The Austin Bomber - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Rancid
It's weird to me we're trying to hard to link this dude to some sort of ideological system.

What if he was just a depressed loser?
By Rancid
What if the dude was just crazy frustrated with how boring/lame his life was?

The popo claim that the the 25 minute confession video talks about his challenges in life.
By Potemkin
What if he was just a depressed loser?

Most people are depressed losers, Rancid. There's probably more to it than that. Something prompted this guy to direct his murderous aggression outwards. As Reichstraten noted, that suggests some kind of ideological motivation. After all, his targets don't seem to have been randomly chosen.
By maz
Instead of trying to figure out the guy's political identity (in order to smear your political enemies), wouldn't it be more constructive to try and find out how he learned to make the bombs and triggers?
By Crantag
maz wrote:Instead of trying to figure out the guy's political identity (in order to smear your political enemies), wouldn't it be more constructive to try and find out how he learned to make the bombs and triggers?

No, actually it wouldn't be.

Sure the proper authorities should investigate it, and moreover such information should not be published; and I would moreover dissuade most common individuals from trying to figure it out, as well.

Although, I am pretty sure if one would really like to figure out how to make bombs they could do so fairly simply.
maz wrote:Instead of trying to figure out the guy's political identity (in order to smear your political enemies), wouldn't it be more constructive to try and find out how he learned to make the bombs and triggers?

Here's a clue:

[...]

The Austin bomber was involved in a teenage Christian “survivalist” group that discussed weapons and dangerous chemicals, according to a childhood friend.

Mark Anthony Conditt reportedly took part in a conservative outdoors club called Righteous Invasion of Truth (RIOT), in which home-schooled young people studied the Bible and were taught gun skills.

[...]

Conditt attended RIOT events with his younger sister, said Cassia Schultz, who was also involved in the group.

“A lot of us were very into science; we would discuss chemicals and how to mix them and which ones were dangerous,” Ms Schultz told BuzzFeed News.

[...]

Austin bomber Mark Anthony Conditt was part of Christian survivalist group that discussed 'dangerous' chemicals
By maz
Reichstraten wrote:Here's a clue:

Austin bomber Mark Anthony Conditt was part of Christian survivalist group that discussed 'dangerous' chemicals

You left out this part:

Ms Schultz said many young people involved in RIOT carried knives and learned to shoot firearms at gun ranges, but she did not recall bomb-making being a topic of discussion.

And also:

RIOT was set up and named by home-schooled children of high school age in Pflugerville and their families. The group’s events, which also included archery and water balloon fights, included up to an hour of Bible study.

So the guy probably didn't learn to make bombs at Christian family weekend outings.
I bet the Deep State taught him how to make bombs so that they could unfairly tarnish the reputations of good, upstanding citizen-bombers.
By Reichstraten
maz wrote:You left out this part:

I thought she was part of the leadership of this RIOT group. My bad.
Making bombs might not have been part of the official programme, but mutual discussions between the kids about "chemicals and how to mix them and which ones were dangerous" comes dangerously (pun intended) close.

So the guy probably didn't learn to make bombs at Christian family weekend outings.

Right. Probably he did. Moreover they were were taught gun skills.
What part of thou shall not kill don't they understand? :eh:
Doesn't sound like the innocent family gathering you try to make it look like.
By Rancid
Potemkin wrote:Most people are depressed losers, Rancid. There's probably more to it than that. Something prompted this guy to direct his murderous aggression outwards. As Reichstraten noted, that suggests some kind of ideological motivation. After all, his targets don't seem to have been randomly chosen.

Maybe, but maybe not. Dunno, maybe some of us just do not know how to cope with the fact that most of us lead lives that are pathetic/boring/uninteresting.

Question:
Don't people that are strongly ideologically motivated usually share their motives? Why keep it a secret?
By Reichstraten
Rancid wrote:Question:
Don't people that are strongly ideologically motivated usually share their motives? Why keep it a secret?

He was homeschooled, which means he was brought up surrounded by like-minded people and he probably wasn't used to meet dissidents.
By QatzelOk
An article that Reichstraten posted wrote:Austin bomber Mark Anthony Conditt was part of Christian survivalist group that discussed 'dangerous' chemicals

The worst thing about an event like this one is that some leftist-types will try to use it to take bombs away from good people.

A few left-leaning states like California are even talking about making it illegal for people under 18 or with mental health issues to acquire bombs.

Meanwhile, if all the victims of these sick individual had had bombs of their own, they could have bombed him before he could hurt any more good people.
I agree. Nukes for all. The only way I feel that I could fend off a murder of violent cyclists is if I have access to a Davey Crocket launcher, and even with an expanded magazine and bump stock I would barely call it a weapon.

While the United States does not comment in any wa[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Why are thousands of people trying to force their[…]

There is, or at least used to be, a Royalist Part[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]