Trump's Euro Trip - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By One Degree
Godstud wrote::roll: They do, and are trading. Wanting special considerations is what trump wants, however. Trump wants unfair trade, with USA benefiting. That's why there's problems.

Partnerships are formed as part of trade agreements. The give each other benefits to encourage trade and make it easier to do so. I am surprised you are so ignorant of this, @One Degree.

The two things even a confederation leaves to the central government are war and trade. They are very similar. Trade agreements are alliances. You need someone to be allied against. Who are we allying against today?
By Godstud
Trade alliances and treaties are not based on having an enemy. That's a pretty stupid assertion.

NAFTA was not created due to an "enemy". ASEAN, similary. They are designed to make trade EASIER.

Do some reading...
Six Advantages of NAFTA
The Hidden Benefits of NAFTA

1. Quadrupled Trade
Between 1993-2017, trade between the three members quadrupled from $297 billion to $1.17 trillion. That boosted economic growth, profits, and jobs for all three countries. It also lowered prices for consumers.

During that time, the United States increased its exports of goods to the other two from $142 billion to $525 billion. That's a third of its total exports. Canada ($282 billion) and Mexico ($243 billion) were the top two U.S. export markets in 2017. Imports from Canada ($300 billion) and Mexico ($314 billion) increased from $151 billion in 1993 to $614 billion. That's 26 percent of total U.S. goods imports.

NAFTA boosted trade by eliminating all tariffs between the three countries. It also created agreements on international rights for business investors. That reduced the cost of commerce. It also spurs investment and growth, especially for small businesses.

https://www.thebalance.com/advantages-of-nafta-3306271
By One Degree
Godstud wrote:Trade alliances and treaties are not based on having an enemy. That's a pretty stupid assertion.

NAFTA was not created due to an "enemy". ASEAN, similary. They are designed to make trade EASIER.

Perhaps you should ask Iran and North Korea how trade has nothing to do with having enemies.
By Godstud
:roll: Try thinking before you write...
Sanctions are about refusing and limiting trade in an attempt to change policy.

What does that have to do with NAFTA? Please tell! Who is USA, Canada and Mexico allied against?

:lol:
By One Degree
Godstud wrote::roll: Try thinking before you write...
Sanctions are about refusing and limiting trade in an attempt to change policy.

What does that have to do with NAFTA? Please tell! Who is USA, Canada and Mexico allied against?

That was my question. Obviously, it is North America against everyone else. Why? Why should we apply different tariffs to Mexico than Argentina? Should not our tariffs be strictly product based rather than country based?
By Godstud
:roll: No. Wrong. It is making trade easier for close neighbours, and primary trading partners.

How much trade you have determines tariffs, taxes, and other such things.
By Rancid
Rugoz wrote:Trump will get reelected for the same reason Dubya was reelected, because Americans are dumb fucks.

We is not stoooopidz.
By Beren
Rancid wrote:I wouldn't call that friend making. Everyone has to do business with China. That summit would happen if hillary or bernie sanders were elected.

It certainly would, with a different tone though, but there's a clear possibility of friend making between the EU and China, and if Trump keeps finding foes and intensifying tensions, then it will have to happen.
By Rancid
Beren wrote:It certainly would, with a different tone though, but there's a clear possibility of friend making between the EU and China, and if Trump keeps finding foes and intensifying tensions, then it will have to happen.

Ultimately, you can always have a nice cordial relationship with China, but at the moment, I don't think anyone can be their friend. Especially when you start doing business with them. They basically steal everything. The issue of IP theft in china is very real. This is one of the areas Trump is 100% right in.
By Rancid
Beren wrote:I wonder how Fox News will whitewash this clusterfuck press conference.

I do wonder how any so called patriotic American conservative could support this shit. :lol: Then again, they are morons.
By Beren
I'd say it was very unfair to Trump that he had to hold a joint press conference with Putin if he hadn't signed up for the job himself, but it really looked like Russians are the master race.
By Albert
Putin proposes a joint cybersecurity group with the US to investigate Russian election meddling

Over the course of Monday’s controversial Helsinki summit, Russian President Vladimir Putin pushed an agenda that would ostensibly see the U.S. and Russia working side by side as allies. The two countries make stranger bedfellows than ever as just days prior, Trump’s own Department of Justice indicted 12 Russian intelligence officials for the infamous 2016 Democratic National Committee hack.

Nonetheless, the Russian president revived talks of a joint group between the U.S. and Russia dedicated to cybersecurity matters. For anyone with the security interests of the U.S. at heart, such a proposal, which Trump endorsed in a tweet one year ago, would truly be a worst-case scenario outcome of the puzzlingly cozy relationship between the two world leaders.

“Once again, President Trump mentioned the issue of the so-called interference of Russia [during] the American elections and I had to reiterate things I said several times…,” Putin said in Helsinki.

“Any specific material, if such things arise, we are ready to analyze together. For instance, we can analyze them through the joint working group on cyber security, the establishment of which we discussed during our previous contacts.”

Putin added that Russia favors “continued cooperation in counter-terrorism and maintaining cyber security.”

“The most recent example is their operational cooperation within the recently concluded World Football Cup,” Putin said. “In general, the contacts among the special services should be put to a system-wide basis should be brought to a systemic framework. I reminded President Trump about the suggestion to re-establish the working group on anti-terrorism.”

Looks like America and Russia will work together to prevent any future election interference.
By MistyTiger
Rugoz wrote:Trump is a folly only Americans can afford. Everybody thinks he's a joke but they still have to deal with him because he's the POTUS.

I'm an American and I can't afford his stupidity just like many young people in my generation who have to work several jobs to make ends meet. Even if we wanted to hire someone to get rid of him, we wouldn't be able to make the down payment. Pitiful, right?
By Rancid
Albert wrote: Looks like America and Russia will work together to prevent any future election interference.

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If there are tunnels near Nuseirat, then this is a[…]

https://media.gq.com/photos/65d4b3d8[…]

So we agree that it is not simply carte blanche an[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we[…]