Many shot dead at Texas school. Another school shooting. Why? - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Zagadka wrote:So, the only sane option is to give every teacher a gun. Obviously.

There's no shortage of sensible solutions. This isn't a problem to be solved, it's just a stupid wedge issue for the political class to exploit. And yeah, better school security is an obvious solution.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I think actual solutions that would address the root causes of school shootings would require significant changes in mainstream US culture. Therefore, there will be no effective solutions for the foreseeable future.

That middle-class suburban kids are mass-murdering their peers... is a symptom of a much deeper malaise in "the school shooting on a hill."

More rules (less freedom) probably won't work. It's what got us where we are today.
Suntzu wrote:No they are not.
Support that with evidence. I highly doubt you can find that the schools and society are not trying fix this problem.

Children being killed in school shootings are not 'unicorns'. Could you try to be even more callous and uncaring, or is this as foul as you think you can get? :knife:

Drug deaths and suicides are not being done by other people with guns. The gun problem is not being addressed.
Godstud wrote:Support that with evidence. I highly doubt you can find that the schools and society are not trying fix this problem.

Children being killed in school shootings are not 'unicorns'. Could you try to be even more callous and uncaring, or is this as foul as you think you can get? :knife:

Drug deaths and suicides are not being done by other people with guns. The gun problem is not being addressed.

Yeah, dead kids killed by drugs are much different than dead kids killed by guns, not nearly as messy.
One is caused by themselves, and the other is caused by others. Those are also things that people are trying to prevent.

Those are differences that some people are incapable of understanding, apparently. :knife:
Suntzu wrote:How is a kid killed in school with a gun different than a kid killed at home with a gun?
Are you really that thick? One is at school and the other is not. How clear is that? The school is supposed to be a safe place for children to learn, not a free-fire zone.

Guns seem to be the problem, huh? Why don't people like you want to do anything about it?
Godstud wrote:Are you really that thick? One is at school and the other is not. How clear is that? The school is supposed to be a safe place for children to learn, not a free-fire zone.

Guns seem to be the problem, huh? Why don't people like you want to do anything about it?

Schools are safe places and homes are not, got it! I don't want to do anything about guns. I don't see them as a problem any more than automobiles are a problem. Remember, 40,000 were killed by cars last year. 8)
Godstud wrote:Except there are reasons, but no one gives a damn about dealing with those reasons because it infringes on an out-dated, and idiotic "right".

It's not outdated if you need to overthrow the government.

annatar1914 wrote:The right to revolt is neither out dated nor idiotic. And that's what the 2nd Amendment is really all about.

Godstud does what he's told, and he expects everyone else to as well.

Godstud wrote:The right to "revolt" is obsolete, and insignificant, in a country that's been in existence for 240+ years and has the ability to put down any revolt in mere seconds.

The US military doesn't have enough weapons to beat the people of the US.

Godstud wrote:The power to revolt comes from the people, not the weapons(of which the ones any citizens carry pale in comparison to the ones the military would carry to put down such a revolt). Sorry, but even an AR-15 won't protect you from a drone strike.

A drone strike by the US against its own citizenry would be the government signing its own death warrant.

Godstud wrote:Arab Spring in Egypt happened without firing a shot, because the people ALL took to the streets and the military refused to engage them.

Which is why the military wouldn't be loaded for bear against its own citizenry.

One Degree wrote:The obvious difference is the weakening of schools, churches, the family, and communities. Their ‘experiment’ in placing the individual above the community has been a failure, but they are not about to blame themselves. Blame guns that it is illogical to blame since they have always been present.

The funny part of it is that they are trying to get people whom they inculcated with "individual rights above all" to give something up for the "greater good."

Decky wrote:I can't wait until the US becomes a Spanish speaking nation and you can ruin their language instead of mine.

The lower class speaks Spanish or Ebonics. The middle and upper speak English.

Zamuel wrote:Lets quit pussyfooting around, obviously we need to arm the students themselves.

They should also have Kevlar vests.

Godstud wrote:Drugs and suicides are being addressed. The shooting are not, numpty.

It's already illegal to shoot a gun at school. The perpetrator was violating the rules. Can you believe it?

Suntzu wrote:No they are not. 125 times more suicides and you are worried about unicorn attacks. :lol:

There do seem to be much bigger problems that are not of interest to Godstud, who is a Canadian living under a military government in Thailand that expresses a great deal of passion about American domestic political issues.

Godstud wrote:I highly doubt you can find that the schools and society are not trying fix this problem.

Well, they are typically ignoring the socio-economic factors that caused the problems in the first place.

Godstud wrote:Why don't people like you want to do anything about it?

Maybe we should just make kids go to school in Canada.
Switzerland has never had a school shooting

Yes, but Switzerland is a tiny country. When the USA was a small country (13 colonies) it didnt have school shootings either.

As was mentionned earlier, big countries seem to be able to absorb these things, and even thrive on them.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]