official. Manfra later issued a statement in response to the report, claiming NBC "misrepresented facts and confused the public with regard to Department of Homeland Security and state and local government efforts to combat election hacking."
http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity ... systems-in

It's all a retarded fucking joke.
By Cycles
There appears to be precious little evidence of direct collusion between Trump himself and the Russians. There is also very little evidence of a successful Russian hack of voting machines or systems.

The evidence does point to Russia working to undermine American democracy through a disinformation campaign, email hacks and wikileaks. There is also evidence of individuals in Trump’s inner circle communicating with Russian and pro-Russian interests for personal gain.

It’s all guesswork until Robert Mueller releases his report.
By Sivad
Cycles wrote:The evidence does point to Russia working to undermine American democracy through a disinformation campaign

LOL, American democracy is one giant disinformation campaign.
By Sivad
And a third state calls bullshit on DHS -
“The bottom line is, I’m relieved. We shouldn't have been on that list (of 21 states).”
Arizona Secretary of State Michele Reagan
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 819283001/

:lol:

Remember all the bogus terror warnings issued by DHS?
"The old color coded system taught Americans to be scared, not prepared," said ranking member Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Mississippi. "Each and every time the threat level was raised, very rarely did the public know the reason, how to proceed, or for how long to be on alert. I have raised concerns for years about the effectiveness of the system and have cited the need for improvements and transparency. Many in Congress felt the system was being used as a political scare tactic -- raising and lowering the threat levels when it best suited the Bush administration."

More seriously, however, some critics accused the Bush administration of using using the system to generate fear at politically sensitive times, such as just before the 2004 election. And just days after his 2005 resignation, then-Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge told a Washington forum that he sometimes disagreed with the rationale for raising the alert but was overruled by others on the Homeland Security Advisory Council, which made the decisions.

The council included Attorney General John Ashcroft, FBI chief Robert Mueller, CIA director George Tenet, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Secretary of State Colin Powell.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/01/26/ ... index.html

and Robert Mueller was one of the guys abusing the color-coded Homeland Security Advisory System. :lol:
By 4cal
Cycles wrote:There appears to be precious little evidence of direct collusion between Trump himself and the Russians. There is also very little evidence of a successful Russian hack of voting machines or systems.

And Roger Stone knowing 6 weeks beforehand that Podesta was going to be hacked by the Rooskies is just a coincidence right?
By jimjam
Cycles wrote:If Trump is innocent, why does he act like someone who is guilty?

This is plain as day to all but the Donald apologists. Donald has been a crook hiding behind a pack of killer lawyers all of his life and is certainly acting like one.

Representative Trey Gowdy, Republican of South Carolina, said if the president was innocent, he should “act like it” and leave Mr. Mueller alone, warning of dire repercussions if the president tried to fire the special counsel.
By jimjam
Just because there was no "collusion" with Russian sponsored actors to sway the election on behalf of Trump doesn't mean that Trump was and is influenced by financial ties to Russian backed banks and oligarchs. Because Trump failed to be completely transparent regarding his financial interests, we don't know to whom he owes money, and how this could influence his foreign and domestic policy decisions. This alone merits investigation by Mueller and his team. If Trump really wanted to prove there is "nothing there", he would reveal his tax returns, and all financial information, and give testimony under oath. While I personally doubt Trump directly colluded with foreign interests to try and sway the outcome of the election, I am very suspicious about his financial dealings. I suspect there are ties to corrupt entities and financiers. This opens the President up to essentially being black mailed. We deserve to know. After all, the GOP spent years and millions investigating Whitewater, which at the end of the day no impact in national security. Trump's affairs could be a serious security risk and we need to find this out once and for all.
By Albert
SpecialOlympian wrote:All Trump supporters argue in bad faith because Trump himself is incapable of acting or speaking in good faith. It's basically buyer's remorse at this point because all Trump supporters are rubes.

Like, this is pretty fucking obvious. Not a single Trump supporter on this forum has ever been considered an intellectual heavyweight.
I'm a Trump supporter and an intellectual heavyweight.
By skinster
:lol: this thread is almost a year old and still, nada! :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a related note, I met Aaron Mate of the Real News on Saturday night and congratulated him on the excellent work he's done on Russiagate, the non-story, boring-ass long story that we continue to suffer, because the majority of the population are easily manipulated.

Cycles wrote:The evidence does point to Russia working to undermine American democracy through a disinformation campaign, email hacks and wikileaks.

There is no evidence it was a hack. Emails were leaked, not hacked, by Wikileaks. If you have the aforementioned evidence, hola!
By Cycles
jimjam wrote:Just because there was no "collusion" with Russian sponsored actors to sway the election on behalf of Trump doesn't mean that Trump was and is influenced by financial ties to Russian backed banks and oligarchs. Because Trump failed to be completely transparent regarding his financial interests, we don't know to whom he owes money, and how this could influence his foreign and domestic policy decisions. This alone merits investigation by Mueller and his team. If Trump really wanted to prove there is "nothing there", he would reveal his tax returns, and all financial information, and give testimony under oath. While I personally doubt Trump directly colluded with foreign interests to try and sway the outcome of the election, I am very suspicious about his financial dealings. I suspect there are ties to corrupt entities and financiers. This opens the President up to essentially being black mailed. We deserve to know. After all, the GOP spent years and millions investigating Whitewater, which at the end of the day no impact in national security. Trump's affairs could be a serious security risk and we need to find this out once and for all.

Trump's behaviour after the Russian nerve agent attack in Salisbury UK is pretty telling. He could barely bring himself to talk about the attack but he had plenty of energy to attack the Mueller investigation and individuals within the FBI. It's getting easier and easier to believe that the Kremlin has some sort of leverage with Trump. The Mueller investigation needs to figure out what is going on.
By Sivad
Texas calls bullshit on DHS -
Texas denies state was target of election-related hacking by Russia
A week after the U.S. Department of Homeland Security identified 21 states that were targeted by Russian government hackers before the 2016 presidential election, a top Texas official is disputing that the state belongs on that list.
https://www.texastribune.org/2017/09/29 ... d-hacking/

That's now 4 states calling bullshit on DHS. Who wants to bet there's more?
By Sivad
skinster wrote::lol: this thread is almost a year old and still, nada! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not nada, a lot of evidence has been turned up, it just takes us in the direction of a lying manipulating criminal deep state that fabricated a massive hoax to demonize a geopolitical opponent and extend its domestic powers. I'm glad the deep state and the fake news did this and hope that they continue to further expose and discredit themselves.

because the majority of the population are easily manipulated.

Lames on the yard.
By Sivad
4cal wrote:And Roger Stone knowing 6 weeks beforehand that Podesta was going to be hacked by the Rooskies is just a coincidence right?

:lol: Adam Schiff tell you that?

By jimjam
Meanwhile, Mr. Comey, Mr. McCabe and the others who face Mr. Trump’s taunts and provocations should remember the old warning about wrestling a pig. You only get covered in mud — and, besides, the pig likes it.
skinster wrote::lol: this thread is almost a year old and still, nada! :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a related note, I met Aaron Mate of the Real News on Saturday night and congratulated him on the excellent work he's done on Russiagate, the non-story, boring-ass long story that we continue to suffer, because the majority of the population are easily manipulated.

There is no evidence it was a hack. Emails were leaked, not hacked, by Wikileaks. If you have the aforementioned evidence, hola!

I'm of the opinion that Russia did 'medal'; and that they acted rationally in doing so because Hillary Clinton is a clear enemy of the Russian state and the Russian people, who has used her power to take tangible hostile actions against Russia in the past.

I am also of the opinion that American elections are a sham, and have been set up to be manipulable; and the powers which be are pissed off because in their minds, only they are allowed to fuck with American elections.

I am also of the opinion that this here was a truly excellent commentary.

Hey isn't this what they accused Trump and Russia of?

The scandal yet again has exploded in the Democrats face....

Stop please, before you kill yourselfs.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-face ... SKBN1GV1V6

Damn, I think Russiagate just became Zuckergate.....

Holy shit Facebook is fucked.... Will still be around, but yeah this is it's Watergate level scandal...

Lol, Donald Trump's Administration is going to get to drive a Regulation Express train through Facebook and Google.
By Sivad
“To our knowledge, we don’t think they were targeting Colorado,” said Trevor Timmons, chief information officer for the Colorado secretary of state’s office. “We didn’t see any (attempted infiltration from Russian groups).”

Timmons said the secretary of state’s office, which oversees elections and voting in Colorado, was warned about specific internet protocol — or IP — addresses linked to Russian cyber attackers as well as their methods of attempted intrusions. Cybersecurity officials kept close tabs on the state’s voter systems, looking for any signs of those intruders, but didn’t find anything of particular concern.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/13/r ... -involved/

That's five states calling bullshit on DHS. I've only looked at 5 states and so far it's 5 for 5.

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

Yes, and it did not order a ceasefire. Did you ev[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]