Trumps separating Central American children from their parents. Is this acceptable? - Page 13 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Sivad wrote:

No, you're all bad people. Being good people isn't a very realistic goal for most of us, I just shoot for not being part of the problem. Not being part of the problem isn't good or bad, it's just not making things worse. Democrats and Republicans are the problem.

Sure I agree with you if you change the context my reply to Zag.

Rancid wrote:This is plan evil basically. Nothing more can be said about it.

So Trump gets credit for bringing this long standing issue to the forefront.

Lets see if the Democrats shut down the government again.
Coulter brought up a fabulous point today:

She continued, “A New Yorker article … not a conservative publication, they describe how these kids, these kids are being coached. They’re given scripts to read by liberals, according to the New Yorker. Don’t fall for the actor children.”

A report by the New York Times states, “In many cases, officials said, migrant children have been coached on what to say to make fraudulent claims for asylum.”

Breitbart

It's not a point that people like talking about, but, objectively speaking, they would be fools to not coach their children meticulously on what to say and what general direction to go in while they are filing for their "asylum."

The liberal media would like nothing more than to weaponize these narratives against conservatives. And I don't blame them for that. It seems natural.
It is a Trump policy, and not an Obama one. Pretend all you want but it's not factual in any way.

What you need to know about the Trump administration’s zero-tolerance immigration policy
There is no law mandating the separation of families, contrary to Trump’s claims.

However, the Trump administration has introduced a "zero-tolerance" policy calling for the prosecution of all individuals who illegally enter the United States.

This policy has the effect of separating parents from their children when they enter the country together, because parents are referred for prosecution and the children are placed in the custody of a sponsor, such as a relative or foster home, or held in a shelter.

More than 650 children were separated from their parents during a two-week period in May as a result of the new approach being implemented.

As the Trump administration argues, referring immigrants for prosecution is not new policy. But prior administrations did not enforce the practice the way Trump has.

Before Trump came into office, families were detained together, sent back immediately or paroled into the country, said Peter Margulies, an immigration law and national security law professor at Roger Williams University School of Law. Now, prosecution is happening across the board and has become the uniform policy.
"The policy has ramped up substantially with the new administration," Margulies said. "Making that a staple of immigration policy is a new feature."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... tions-zer/

Breitbart is a pretty unreliable source, @Verv. They're extremely right-wing and pro-Trump. They also lie a lot.
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/breitbart/
Godstud wrote:It is a Trump policy, and not an Obama one. Pretend all you want but it's not factual in any way.

I agree, Obama had a completely different perspective.

"the Trump administration has introduced a "zero-tolerance" policy calling for the prosecution of all individuals who illegally enter the United States. This policy has the effect of separating parents from their children."

This is PURE TRUMP, and it's hurting him already.

Trump's family separation policy has Republicans starting to panic about 2018
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/18/politics/family-separations-2018-midterms-republicans-trump/index.html

"Jeff Sessions could change this today," Texas Rep. Will Hurd, one of the most outspoken Republican critics of the Trump administration's policy, said on CNN Monday.

"Neither party should want to separate kids from their parents," California Rep. Jeff Denham, another endangered Republican, said on CNN hours later.

Their responses underscore the challenge facing the GOP in November's midterm elections: The party's base is still loyal to Trump and animated by the hardline anti-immigration platform he ran on. But the images of children separated from their parents and kept in cages near the border -- beyond humanitarian concerns -- are the makings of a political disaster just five months from election day. (click the URL for more details.)

It seems "Texas Teddy" Cruz is introducing a bill immediately to end family separation.

Zam :smokin:
SpecialOlympian wrote:Yes, Republicans are terrible people. For example, they purposely separate children from their families. That is a thing bad people do. Doing bad things makes you a bad person. Therefore it's not difficult to come to the obvious conclusion: Republicans are bad.

Child protective services does this all the time. Family courts (kind of a misnomer) break up families all the time. I wonder why Democrats suddenly got interested in family values, but only for illegal aliens.

Zagadka wrote:I don't know what you read, but I clearly just said that it is objectively horrible, whoever did it.

It's no different than boarding school. No bid deal really.

SpecialOlympian wrote:I don't know what you read, but I clearly just said that it is objectively horrible, whoever did it.

He was just inspired by Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. They should all get the Elián González treatment and sent back to their home country. Where's that foul lesbian Janet Reno when you need her? Oh...shit. She died 1 day before Trump got elected. Ha! What a riot.

Zamuel wrote:This is PURE TRUMP, and it's hurting him already.

Totally awesome! Trump Job Approval (Weekly)
That's where he needs to be to get re-elected. Satisfaction With U.S. Direction Reaches 12-Year High

Send 'em all back home! Build the wall!
My favorite part of the thread is Godstud presenting a Politifact link to warn or inform me of the "biases" of Breitbart. This is certainly rich.

Like an article that clearly cites the opinions of Coulter was even being passed off as bias free.

There's also something happening throughout the West, Godstud.

We have become exceedingly polarized. It is impossible for anyone to view the news sources of their opponents and think of them as not biased because we basically want to discuss different subjects within the same topics with a different meta as opposed to discussing the same subjects in the same topics with the same meta. It is utterly impossible for us to be "bias free."

Bias free is an illusion and while it might be useful for you when you discuss politics with your apolitical Aunt & Uncle, it isn't very useful to invoke these words among people who care about politics.
Even fact checking is fake news to you alt-right wingers, now. :roll: :knife: :knife: :knife:
Grow up!

Trump's Zero Tolerance Policy is the problem, and not what Obama or other guys did before him. This NEW.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2 ... -jeopardy/

How Trump's zero-tolerance policy differs from the ways Bush and Obama treated immigrant families
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/immigra ... t-families

But hey, don't let FACTS get in the way of your idiotic beliefs!!! :roll:
Godstud wrote:Even fact checking is fake news to you alt-right wingers, now. :roll: :knife: :knife: :knife:

It's all fake news, Godstud. We know they all coordinate to put forward the illusion of some novel "issue" or whatever. It's all manufactured. Nobody believes it anymore.

Godstud wrote:Trump's Zero Tolerance Policy is the problem, and not what Obama or other guys did before him. This NEW.

It's a problem if you are an illegal immigrant. It is not a problem if you are not an illegal immigrant. I am a citizen of the United States. I have no problem with this at all. That is because I am not breaking the law or trying to enter another country illegally or on false pretences.

Godstud wrote:How Trump's zero-tolerance policy differs from the ways Bush and Obama treated immigrant families

Who cares? As long as he's working on sealing the border and kicking out illegal aliens, he's doing good.

Godstud wrote:But hey, don't let FACTS get in the way of your idiotic beliefs!!! :roll:

The fact is that they are illegally crossing our borders. Buh bye!!!
I honestly find it interesting that you keep repeating these lines, Godstud, like it is enhancing the general back & forth of the Forum.

All it is doing is prolonging a bad exchange...

What would actually be interesting to discuss is bias itself.

You could perhaps try to explain why your sources aren't biased and ours are.

You know, mount an argument, as they say.
Godstud wrote:@blackjack21 Your lies are transparent, and your arguments without substance.

The laws of the United States are transparent, and substantive. If you enter the United States illegally, you may be arrested. If your children are with you, you will go to jail to await trial and your children will be placed in foster care or treated as a ward of the state. There is nothing about what I've said here that is dishonest.

It seems to make people who oppose this policy whine a lot.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Trump gets credit for forcibly separating children from the families for no readily discernible benefit or reason. He is a genuine monster who steals children.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oex20hQeQp4 No, […]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O