Royal Wedding Today! - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Albert
The black pastor hampered the vibe with his overzealous sermon on love that was done in vulgar manner. The wedding felt like it had something to prove with this whole; "look at me I'm black" and feminist. It was Meghan's decision on these things so she did this to her own wedding.

This was the best
Rugoz wrote:
In dollars using a generous exchange rate :)

https://www.republic.org.uk/sites/defau ... 2017_0.pdf

Generous exchange rate and generous assumptions. :)

Income from the duchies isn't a cost of the monarchy. You can argue that the income shouldn't be paid out or quibble with their special legal rights, but these are question quite separate from the monarchy as an institution and its costs. Note also that not even European republics have stripped (former ) nobility of their estates, e.g. in Austria and Germany they are next to the state and church the largest land owners as a group, so the assumption that all lands and property will go to the public seems quite unfounded too.

One would hope that historical buildings would be kept in shape regardless and their charge of mismanagement needs to be backed up.

The assumption that the monarchy does not contribute anything to tourism seems deluded. If brands have any value, then the Windsor brand is surely one of the most valuable in the world in terms of recognition and ability to generate revenue, and this is almost certainly not restricted to only tourism.

Obviously, you also have to compare the costs of the monarchy with the costs of ceremonial heads of state in republics (which also includes former heads of state). To choose one at random, the Italian presidency apparently cost €228 million in 2013.

I agree that the security costs are contentious, especially for minor royals, and that scrutiny should be welcomed. There are quite likely potential savings there.
By Albert
Half of parliament gets funded in majority government. To sit in parliament whilst wiggling their thumbs. How many wasteful institutions there are in government yet people want to go after monarchy.

I support a different line of thinking, why do we not make monarchy more useful and give them more power to rule. Perhaps at least 40% of voting power in legislature?
SHe's been married and divorced once before right?

I wonder how divorce works in the royal context, since the royal family is based on tax payer funds, surely she can't get half of his piggy bank?

I give this unholy union a couple of years at most.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:He actually looks a lot like Harry.

This is one of the reasons why the establishment is failing. I suppose the establishment's goal in alignment with Obama's presidency is to make neoliberalism appeal to non-whites with this little side show. I'm guessing that's not going to work. I imagine it won't be 5 years before we see Harry with a mistress. Whatever. I wouldn't change places with him if that's how his life has to play out. Although, I think a few nappy little princes will provide some entertainment.

B0ycey wrote:Do you think people don't visit Bastille anymore or something?

It's just a square. The Bastille was destroyed.

Rich wrote:We accept the unconditional surrender of the British Monarchy to Cultural Marxism. We have seen nothing like this since the King of England last made homage to the King of France for his French domains.

Yeah, and I think it's probably going to be a failure for the monarchy--although, I'm sure like Hillary Clinton's campaign, they are being advised of just the opposite.
By Albert
She was married before, oh jee, the more I know of her the less I like her, tbh. Damnt, I wanted to like her. I wanted this to be the perfect wedding!

Imagine though how her ex-husband feels, lol.

Edit: At twelve she furiously wrote a letter to Procter and Gamble to use gender neutral terms in their commercial. Oh no, Harry what have you done.
By skytree
Why do folks blame on the royals?

The British royals are toothless today. They don't command military or politics at all.

The Brits want a master for themselves, otherwise they can vote for republic.

What do the people need a master for themselves? Men/humans are created equal.
By B0ycey
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Considering your infatuation with Macron you should actually be able to relate to other people's admiration of royal families.

To be fair, Macron was elected. I have no problem with people admiring the Royal Family. I accept free will. What I don't agree with is born privilege. Give up their tax payers hand outs and powers and they can keep their estate and titles for all I care. They can even continue to pose in front of cameras.

Regarding Russia and Germany, how were their transitions into totalitarian states better than had they become constitutional monarchies? It's actually difficult to imagine much worse outcomes than the bolsheviks and nazis that followed the Tsar and the Kaiser.

To some extent you have a strong point. But on the flip side, the monarchies created the conditions for facisism to begin with. So really all this proves is the success of a nation is down to economics and not tradition. And as history proves, monarchies aren't exactly saintly figures.

To add to PC's list, Belgium and Spain (to cover the sunny beaches :D) are also constitutional monarchies in Europe. On average these countries offer some of the best places to live even by European standards. Note that I'm not saying that constitutional monarchies are necessarily a cause for the high living standards, but that people who value continuity and stability will tend to keep their royal houses and are also more likely to be good places to live. The idea of changing the political system of a country when it clearly works very well just for the sake of it should be discredited by now.

Climate and liberty are bigger factors than traditional values in social living conditions. It is up to the people whether they want to keep their monarchies or not. And in good times they will.

But what I find interesting was your last comment. For an outspoken critic of the EU and Pro-Brexit advocate, this contradicts your true belief. The EU clearly works well for the UK and has created unnecessary problems for them by trying to leave. Do you agree we should maintain the EU and prevent Brexit because you are against changing political systems? I would be more than happy to keep those tax dodgers around a little longer for a united Europe actually.

It should also really tell us something that all republicans seem to have left is stirring resentment and their intellectually lazy appeals to costs and "tax dodgers".

...that and born privilege, anti democratic and a burden to actual tax payers.
By Albert
B0ycey wrote:To be fair, Macron was elected. I have no problem with people admiring the Royal Family. I accept free will. What I don't agree with is born privilege. Give up their tax payers hand outs and powers and they can keep their estate and titles for all I care. They can even continue to pose in front of cameras.
What is wrong with being born into 'privilege' or inheriting wealth and power hereditary?

To some extent you have a strong point. But on the flip side, the monarchies created the conditions for facisism to begin with. So really all this proves is the success of a nation is down to economics and not tradition. And as history proves, monarchies aren't exactly saintly figures.
Nazism arose out of Weimar Republic in Germany, Wilhelm II abdicated in 1918 and was in exile in Holland by that point. Similarly in Russia Nicholas II abdicated and it was the republican government in its infancy that allowed radical communist elements of Bolshevism to arise, that eventually toppled the government.

So to follow your line of reasoning it is really the liberal democratic governments that created conditions for fascism. I personally do not think that is true as it is more complex then that, even though I think Wiemar Republic did contribute to the rise of Nazism in Germany, as did the provisional government in Russia did to the rise of Communism.
By B0ycey
Albert wrote:What is wrong with being born into 'privilege'

It isn't earned Albert. The power you have shouldn't be dictated by which mother you come out of. I believe in democratic values. Monarchies are dictatorships in all but name.
By Rich
The Royal family is a publicly funded soap opera, come reality TV show. Like all long running soap operas it must move with the times. Many British people like it. Some say that even if we don't like it, Britain is in such a weak and pathetic state that the British Constitution must be based on the needs of the tourist industry.

I can't get rid of the monarchy, but I can learn from it. It can be inspirational for me. It shows me that the average person is there to be suckered. The average heterosexual male is there to be cucked. The average human being enjoys being humiliated. But above all, I will never take a lecture on inequality from anyone who supports or even apologises for the monarchy.

[Zag Edit: Rule 2]
Constitutional monarchies are amongst the best countries in the world to live in. Sweden, Canada, Denmark, Australia, UK, have amongst the highest quality of life and are the best places to live.

Americans are the biggest fans of the royalty, though. Right Rich? I will ignore you @Rich as long as you continue to be childish and petty.
That pastor is just an unending cringe-fest. :') An American sermonizing at a British wedding, a black swing-in-your-church-seats choir and of course that black violinist. As if Harry is marrying the African American subculture. So she got a nose job, it doesn't mean that you should allow her to OVERcompensate. Just embarrassing.
By Albert
I think the guy ruined the whole mood of the wedding, lol. "Sit there, will get you married eventually". What an idiot.

Good let the upper class feel some of that "progress" that they have been subjecting all of us too.

B0ycey wrote:It isn't earned Albert. The power you have shouldn't be dictated by which mother you come out of. I believe in democratic values. Monarchies are dictatorships in all but name.
Children inheriting their parent's wealth is not something that they have earned either, wealth also translates to power. So in your mind that is unfair as well.
By daf
Albert wrote:I think the guy ruined the whole mood of the wedding, lol. "Sit there, will get you married eventually". What an idiot.

Good let the upper class feel some of that "progress" that they have been subjecting all of us too.

The Royal Family has nothing to do with cultural Marxism but the Church of England who invited him to speak is defiantly part of the liberal multicultural elites.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This war is going to drag on for probably another[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]