"Jews are smartest race in the world and superior humans", Israeli Lawmaker claims - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Suntzu wrote:Wasn't Einstein a Jew?

Since his teacher was a Greek, I believe that settles it... :excited:

Einstein wrote:“You ask me to answer to all sorts of questions, but noone has ever wanted to know who was my teacher, who showed me the way to the higher mathematical science, thought and research. I simply say that my teacher was the unrivalled Greek Konstantinos Karatheodoris, to whom we owe everything…”

“I consider your derivative as excellent.. at first I was misled by a slight error in the second page. But know, I understand everything. You should publish the theory in this form in Αnnalen der Physik since physicists know nothing on this subject, neither do I. […] If you would like to unfold regular transformations, I would be a conscious and grateful listener. If you could also solve the problem of closed timelines, then I would kneel to you. […] A. Einstein”
Ashkenazi Jews are the most intelligent ethnic group though. However, that is not a sign of superiority. Furthermore, there is an underlying political motivation for doing so. It has the joint purpose of fostering nationalism and justifying any endeavors made by Israel, despite their moral repulsiveness.

@One Degree

Ethnic nationalism is completely different from actual nationalism. Ethnic nationalism by it's nature is exclusionary, instilling the view that it is the state vs the world (including allies) and making everyone else who is outside of the ethnic group to be an enemy or someone to be suspicious towards despite how integrated they are within the confines of that nation's culture. Nationalism was commonly about the superiority of a particular state's culture, achievements, development, and power not about the superiority of it's major ethnic group. Such nationalism only became common place after the early 19th century (in the context of America, earlier than that). Political correctness had no play in it's dissolution. Rather, the failure of Nazi Germany and fascism contributed to it's decline. It was ethnic nationalism's own hubris which lead to it's demise and thus will be the result with Israel unless it gets it's shit together.

@ThirdTerm

Miki Zohar who claimed that "the entire Jewish race is the highest human capital, the smartest, the most comprehending" is half Moroccan and half Tunisian.

So? This apparently means that your theory is right and that Arabs also admit it? Because this one guy said so? I don't disagree with you, simply that this part of your post is unnecessary and doesn't support your point. Furthermore, Moroccan isn't a race and so isn't Tunisian.
The last part is an unscientific joke to put this guy down. Miki Zohar is a Mizrahi Jew who should not be boasting about the high IQ of Ashkenazi Jews. Most prominent members of the Likud Party are Russian Jews and the Likud has eclipsed the immigrants' parties among Russian-speaking voters.

Zohar was born and raised in Kiryat Gat. His father Eli was an immigrant from Morocco and his mother Dina was from Tunisia. Zohar served in the Israel Defense Forces and reached the rank of Sergeant. He then studied law, gaining an LLB from the College of Law and Business and an MA from Bar-Ilan University, and worked in real estate. He became chairman of Maccabi Kiryat Gat basketball club in 2004, serving until 2014. In 2005 he was elected to Kiryat Gat City Council. He was elected head of the city's Likud list in 2013, and became Deputy Mayor.

Prior to the 2015 Knesset elections he was placed 22nd on the Likud list,[1] a slot reserved for a candidate from the Negev area.[2] He was elected to the Knesset as Likud won 30 seats.[3]

Zohar is married to Yamit, who also works in real estate, and has four children.
@ThirdTerm

^This is proof that ethnic nationalism only divides, not unites. The idea that only a specific ethnic group has a right to speak about the achievements of their own ethnicity despite being part of the same nation is ridiculous. This hatred for immigrants of the same ethnicity goes to show how utterly exclusive ethnic nationalism is.
@Oxymandias
Israel is rather unique when it comes to determining ethnic nationalism or nationalism. Any nationalistic statement can be interpreted as ethnic nationalism, but it does not make it so.
Ethnic nationalism doesn’t really both me much either. I have no objections to an autonomous group of people believing their group is superior as long as they don’t export the view.
It is not any different than any other artificial method of feeling superior. We just decided it was. It is something people need for community cohesion. No different than two sports teams believing their players are the greatest. It’s not a problem unless they take it so seriously they harm others because of it.

I though Koreans always won the IQ contest.
@One Degree

Israel is rather unique when it comes to determining ethnic nationalism or nationalism. Any nationalistic statement can be interpreted as ethnic nationalism, but it does not make it so.

The definition of ethnic nationalism is "a nation whose defined by a common language, shared, faith, and common ethnic ancestry". Israel went as far as to revive a language which had been dead for centuries, prevented Palestinians from converting to Judaism, and preventing intermarrying of Palestinians and Jews solely to maintain those ideals. That is ethnic nationalism at it's finest.

Ethnic nationalism doesn’t really both me much either. I have no objections to an autonomous group of people believing their group is superior as long as they don’t export the view.

I agree. Difference is that Israel is no such nation. They already used such a justification before this thread has come to light, in regards to justify their own crimes committed against Palestinians. You may think that such attacks on Palestinians is warranted, but you certainly agree that there is other justifications outside of merely ethnic superiority. There is no reason for Israel to justify it's actions based on it's ethnic superiority/purity yet despite this, it does so anyways. It gives you a good hard look as to exactly what Israel values and what Israel's intentions may be in the future.

It is not any different than any other artificial method of feeling superior. We just decided it was. It is something people need for community cohesion. No different than two sports teams believing their players are the greatest. It’s not a problem unless they take it so seriously they harm others because of it.

The big issue with ethnic nationalism is that it often always results in an aggressive and isolationist state. We have plenty of examples of strict single ethnicity states, and they are all both authoritarian, aggressive, and isolationist. The only naturally occurred ethnically homogeneous state that has existed in history is Japan, and they have become an ethnically homogeneous state by systematically committing genocide against their neighbors, implementing totalitarian social laws which severely punishes you even for the lightest deviations, creating a class whose solely reason for existence is for being oppressed (Burakumin), and was so isolationist that it had to forced to even have contact with the outside world by an external power. Then, when it began to practice imperialism, Japan partook in several war crimes that would make Nazi Germany blush. Does the word "Rape of Nanking" come to mind?

I though Koreans always won the IQ contest.

Korea has the highest average IQ of any country. Jews are the most intelligent ethnic group.
noemon wrote:
Since his teacher was a Greek, I believe that settles it... :excited:

Oy vey... I'm starting to realise that Greeks have even worse insecurity problems than Jews.

random rational person "Oh, I love that actor."
danholo: "Btw, he's Jewish."
random rational person: "Ah, ok. So?"
noemon: "He was trained by a Greek! Acting is a Greek invention. (I don't ride on the false glory of my ancestors!)"
:D
The hilarious bit is that you are bothered by it acting like your thunder has been stolen but then talk about insecurity issues. :lol:

I would say that Greeks have marketing issues rather than other issues. ;)

For the record, your analogy fails because Karatheodory did not merely train Einstein but he provided the mathematical proof to many of his theories. And that's why you are so bothered I assume. Einstein writing that "he shall kneel before him"...is that too painful to read? It also fails for other reasons cause that's not how it went down but I guess you know that already.
Asians seem to win the I.Q. battle as the number of Asians students in Ivy League colleges far outstrips their percentage of the population, something on the order of 20% while they make up less than 5% of the population. On the other hand Blacks make up around 13% of the population and make up around 5% of Ivy League students.
I don’t think you can correlate IQ with college attendance anymore. The numbers of college graduates pretty much makes it statistically impossible that it requires a high IQ. If 50% of people attend college then every single person with an IQ over 100 had to attend college. Not likely.
One Degree wrote:I don’t think you can correlate IQ with college attendance anymore. The numbers of college graduates pretty much makes it statistically impossible that it requires a high IQ. If 50% of people attend college then every single person with an IQ over 100 had to attend college. Not likely.

You can certainly correlate acceptance to Ivy League schools to high I.Q. They generally only take the top 1 - 2% unless you can catch a football.
Suntzu wrote:You can certainly correlate acceptance to Ivy League schools to high I.Q. They generally only take the top 1 - 2% unless you can catch a football.

http://www.iqmindware.com/blog/the-bell ... ve-elites/

I was surprised to see this is true apparently. Average college IQ has remained 111-113. Ivy League jumped from 120 to 140. The latter makes more sense than the former with greater attendance rates. ?
@Suntzu

Based on my experience it is quite the opposite.

Those who aren't smart or have insecurities about their intelligence often hail IQ as the greatest thing to ever land on the face of the earth. Those who are smart, don't value it as much. Many smart people would rather not have their accomplishments be tied solely to chance.
One degree said: Such statements were expected expressions of patriotism before political correctness. Reasonable people still accept hos comment as simply that.

This pretty much sums it up. It was the mostly meaningless hyperbole common to most politicians.

(Except Winston Churchill who was always right.)

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]