Many shot dead at Texas school. Another school shooting. Why? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Again, the vast majority of school shooters are men.

This latest one was a young man who shot the young woman who rebuffed him. This whole mass murder was all about a guy who felt entitled to a woman and decided that shooting everyone is the solution to his problem of being rejected.

If she had been holding the gun instead of him, there would have been a maximum of one person shot: the young man.
Zagadka wrote:I don't think/hope that was a serious contention.

To whom are you referring?

Pants-of-dog wrote:Again, the vast majority of school shooters are men.

This latest one was a young man who shot the young woman who rebuffed him. This whole mass murder was all about a guy who felt entitled to a woman and decided that shooting everyone is the solution to his problem of being rejected.

If she had been holding the gun instead of him, there would have been a maximum of one person shot: the young man.

What about in Parkland?

same thing?

So you think if only women were allowed to have guns, it would solve the problem of gun violence in the United States?

Yes or No?

Also....

Why only leftist women?
Victoribus Spolia wrote:What about in Parkland?

same thing?

He was abusive to his ex-girlfriend.
https://nypost.com/2018/02/15/alleged-s ... classmate/

He was a member if the Republic of Florida (http://www.newsweek.com/republic-florid ... ruz-808296) which supports that alpha male crap.

So you think if only women were allowed to have guns, it would solve the problem of gun violence in the United States?

Yes or No?

It would solve the problem of school shootings. Please note that this is different from the claim that it would solve the problem of gun violence, which I never said.

It would probably help a lot.
Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo has been pointed in his response to the violence in nearby Santa Fe. "This isn't a time for prayers, and study and Inaction, it's a time for prayers, action and the asking of God's forgiveness for our inaction"

Well, he's near the right track.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It would probably help a lot.

Okay. Awesome.

PoD is officially advocating for only leftist women to carry guns

and @Zagadka, is trying to move the thread away from that conversation for obvious reasons.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the left has gone full-retard.

Please note that you have not made any intelligent rebuttals. Posting a meme is not a sign of critical thinking.

I admit my idea is unrealistic. The history that causes men (especially white US men) to feel entitled is the saem history that keeps women from exercising the type of power I describe.

This does not mean my solution would not work.
Zagadka wrote:Well, he's near the right track.

Adolescent and post adolescent young men are emotional and prone to irrational acts. I think some responsibility here lies with the parent(s) who allowed access to firearms and ammunition. This is contributory negligence of the "I'm Lazy" variety. Lawful punishment might make parents more aware of what their offspring are up to …

As for arming women? Plenty of them are armed already. I once installed some rose pink pistol grips for a lady, she wanted to match her lipstick.

Zam
Pants-of-dog wrote:I admit my idea is unrealistic

That goes without saying.

Pants-of-dog wrote:The history that causes men (especially white US men) to feel entitled is the saem history that keeps women from exercising the type of power I describe.

Please provide evidence for this claim. Thanks.

Pants-of-dog wrote:This does not mean my solution would not work.

You argument rests on the claim that men are more likely to be shooters because of something inherent in them, when it could be just coincidence.

If it is not a coincidence please provide evidence why anyone should believe the contrary.
Zamuel wrote:As for arming women? Plenty of them are armed already. I once installed some rose pink pistol grips for a lady, she wanted to match her lipstick.

I know plenty of armed women, but that is not what PoD is arguing.

He is arguing we should ONLY arm LEFTIST women and ban ALL others.

What says you about that brilliant theory? hmmmmm.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Okay. Awesome.

PoD is officially advocating for only leftist women to carry guns

and @Zagadka, is trying to move the thread away from that conversation for obvious reasons.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the left has gone full-retard.

The majority of teachers are women yet they don't want to arm them. These people are deeply confused.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:I know plenty of armed women, but that is not what PoD is arguing. He is arguing we should ONLY arm LEFTIST women and ban ALL others. What says you about that brilliant theory? hmmmmm.

Honestly, most of the women I know who would consent to the "liberal" label shouldn't be trusted to fire, let alone carry a gun. They tend to have an innate fear. "Leftist" women are a whole different story. If they had all the guns, Trump would be a dead duck tomorrow.

Zam
Victoribus Spolia wrote:I think you meant disturbed here, not confused.

I can see how you would have made that mistake, they both end in "ed"

Don't let it happen again.

;)

LOL
A coincidence or irony, that the majority who run these school systems are liberals yet somehow they failed to do anything about the shooters who showed clear signs of being mentally disturbed.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/ ... -students/

Did Lax Obama-Era School-Discipline Policies Enable the Parkland Shooter?
By DAVID FRENCH
March 2, 2018 4:58 PM

A father and his two children outside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School four days after the shooting in Parkland, Fla., February 18, 2018. (Jonathan Drake/Reuters)

Broward County had adopted guidelines designed in part to limit law-enforcement involvement with students, even those who posed a threat.

The closer you look at the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., the more you realize that it might have been one of the most preventable significant crimes in recent American history. We’re familiar by now with the government’s sins of omission — how it failed to act time and again in the face of evidence that the shooter presented a clear and present danger to the public.

But how about a sin of commission? Did an Obama-era policy designed to reduce the “school-to-prison pipeline” prevent police from using available tools that could have stopped the shooting?

x
One of the greatest challenges in American public life is to end mass incarceration without endangering the public. How can reform efforts keep violent offenders off the streets while still decreasing America’s extraordinarily high prison population?

The tragic experience in Broward County teaches us how not to fix the crisis. Stopping the “school-to-prison” pipeline by simply refusing to arrest violent students carries with it unacceptably high costs.

Yesterday Paul Sperry of RealClearInvestigations published a comprehensive report that reached an explosive conclusion:

Despite committing a string of arrestable offenses on campus before the Florida school shooting, Nikolas Cruz was able to escape the attention of law enforcement, pass a background check and purchase the weapon he used to slaughter three staff members and 14 fellow students because of Obama administration efforts to make school discipline more lenient.

Overstatement? Perhaps, but it contains an important element of truth. In 2013, the Broward County school board entered into an agreement with multiple law-enforcement agencies — including the Broward County sheriff — designed to limit the number of on-campus arrests.

Obama education secretary Arne Duncan even highlighted Broward County’s efforts to reduce out-of-school suspensions and try alternative forms of discipline. Broward County was reportedly “one of 53 major school districts” to adopt Obama-administration guidelines designed in part to limit law-enforcement involvement in school discipline.

Sperry quoted Peter Kirsanow, a conservative member of the Commission on Civil Rights:

Broward County adopted a lenient disciplinary policy similar to those adopted by many other districts under pressure from the Obama administration to reduce racial “disparities” in suspensions and expulsions. . . . In many of these districts, the drive to “get our numbers right” has produced disastrous results, with startling increases in both the number and severity of disciplinary offenses, including assaults and beatings of teachers and students.

Sperry also wrote a comprehensive essay for the New York Post in December outlining how lax discipline policies where enabling a wave of violence against teachers and students. He detailed incidents across the country, including mass resignations of teachers after escalating assaults.

In local news reports at least one former Broward school-resource officer has spoken bluntly about the pressure not to arrest students and said that the number of resource officers was cut in half.

"We are the laughing stock of the world right now."
Recently retired @browardsheriff school resource officer speaks out because he says current officers are afraid to. Says there is a shortage of SROs, and pressure not to arrest troubled students like Nikolas Cruz. @wsvn pic.twitter.com/rvkLYdiisq

— Brian Entin (@BrianEntin) February 28, 2018

As Sperry relates, lax discipline meant that the Parkland shooter not only had no criminal record when he purchased his rifle, he didn’t even have the arrest record that may well have spurred additional inquiry when people did report their concerns to the FBI. Recall, he was disciplined for fighting, for assault, and for bringing bullets to school.

The upshot was that the lack of an arrest record made it difficult for police to confirm that Cruz was a proven threat and to intervene when they received call-in tips and complaints from neighbors, classmates and relatives about his stockpiling of weapons and desire to kill people, law enforcement officials say.

It’s too much to pin the Parkland shooting entirely on school policies — after all, there were other opportunities for police to intervene more effectively — but this history does highlight that there are profound risks in leniency, especially when leniency is directed at violent students. It’s one thing to show a measure of grace to students who commit non-violent offenses, it’s another thing entirely to enable and excuse those who commit assault.

No, let’s not involve law enforcement too soon when no one is under threat. But the simple fact is that some kids should face arrest.

COMMENTS
The school-to-prison pipeline is a problem. We don’t want to see kids cut off from college, good jobs, or the military because of mistakes made in their youth. At the same time, law-abiding students and teachers have their own rights, including the right to teach and learn in a safe environment.

Yes, let’s be creative in addressing non-violent offenses. No, let’s not involve law enforcement too soon when no one is under threat. But the simple fact is that some kids should face arrest. Some kids should have criminal records. In trying to protect these kids from themselves, school districts are making innocent students and teachers more vulnerable. That’s an unacceptable tradeoff.
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is set to host a roundtable discussion to help make sure that Texas schools can prevent another school shooting.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announces roundtable discussions on school safety after Santa Fe shooting

In response to the Santa Fe school shooting that killed eight students and two teachers, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said Monday that he'll host a series of discussions at the Capitol this week on issues like arming teachers, school safety measures, mental health and bullying.

From Tuesday through Thursday, Abbott, a Republican, will meet at the Capitol with shooting survivors, students, parents, teachers and advocates on both sides of the gun debate. Tuesday’s discussion will seek input from school administrators and law enforcement leaders on ways to improve school security.

More details on Wednesday and Thursday’s discussions will be released later, Abbott’s release said. Advocates for and against stricter gun regulations said they were asked to attend Wednesday. Victims of the Santa Fe massacre and other recent Texas shootings in Sutherland Springs, Alpine and Italy have also been invited to the talks, according to the release.

Gov. Abbott is up for re-election in December and his Democrat challenger is already trying to use the Santa Fe shooting to his advantage. He's one of those "I'm not anti-gun we just need common sense blah blah."

Andrew White on Gun Control

I support the 2nd Amendment. I'm not anti-gun. The terrible events we see on the news should make you wonder how we got here. A tight primary race creates a competition to see which politician can be more "Pro-Gun". The gun lobby birthed its own "litmus" test: you're either pro-gun or anti-gun I bet most of us are somewhere in between We need a universal background check law that requires ALL gun buyers, regardless of where they buy the gun, to have a simple background check performed.

But now he is meeting with a virulently anti-2nd amendment extremist group that only pops up whenever there is a high-profile media hyped shooting event.

Democratic candidates in Texas governor race push for tighter gun laws

Houston businessman Andrew White, son of late Gov. Mark White, urged Gov. Greg Abbott to convene an "emergency special session to pass common sense gun safety legislation" before the next regular session in 2019. White met with members of Moms Demand Action, a national organization demanding laws that prevent gun violence.

The shooter allegedly obtained the weapons illegally so none of the proposed common sense gun control legislation would have helped prevent this shooting. But I guess we shouldn't expect any logic coming from a bunch of emotional mothers demanding things of the government.

Abbott's challenger is also a kook who thinks that conservatives invented the transgender bathroom nonsense.

Andrew White, son of late Gov. Mark White, explores 2018 gubernatorial campaign

Most Texans don’t care about the bathroom bill, and when you call a special session ... for the bathroom bill, you know you’ve got a problem with your leadership, and it’s repulsive," White said, referring to a controversial proposal to regulate which restroom transgender Texans can use.
Last edited by maz on 21 May 2018 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:That goes without saying.

Only a fool would argue that sexism has not been a significant factor in US history.

Please provide evidence for this claim. Thanks.

You need evidence for the fact that sexism has been a significant factor in US history and continues to be?

Your whole patriarchal traditional schtick is also based on this fact; you just see it as a good thing.

You argument rests on the claim that men are more likely to be shooters because of something inherent in them, when it could be just coincidence.

If it is not a coincidence please provide evidence why anyone should believe the contrary.

Yes, in that respect, it is like your argument blaming blacks.

Anyway, I am not sure what you think I am arguing here. Please note that I have already said that I do not support gun control, except in the obvious way where we arm the working class and those opposed to colonialism and disarm the capitalists and imperialists.

I pointed out that if you were going to look at demographics, like you did, and use it to support a form of gun control (which again, I do not) then the logical demographic to target would be men.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476 ... -s-gender/
Pants-of-dog wrote:Anyway, I am not sure what you think I am arguing here. Please note that I have already said that I do not support gun control, except in the obvious way where we arm the working class and those opposed to colonialism and disarm the capitalists and imperialists.

So who decides if someone is working class? Who decides if you are opposed to colonialism? Who decides if you are capitalist or imperialist?

Farage, btw, is a Putin puppet. What a laugh. Th[…]

If the Brits ever come to their senses, that will[…]

Not much, commercial real estate is boom or bust.[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isr[…]