Trump Takes on NFL - Page 38 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Zamuel
One Degree wrote:He is not being fined for speaking, he is being fined for violating league rules.

That are unconstitutional. A violation of civil rights. Just as bad a the league deciding to segregate locker rooms. (yeah, before Trump gets any ideas, that's illegal too.)

Like I said, expect a restraining order before the season starts.

Zam 8)
By One Degree
Zamuel wrote:That are unconstitutional. A violation of civil rights. Just as bad a the league deciding to segregate locker rooms. (yeah, before Trump gets any ideas, that's illegal too.)

Like I said, expect a restraining order before the season starts.

Zam 8)

Probably like I said before, but it would be really stupid. The NFL may have a hard time surviving another season of protest. They have already signed for their billions from the media, but the players hopefully are smart enough to know they will be cutting their own throats for the future.
By Zamuel
One Degree wrote:The NFL may have a hard time surviving another season of protest.

Nah, the TV alone keeps em going. I think more people are avoiding the stadiums on the basis of crowds being attractive targets than due to "Kneeling."

Aren't baseball leagues suffering attendance drop too?

Zam
By One Degree
Zamuel wrote:Nah, the TV alone keeps em going. I think more people are avoiding the stadiums on the basis of crowds being attractive targets than due to "Kneeling."

Aren't baseball leagues suffering attendance drop too?

Zam

The NFL would not have created this rule unless the protests hurt them badly and they can see it is only going to get worse.
Ofcourse now they may face protests from the other side. Their allowing the initial protests created a no win situation for them. They were simply stupid to allow amateur political displays of any kind.
By Zamuel
One Degree wrote:They were simply stupid to allow amateur political displays of any kind.

So you would favor just dropping the Anthem playing then ?

Personally, I expect it was the $$$ that owns the TV broadcast applying pressure that brought about the "New Rule." They're always screwing with the PGA too. Public disaffection has more to do with the new "Concussion Reduction Rules" governing illegal hits, receptions, and kickoffs.

Zam
By One Degree
Zamuel wrote:So you would favor just dropping the Anthem playing then ?

Personally, I expect it was the $$$ that owns the TV broadcast applying pressure that brought about the "New Rule." They're always screwing with the PGA too. Public disaffection has more to do with the new "Concussion Reduction Rules" governing illegal hits, receptions, and kickoffs.

Zam

Personally I did not care originally whether they played it or not. It is now a focal point to prevent liberalism from destroying cultural standards. It has gone beyond the NFL and the anthem. They are just tools for a larger battle now.
By Hong Wu
The players have a right to protest, the viewers have a right to stop watching and the player's bosses have a right to react to that :D

Also, if PoFo would stop pretending that avatar requirements can make people more dignified, this would be my avatar :excited:

By Godstud
Blackjack21 wrote:They'll just watch MMA.
MMA's much more interesting than American football, anyhow.
Last edited by Godstud on 24 May 2018 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
By One Degree
Godstud wrote:MMA's much more interesting than American football, anyhow.

I did not write that.
By Finfinder
Godstud wrote:MMA's much more interesting than American football, anyhow.

In your opinion , the ratings say otherwise and besides you have "pay per view" to see any of the good fights.
By Zamuel
One Degree wrote:It is now a focal point to prevent liberalism from destroying cultural standards.

Like cops shooting unarmed blacks in the back … I agree.

Zam :eek:
By One Degree
Zamuel wrote:Like cops shooting unarmed blacks in the back … I agree.

Zam :eek:

List the times that has happened then place the number over 300,000,000 to get your lifetime odds.
I would be embarrassed to admit I fell for such flagrant sensationalized propaganda.
By Zamuel
One Degree wrote:List the times that has happened then place the number over 300,000,000 to get your lifetime odds.

There are 310,000,000 Americans at last count. Not 300,000,000.
They're not ALL black.
Neither am I.

I would be embarrassed to admit I fell for such flagrant sensationalized propaganda.

embarrassed yet?

Zam 8)
Zamuel wrote:There are 310,000,000 Americans at last count. Not 300,000,000.
They're not ALL black.
Neither am I.

embarrassed yet?

Zam 8)

So what? What is your point? Please list the number of unarmed Black Americans shot in the back by police.
Then compare it to something like death by bee sting or being hit by lightning. These are extremely rare acts that should be treated as individual acts and not a police conspiracy to kill Blacks. It is dishonest and no rational person should accept it.
By Zamuel
One Degree wrote:It is dishonest and no rational person should accept it.

So now NFL players "taking a knee" are irrational about a national anthem you'd just as soon wasn't played anyway … Keep going, maybe you'll strike oil.

Zam :lol:
By One Degree
Zamuel wrote:So now NFL players "taking a knee" are irrational about a national anthem you'd just as soon wasn't played anyway … Keep going, maybe you'll strike oil.

Depends on which kneelers. The liberal media kept trying to give them a common cause, but they never had one. The closest they came was it was simply opposition to Trump. Those who knelt because of police shootings were irrational because they obviously were confused by liberal biased statistics. The media danced around, like you are here, because their position was irrational. They couldn’t call it racism, even though they and you do, because most of the police officers were Black. The whole kneeling thing was a conflation of issues because no single issue holds up to scrutiny.
By Zamuel
One Degree wrote:Depends on which kneelers. The liberal media kept trying to give them a common cause, but they never had one. The closest they came was it was simply opposition to Trump.

Lets review:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder", referencing a series of events that led to the Black Lives Matter movement and adding that he would continue to protest until he feels like "[the American flag] represents what it's supposed to represent". In the 49ers' fourth and final preseason game of 2016, Kaepernick opted to kneel during the U.S. national anthem rather than sit as he did in their previous games. He explained his decision to switch was an attempt to show more respect to former and current U.S. military members while still protesting during the anthem after having a conversation with former NFL player and U.S. military veteran Nate Boyer. After the September 2016 police shootings of Terence Crutcher and Keith Lamont Scott, Kaepernick commented publicly on the shootings saying, "this is a perfect example of what this is about

As you can see, TRUMP had no part in Kaepernick's agenda. Cops on Blacks was just a "perfect example," not a specific issue. Other players joined to show solidarity and eventually to also protest the treatment of Kaepernick by the NFL. They shared a fairly specific platform, it did not involve Donald Trump until Trump involved himself in this issue.

Zam
By One Degree
Zamuel wrote:Lets review:

As you can see, TRUMP had no part in Kaepernick's agenda. Cops on Blacks was just a "perfect example," not a specific issue. Other players joined to show solidarity and eventually to also protest the treatment of Kaepernick by the NFL. They shared a fairly specific platform, it did not involve Donald Trump until Trump involved himself in this issue.

Zam

I am happy you agree with me that Kaepernick and others conflated the issues. (How is Black police officers shooting Black people a “perfect example”? He obviously was not aware of the facts.)
Which is the ‘specific platform’? Police shootings or racism? Conflating the two is not being ‘specific’.
By Zamuel
One Degree wrote:I am happy you agree with me that Kaepernick and others conflated the issues.

You seem to think that "conflation" is somehow a "Bad" thing … It simply means the combination of similar things (issues).

Which is the ‘specific platform’? Police shootings or racism? Conflating the two is not being ‘specific’.

In this case "Conflation" is "Comprehensive" It adds to the specificity of "Black Oppression" as invoked by Kaepernick. He wasn't complaining about the Gatorade.

Resorting to semantics to confuse the issue is an open sign of desperation. Stop huffing and puffing wolfy, it won't work.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

so American traitor Russell Bentley kidnapped and […]

I recently heard a video where Penn Jillette (w[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the White[…]