Trump and Russiagate - Page 134 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
Unsurprisingly Russiagate has had many spinoffs as more and more of Donald's web of illegal and quasi legal activities are surfaced.

A law suit charging illegal contributions against the Donald J. Trump ("charitable")Foundation has been filed in New York. In addition to "contributions" made to assist Donald's election campaign is my favorite: $10,000 to $20,000 for a six foot tall picture of Donald The Great (below) hanging in one of his golf clubs :lol: .

Undoubtedly the rolls of kitchen paper that Donald tossed out to Puerto Rican hurricane victims was financed by his "charitable" foundation.

jimjam wrote:A law suit charging illegal contributions against the Donald J. Trump ("charitable")Foundation has been filed in New York.

Perhaps just another headline generator before the midterms and timed to hide the fact that Mueller has had to fire yet another one of his attorneys.

‘VIVA LE RESISTANCE’: MUELLER TEAM ATTORNEY SENT ANTI-TRUMP TEXTS
One thing is for sure: Mueller won't be heading up an HR departments after his government gig is over... :roll:
By jimjam
Trump's criminal exploits are clearly a moving target. Perhaps this portion of this thread can be subtitled "Foundationgate" :lol:

A lawsuit filed recently claimed that the Trump Foundation is “an empty shell”, with no employees and no oversight by its board of directors, which has not met for nearly 20 years. This has allowed Mr. Trump to run it “according to his whim, rather than the law.”

Two of many examples: In 2013, the foundation gave $25,000 to “And Justice for All,” a political organization supporting the re-election of Florida’s attorney general, Pam Bondi. But on its federal tax form, the foundation claimed that it did not contribute money to any political campaign, and that it had donated $25,000 to a Kansas-based nonprofit, Justice for All, even though it had not. The foundation later attributed the false report to an accounting error.

Did you get that? An "accounting error" …. :lol:

and

The largest reported donation the foundation has made — $264,631 — was used to refurbish the fountain in front of Mr. Trump’s Plaza Hotel in New York.
New York state's AG has filed a lawsuit against Trump's foundation, happens to do it on the same day the IG report comes out...

Trump has stated he won't settle this new lawsuit against him and his foundation. I'm sure it will be fun for them to explain in detail how their suit isn't politically motivated when they filed it today.
By Ter
jimjam wrote:The largest reported donation the foundation has made — $264,631 — was used to refurbish the fountain in front of Mr. Trump’s Plaza Hotel in New York.

This is a preposterous accusation !
Fountains are important things ! They embellish the view, allow people to quench their thirst and are refreshing on hot days. They don't come cheap but they are worth their money.
Hong Wu wrote:New York state's AG has filed a lawsuit against Trump's foundation, happens to do it on the same day the IG report comes out...

Yeah. We're not supposed to notice the part where the press is paying off FBI officials for leaks by buying them event tickets, dinner and drinks (plying them with alcohol to get info), access to exclusive parties, etc. If you don't work for the FBI, that's called "bribery." If you do work for the FBI, it's called "poor judgement."
By Hong Wu
blackjack21 wrote:Yeah. We're not supposed to notice the part where the press is paying off FBI officials for leaks by buying them event tickets, dinner and drinks (plying them with alcohol to get info), access to exclusive parties, etc. If you don't work for the FBI, that's called "bribery." If you do work for the FBI, it's called "poor judgement."

It's interesting in light of a certain Times reporter and a certain staffer from the Senate Intel community who were apparently sleeping with each other.
By jimjam
It looks as if Donald's former Campaign Chairman is now behind bars :eek: . Will we be treated with a picture of Mr. Manafort wearing cuffs :) ?

“I'm going to surround myself with the best people” — Donald J. Trump

Depending on how you define "best" it does seem as if birds of a feather do flock together.

jimjam predicts that Mr. Manafort will be described by Trump suck ups before the week is over as "coffee boy".

Michael Cohen on deck? (described by Donald as "not his lawyer" :lol: )…………..

Is anyone surprised at Donald's lack of loyalty toward his former partners in crime? How would you like to be "coffee boy" for this weirdo?
By jimjam
This just in: Trump said this morning, "Manafort had nothing to do with our campaign."

I love it! Donald's Campaign Chairman had nothing to do with his campaign :lol: :lol: .

What's next? A replay of "I'm not a crook"?
By Sivad
blackjack21 wrote:Perhaps just another headline generator before the midterms

We're definitely going to know for sure whether or not they actually have anything on Trump in the next couple of months. These midterms are crucial to the deep state's survival, if the dems don't take over congress the deep state is in deep shit so they'll definitely being throwing everything they got at Trump this election cycle. Some might think they would wait until 2020 to drop the big bombs but if the situation keeps unraveling at this rate for them they don't have until 2020 to get control of it. They need a friendly congress that'll put the kibosh on the House investigation and help whitewash their malfeasance by destroying Trump and his administration.
Last edited by Sivad on 15 Jun 2018 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
jimjam wrote:This just in: Trump said this morning, "Manafort had nothing to do with our campaign."

I love it! Donald's Campaign Chairman had nothing to do with his campaign :lol: :lol: .

What's next? A replay of "I'm not a crook"?

I just read an NBC article listing everything Trump said and this was not in it. When did he say this?
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:I just read an NBC article listing everything Trump said and this was not in it. When did he say this?

"Who's lied more than Comey?" Asks Fat Donny.

Ahhhh, Fat Donny?
jimjam wrote:https://youtu.be/TgoHX87ifw8

Ah, I avoid videos as news sources which is why I probably missed it.
49 days is not very long to become part of a campaign. Iffy comment, but not totally unreasonable.
Manafort joined the Trump campaign on March 29, 2016, when he was named campaign convention manager for the Republican Party's mid-July gathering in Cleveland. Manafort was promoted to campaign chairman and chief strategist on May 19, effectively taking full command at that point. He quit/was fired August 20, 2016.

153 days. There's lie 1.
By jimjam
Stormsmith wrote:Manafort joined the Trump campaign on March 29, 2016, when he was named campaign convention manager for the Republican Party's mid-July gathering in Cleveland. Manafort was promoted to campaign chairman and chief strategist on May 19, effectively taking full command at that point. He quit/was fired August 20, 2016.

153 days. There's lie 1.

Let's not jump to conclusions here. Manafort may have just been hanging out and not doing anything.

Lies? I never thought Bill Clinton's "I didn't inhale" could ever be beat but Donald beats it on almost a daily basis.
jimjam wrote:It looks as if Donald's former Campaign Chairman is now behind bars :eek:

And a danger to nobody, and convicted of nothing. Yet, Hillary Clinton is free as a bird...

jimjam wrote:Is anyone surprised at Donald's lack of loyalty toward his former partners in crime?

Trump is the kingfish. He's the one to whom loyalty is owed. At any rate, people who share your sentiments started flipping out when Giuliani mentioned pardoning Manafort. Politically, I don't think that is as untenable now as it was 6 months ago. It's increasingly clear that Mueller's team was staffed entirely by anti-Trump partisans.

jimjam wrote:I love it! Donald's Campaign Chairman had nothing to do with his campaign :lol: :lol: .

He's talking about the charges against Manafort, jimjam. You might want to consider switching to decaf. The charges surrounding Manafort date back to 2012, long before the Trump campaign--and should be outside the scope of an independent counsel investigating collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. In other words, Mueller has nothing.

Sivad wrote:They need a friendly congress that'll put the kibosh on the House investigation and help whitewash their malfeasance by destroying Trump and his administration.

I think it goes without saying that Devin Nunes has revealed more about the inner workings of the deep state than anyone in Washington, and it's getting worse for them. I've said for years now that the press were getting paid off and paying people off--essentially indistinguishable from spies. People always characterize that as conspiracy theories, but when it comes from the IG's office, it pretty much spells doom for their reputation.
By Zamuel
Manafort is a "deadus duckus" and is now languishing in a jail cell. To put it mildly he doesn't like it. In a week or two it's going to sink in that this is what he can expect for the next 10 - 20 years. If he is going to break, this realization is probably what will do it.

He was in at the beginning of any "collusion" and likely provided the introductions from amongst his extensive catalog of Russian contacts. If this is so, he is uniquely positioned to implicate Trump personally. Should he do so, Trump becomes the second "deadus duckus." We can only wait and see.

How do you suppose he likes Jail food?

Zam ;)
In case you haven’t noticed
No evidence of “Russian interference in the 2016 US presidential election” has yet been presented. And we still await even a believable explanation of how the supposedly advanced American nation of 138 million voters could be so crucially influenced by a bunch of simplistic, often-crude, postings on Facebook and elsewhere on the Internet.

In May, the House Intelligence Committee began releasing the text of numerous of these postings as evidence of Russian interference. The postings dealt with both sides of many issues, including football players who knelt during the national anthem to bring attention to issues of racism, and pro- and anti-Trump and Clinton messages. Most did not even mention Trump or Clinton; and many were sent out before Trump was even a candidate.

So what did any of this have to do with swaying the result of the election? The committee did not say. However, Cong. Adam Schiff (Calif.), the top Democrat on the committee, stated: “They sought to harness Americans’ very real frustrations and anger over sensitive political matters in order to influence American thinking, voting and behavior. The only way we can begin to inoculate ourselves against a future attack is to see first-hand the types of messages, themes and imagery the Russians used to divide us.”

Aha! So that’s it, dividing us! Imagine that – the American people, whom we all know are living in blissful harmony and fraternity without any noticeable anger or hatred toward each other, would become divided! Damn those Russkis!

Many of the Facebook postings were done well after the presidential election. That alone should have made the congressmen think that perhaps the ads had nothing to do with the US election, but that is not what they wanted to think.

This all lends credence to the suggestion that what actually lay behind the events was a so-called “click-bait” scheme wherein certain individuals earned money based on the number of times a particular website is accessed. The mastermind behind this scheme is reported to be a Russian named Yevgeny Prigozhin of the Internet Research Agency of St. Petersburg, which is referred to by the House committee as “Kremlin-sponsored”, without explanation.

The organization has been named in an indictment issued by special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigating committee, but as the Washington Post reported: “The indictment does not accuse the Russian government of any involvement in the scheme, nor does it claim that it succeeded in swaying any votes.”

In the new Cold War, as in the old one, the powers-that-be in America seldom miss an opportunity to make Russia look bad, even to the point of farce. Evidence is no longer required. Accusation is sufficient.
https://williamblum.org/aer/read/158

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]