Trump and Russiagate - Page 120 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Albert
Crantag wrote:Just meaning to call it like I see it here, but this strikes me as excessive in the way of conjecture, in the interest of character assault.

What you have generalized there might be loosely accurate (or it might be entirely made up by you, I truly have no idea whatsoever).

However, it seems like you are seeking to employ such generalizations about the KGB so as to impugn the intelligence of Putin.

This is stretching too far for my taste. That said, I think that Putin is very intelligent. So the above is just me saying that you have failed to dispossess me of this, with your KGB profiling job there.
Why do you think I'm wrong?
Albert wrote:Why do you think I'm wrong?

I think you were unpersuasive, for the reasons that I gave.

Moreover, Putin certainly strikes me as very intelligent.

Whenever I have heard him speak (through subtitles), his commentaries or responses to questions and topic prompts, impress upon me as products of very sound intellect. I also think he is a very strong operator in the way of tactical politics. He outmaneuvers American political operators continuously. While he is supported by his own government in this, I think his personal touch also comes into play in this.
By jimjam
This on judge Kimba Wood who is hearing the case against Donald's hit man Michael Cohen: “She is very kind and sensitive, but she doesn’t suffer fools lightly,” said Gerald L. Shargel, a veteran defense lawyer who has appeared before Judge Wood on numerous occasions. “She’s always been very gracious in my experience, but anyone who thinks she’s going to be a walk in the park, they’re going to be sadly mistaken.”
By Hong Wu
I suspect that Crantag is a paid shill, because he was pushing a Trump is a mafia don dialogue a day or two before Comey started pushing it. Sometimes I see huge coincidences like this from users on this forum and it makes me doubt their veracity. Perhaps LV wasn't getting the desired results and so they built a new persona to assign to this domain.
By Crantag
Hong Wu wrote:I suspect that Crantag is a paid shill, because he was pushing a Trump is a mafia don dialogue a day or two before Comey started pushing it. Sometimes I see huge coincidences like this from users on this forum and it makes me doubt their veracity. Perhaps LV wasn't getting the desired results and so they built a new persona to assign to this domain.

Lol, that is quite an honor there.

But I wasn't really original in it.
Hong Wu wrote:I suspect that Crantag is a paid shill, because he was pushing a Trump is a mafia don dialogue a day or two before Comey started pushing it. Sometimes I see huge coincidences like this from users on this forum and it makes me doubt their veracity. Perhaps LV wasn't getting the desired results and so they built a new persona to assign to this domain.

Be honest with you, the world's a small place.... And online forums draw like-minded people.

Spoiler: show
Run into well known people hiding under aliases before in online forums... Kevin Smith used Rottentomatoes forums in Alias while I was there, he outed himself later.....
Several of his friends were rumoured to frequent the site, including Ben Affleck....Just sayin'....

Crantag = Comey???!?!?
By Crantag
Maybe it would be better to let you have your fantasy. But one problem is I live in China and post during China time. I could be Comey on all night benders, but I don't think I sound drunk when I post, so..
By colliric
Crantag wrote:Maybe it would be better to let you have your fantasy. But one problem is I live in China and post during China time. I could be Comey on all night benders, but I don't think I sound drunk when I post, so..

Lol, I was only joking.....

Seriously though, that was Kevin Smith and Ben Affleck posting on Rottentomatoes that time.... Back when that Forum was the cool film forum to hang out on.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/ar ... -2-a-flop/

I was posting in the same thread..
By Hong Wu
colliric wrote:Be honest with you, the world's a small place.... And online forums draw like-minded people.

Spoiler: show
Run into well known people hiding under aliases before in online forums... Kevin Smith used Rottentomatoes forums in Alias while I was there, he outed himself later.....
Several of his friends were rumoured to frequent the site, including Ben Affleck....Just sayin'....

Crantag = Comey???!?!?

Indeed, Crantag being James Comey hadn't occurred to me :lol:

Sounds like you should have done more coaching for that interview Comey!
By Hong Wu
It appears that muh Russia may finally be dying with the release of Comey's memos and the lackluster response to his book and interview. Trump is tweeting that the memos indicate there was no collusion and the media is focusing on non-Russian things in the memos.
By colliric
Zagadka wrote:90% of this thread is foreigners yelling "NO COLLUSION!" in fake-outrage

That's the world we live in now.... Deal with it!
By Hong Wu
Zagadka wrote:Stay out of my country and stop spamming issues that bother you more than Americans.

OK hold up. Are you saying that Americans don't care about the Russian collusion thing?
By Hong Wu
The DNC lawsuit breathes new life into Russiagate! Is this the makings of a new legendary thread?

I kind of feel sorry for Zag. He has too much probity to support Russiagate yet he also won't deviate from what the Berkeley party line was, so he has to sort of support the investigations and lawsuits without supporting the allegations. The result is a daily forum asskicking and he's not delusional like some people to believe that he's always won. It must be like rhetorical torture.
By Hong Wu
Zagadka wrote:I mostly just ignore all of this. It is distracting at best.

Unfortunately, I still have to read all of it so I can ban Trump supporters.

They brainwashed you well...
By jimjam
Donald's biggest problem could very well arise as a result of his family business dealings with a host of largely Russian criminals looking to run their millions through the Trump Money Laundromat. According to the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Department of Justice — it is a crime for a United States company to act with willful blindness toward the corrupt activities of a foreign business partner.

A short list of criminals dealing with Donald's outfit include:

In Vancouver, the Trump Organization partnered with the son of Tony Tiah Thee Kian, a Malaysian oligarch who was convicted of providing a false report to the Kuala Lumpur stock exchange. That project, which was guided by Ivanka Trump.

With Trump International Hotel & Tower in Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan, the Trumps signed a licensing agreement with the local developer, Anar Mammadov — the son of the country’s billionaire transportation minister, Ziya Mammadov, who an American diplomat once described in cables published by WikiLeaks as “notoriously corrupt even for Azerbaijan.”

In 2006, the sale of condos in the first international hotel venture under the Trump brand, the former Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower in Panama, fell, in large part, to a Brazilian named Alexandre Ventura Nogueira. He worked with a Colombian who was later convicted of money laundering. Mr. Nogueira told NBC News last year that he sold about half of his Trump condos to Russians, including some connected to the Russian mafia, and that some of his clients had “questionable backgrounds.”

Three years later, as Reuters has reported, Panamanian authorities arrested Mr. Nogueira on charges of fraud and forgery unrelated to the Trump project. After getting out on bail, he fled to Brazil, where he faces a separate money-laundering investigation.

Consider the Bayrock Group, a developer that once had lavish offices in Trump Tower. The firm worked with Mr. Trump in the mid-2000s to build the Trump SoHo in Lower Manhattan, among other troubled projects. One of its principals was a Russian émigré, Felix Sater, linked to organized crime who served time for felony assault and who later pleaded guilty to racketeering involving a $40 million stock fraud scheme. Belgian authorities accused a Kazakh financier recruited by Bayrock of carrying out a $55 million money-laundering scheme (that case was settled without an admission of guilt). Civil suits filed in Los Angeles and New York allege that a former mayor of the largest city in Kazakhstan and several of his family members laundered millions in stolen public funds, investing some of it in real estate, including units in Trump SoHo.

There is Sunny Isles Beach, where over 60 individuals with Russian passports or addresses bought nearly $100 million worth of units in Trump-branded condominium towers in a part of South Florida known as Little Moscow. Among them were Russian government officials who made million-dollar investments and a Ukrainian owner of two units who pleaded guilty to one count of receipt of stolen property in a money-laundering scheme involving a former Ukrainian prime minister.

What is that saying about birds of a feather :eek: .
@jimjam

You seem to have a problem with foreign business men. Are you some kind of redneck racist?
You can’t be surprised wealthy people are a little shady, so it must be their foreignness you object to. :)

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]