US quits UN human rights council for Israel - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

JohnRawls wrote:This complain is legit, in a sense Israel is getting ganged on in the UN. Do not get me wrong, Israel does violate human rights but so do the palestenians. UN mostly blames ISrael though which is not a way to reach a solution to the conflict.

Since the Islamic world doesn't get the concept of human rights (they're just utilizing it) they don't agree that a Palestinian can commit human rights violation. You can see how Turkey and Syria is accusing their adversaries (Kurds or Sunnis) in "terrorism" while championing the Palestinian terrorism.

In the Islamized UNHRC, terrorism is understood as motive not as action. The humanitarian laws and war rules are not entitles to the Arab and Islamic just jihad.
JohnRawls wrote:This complain is legit, in a sense Israel is getting ganged on in the UN. Do not get me wrong, Israel does violate human rights but so do the palestenians. UN mostly blames ISrael though which is not a way to reach a solution to the conflict.

Pretty much yes. Finally this is coming up. I think Israel could take critique more seriously if it wasn't singled out so much.

In the Islamized UNHRC, terrorism is understood as motive not as action. The humanitarian laws and war rules are not entitles to the Arab and Islamic just jihad.

A world where one side can 'commit' no wrong. The enemy are human rights violators while the victims are just reacting to injustice. :excited:
danholo wrote:Pretty much yes. Finally this is coming up. I think Israel could take critique more seriously if it wasn't singled out so much.

A world where one side can 'commit' no wrong. The enemy are human rights violators while the victims are just reacting to injustice. :excited:

The situation is more complicated now. If it was the 80s or 70s i would agree with the top statement. But now, Israels elite has a messiah complex. They are the ubermench while even Europeans/Americans are considered untermench in some cases.(Not to mention Arabs, who are the lowest of the low for them) Even if balance is restored in the UNHC Israel will still complain that they did nothing wrong.

Basically rhetoric has been over radicalized for some time now.
Of course the United States is quitting the UNCHR, the United States detains people without charge, and without trial. The United States indulges in torture, its president is happy for the US to indulge in torture.

The United States forcibly separates children from parents, of course the US is quitting the UNCHR.

But next time some nasty extremist Islamist terror group does something terrible to an American citizen, remember that you cannot turn around and say "its wrong to do that" because you do not set an example.
starman2003 wrote:Like so much else this decision mirrors the power of the pro-Israel bunch in this country. Would the US have withdrawn if there was bias against Iran, Venezuela, or Cuba?

Does it really matter to deal with hypothetical scenarios? The fact is one country is being singled out and Iran, Cuba and Venezuela are the small, insignificant and insecure bullies. I'm sure it's quite off-putting when somebody calls you out on your hypocrisy yet, not matter what, they keep on blaming others for their incompetence.
To be honest with you I always felt the UNHRC is an ultimately useless politically body anyway....

Never seen this group as nessecery. No one ever listens to such token corrupt Secular authorities on human rights.

Just more proof the UN has become way too bureaucratic.
Never seen this group as nessecery. No one ever listens to such token corrupt Secular authorities on human rights.

The genius of Islamic propaganda is the multi organs campaign. They are not just pushing their gigantic hate propaganda in UNHRC, UNESCO and other UN organizations but they are spreading in grass roots level too (see BDS thread).
starman2003 wrote:
And that warrants a US withdrawal? Israel is singled out alright, as virtually the top priority for the US.

No. It warrants the entire dissolving of the body.

I don't understand how you guys are so terrified about this. The UNHRC protects human rights in name only.
danholo wrote:No. It warrants the entire dissolving of the body.

I don't understand how you guys are so terrified about this. The UNHRC protects human rights in name only.

We should dissolve the EU because it forces Israel to label products from the occupied territories, we should dissolve the UNHRC because it criticises Israel for keeping Palestinians under a 6 decade occupation and refusing them citizenship rights. Not even North Korea, Iran and Venezuela do that. We should dissolve ourselves next because our presence is offensive. :knife:

Is there anything else we should dissolve danholo to make you feel more comfortable with your ongoing broad daylight ethnic-cleansing in the Palestinian territories?

Trump jerking off Netanyahu along with his other stuff has polarised the issues so much that it shall become a matter of honour for the next US administrations to undo him and his legacy. You are betting on the wrong horse and for no reason, the UNHRC will not stop passing resolutions and Israel will not stop ignoring them anyway.
Pure Arab propaganda. Israel left Gaza completely in 2005. Their interest is to to use the "occupation" card for propaganda manipulative use because they don't believe in any piece of Israel as entitled to Jews. They call the close border with Israel as "open air prison", as if Israel owe to these sworn jihadi enemies something. They have a rout to Egypt. If it's close too it's their problem. In the West Bank there is also an agreemet that pulled out the Israeli forces. There is no occupation, just predictable failed state of a fictional people who can't manage itself.
Last edited by noir on 21 Jun 2018 13:14, edited 2 times in total.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

About Vietnam, we're talking about Ike, JFK, LBJ,[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]

In other news ... According to his lawyers, Trum[…]