Trump and Russiagate - Page 138 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
jimjam wrote:Be real! I suspect it means a lot if the rest of the world tells you to go fuck yourself and you experience economic degradation.

The US has been running a trade deficit with these countries. They cannot afford to tell the US to fuck off. That's just the point. Now, they may have presumed that Trump would be no different from Obama, Bush, Clinton, et. al. China has found out that this is not the case. If Germany starts finding that out, they will be in trouble as I've already elucidated given that they export 50% of their nation's GDP.

jimjam wrote:Bill Gates says that Donald Trump asked him not once, but twice, what the difference between HIV and HPV is. :lol:

If Trump doesn't ask questions, you characterize him as a dullard devoid of curiosity. If he asks questions, you presume he's stupid. Either way he ends up stupid in your book, which doesn't make Trump stupid but rather makes you pathological.

jimjam wrote:And what Trump is trying to do is undermine that system, making bullying great again.

Trump believes in bi-lateral rather than multilateral agreements. So it's obvious that he's going to undermine a multilateral system if he can.

jimjam wrote:What’s his motivation? Part of the answer is that anything that weakens the Western alliance helps Vladimir Putin; if Trump isn’t literally a Russian agent, he certainly behaves like one on every possible occasion

Undermining a relationship between Germany and Russia does not serve Russia's interest. As I have already explained, I'm not afraid of Russia. It has a GDP the size of Germany's annual exports.

jimjam wrote:Trump won’t take yes for an answer. He doesn’t want negotiations with our allies and trading partners to succeed; he wants them to fail. And by the time everyone realizes this, the damage may be irreversible.

The damage to whom or what?

Beren wrote:However, in the good old days no one could have imagined Mao bribing Nixon into summiting with Kim Il-sung, praising him and giving him concessions for nothing.

:/ Weird. Nixon opened up diplomatic relations with China. It wasn't the other way around. Xi Jinping isn't bribing Trump. In fact, Trump has imposed billions of dollars of tariffs on China.
By Beren
blackjack21 wrote::/ Weird. Nixon opened up diplomatic relations with China. It wasn't the other way around. Xi Jinping isn't bribing Trump. In fact, Trump has imposed billions of dollars of tariffs on China.

Nixon opened up diplomatic relations with China indeed, but not because he could make lucrative personal businesses with the Chinese in exchange. The tariffs are a different issue. Trump can't sell out the presidency completely, that has limits too, but summiting with Kim, praising him and giving him petty concessions for nothing doesn't hurt vital US interests. As president he can make such barnstorming.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:The US has been running a trade deficit with these countries. They cannot afford to tell the US to fuck off. That's just the point. Now, they may have presumed that Trump would be no different from Obama, Bush, Clinton, et. al. China has found out that this is not the case. If Germany starts finding that out, they will be in trouble as I've already elucidated given that they export 50% of their nation's GDP.

If Trump doesn't ask questions, you characterize him as a dullard devoid of curiosity. If he asks questions, you presume he's stupid. Either way he ends up stupid in your book, which doesn't make Trump stupid but rather makes you pathological.

Trump believes in bi-lateral rather than multilateral agreements. So it's obvious that he's going to undermine a multilateral system if he can.

Undermining a relationship between Germany and Russia does not serve Russia's interest. As I have already explained, I'm not afraid of Russia. It has a GDP the size of Germany's annual exports.

The damage to whom or what?

:/ Weird. Nixon opened up diplomatic relations with China. It wasn't the other way around. Xi Jinping isn't bribing Trump. In fact, Trump has imposed billions of dollars of tariffs on China.

Myself and the folks depicted below respectfully disagree …...

By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:Merkel has hated Trump from the get-go, so he's just upbraiding her at every opportunity

I think the Trump being Trump charm offensive would have been far more effective:

"I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.”
jimjam wrote:I think the Trump being Trump charm offensive would have been far more effective:

"I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.”

I understand people getting upset when they believe he lies, but why should you be upset by him telling the truth? Do you really doubt what he said is true?
By Beren
Yahoo News wrote:12 Russians accused of hacking Democrats in 2016 US election

ERIC TUCKER, Associated Press•July 13, 2018

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department announced charges Friday against 12 Russian intelligence officers for hacking offenses during the 2016 presidential election.

The indictments were announced Friday by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein as part of the ongoing special counsel probe into potential coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia.

The Russians are accused of hacking into the computer networks of the Democratic National Committee, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and the presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton, and then releasing stolen emails on the internet in the months before the election.

"The internet allows foreign adversaries to attack Americans in new and unexpected ways," Rosenstein said. "Free and fair elections are hard-fought and contentious and there will always be adversaries who work to exacerbate domestic differences and try to confuse, divide and conquer us."

Before Friday, 20 people and three companies had been charged in the Mueller investigation. That includes four former Trump campaign and White House aides and 13 Russians accused of participating in a hidden but powerful social media campaign to sway American public opinion in the 2016 election.

Rosenstein, who said he had briefed President Donald Trump on the indictment, said there was no allegation that the hacking altered any vote count or that any Americans were knowingly in communication with any of the Russian officers.

Right before Trump's meeting with Putin. :D
Last edited by Beren on 13 Jul 2018 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Russian hacking = “here’s a suspicious email, I think I will reply to it.” And “twitter stuff”.
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:Russian hacking = “here’s a suspicious email, I think I will reply to it.” And “twitter stuff”.

Hey! How did you get access to Mueller's evidence? :?:
Beren wrote:Right before Trump's meeting with Putin. :D

Right, which sort of telegraphs that there is nothing independent about the independent counsel. It's a political operation, and has been from the inception.

jimjam wrote:Hey! How did you get access to Mueller's evidence? :?:

Mueller has evidence? As far as I know, no law enforcement agency has done a forensic analysis on the DNC's server. It's very likely, unless they have a back up image, that they have already destroyed the evidence that would establish that their server was actually hacked by anyone.
By Beren
blackjack21 wrote:Right, which sort of telegraphs that there is nothing independent about the independent counsel. It's a political operation, and has been from the inception.

As an anti-Kremlin operation it's definitely political.
By jimjam
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said, referring to emails Mrs. Clinton had deleted from the private account she had used when she was secretary of state. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

As it turns out, that same day, the Russians — whether they had tuned in or not — made their first effort to break into the servers used by Mrs. Clinton’s personal office, according to a sweeping 29-page indictment unsealed Friday by the special counsel’s office that charged 12 Russians with election hacking.

But the indictment did offer some clues about what happened, implying that the hacking had occurred later on the day Mr. Trump issued his invitation. He made the statement around 10:30 a.m. July 27 at his golf course in Doral, Fla. It was late afternoon in Russia.

“For example, on or about July 27, 2016, the conspirators attempted after-hours to spearphish for the first time email accounts at a domain hosted by a third-party provider and used by Clinton’s personal office,” according to the indictment, referring to spearphishing, a common tactic used to target email accounts.

The indictment said that on the same day, Russians began an effort to target 76 Clinton campaign email accounts.

The implication here is pretty major. Mueller is establishing that Guccifer was a GRU front. In other words, those who were communicating with Guccifer in the GOP orbit regarding the release of information damaging to the DNC and HRC were actually communicating with Russian intelligence services.

This is becoming more interesting by the hour :hmm:
Last edited by jimjam on 14 Jul 2018 03:58, edited 1 time in total.
Beren wrote:Nixon opened up diplomatic relations with China indeed, but not because he could make lucrative personal businesses with the Chinese in exchange. The tariffs are a different issue. Trump can't sell out the presidency completely, that has limits too, but summiting with Kim, praising him and giving him petty concessions for nothing doesn't hurt vital US interests. As president he can make such barnstorming.

Actually, Nixon didn't open up diplomatic relations with China, that was us. Nixon was so pissed he called the PM and told him to cancel the trip so Nixon could claim the credit. The PM had been to China before, and told Nixon he wasn't going to cancel his upcoming trip, full stop. That PM was Pierre Elliott Trudeau, father of Handsome Justin. 8)
By jimjam
Here's what Donald has to say about the recent news about the Russian cyber war on America:

“The stories you heard about the 12 Russians yesterday took place during the Obama Administration, not the Trump Administration,” the president wrote on Twitter. “Why didn’t they do something about it, especially when it was reported that President Obama was informed by the FBI in September, before the Election?”

Um ….. That's very nice Donald but perhaps more pertinent is the question of why, over a year and a half later, have you done nothing to protect America from attacks by a hostile power? This appears to be a dereliction of your presidential duty to protect America bordering on treason.

But, then, we would not want to offend Vladimir. On the one hand we have a respected prosecutor handing down indictments against 12 Russians for hacking the 2016 election. On the other hand Putin told Trump that Russia wasn't involved. Who should we believe?

“Every time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn’t do that,’ and I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it,” Mr. Trump said of Mr. Putin, after the two spoke in Vietnam last November. “I think he is very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country.” :eek:
Last edited by jimjam on 14 Jul 2018 19:25, edited 2 times in total.
By Beren
Don't worry and stop being sceptic, @jimjam! It only takes the Donald telling Putin firmly to behave and Putin will see who's boss. Then they discuss some Moscow real estate issues and have some pissing sex with the best hookers in the world to seal it. That's the real art of the deal!
The US is all over shutting down those Russian Twitter and Facebook accounts. Ofcourse when Russia or China does it, we call it banning free speech. :)
Good thing the US does not use media propaganda to influence the world with the ‘Voice of America’. :)
By Beren
Even Voice of America can trick someone? :lol:

I mean you know it's voice of America while listening to it, whereas a fake Facebook account may be hard to realise.
Beren wrote:Even Voice of America can trick someone? :lol:

I mean you know it's voice of America while listening to it, whereas a fake Facebook account may be hard to realise.

You mean like it is impossible for people to be influenced by CNN and Fox?
‘Voice of America’ is just the tip to let you know the iceberg is there.
Isn’t ‘fake Facebook’ redundant?

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]