Riots in Paris after France wins the World Cup - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Libertarian353 wrote:I guess the destruction of personal property and public spaces is acceptable when the skin is lighter than a paper bag. I'm glad a national after school past time has more integral value than people dying by government thugs.

EM is at it again with his race-baiting.

Rioting is dumb no matter which race does it, and rioting over a fucking soccer game is doubly stupid.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:EM is at it again with his race-baiting.

Hello, Spolia. I'm glad you took the red pill on ancapism.

Anyway, there's clearly cognitive dissonance among people on the right. How crimes are less important when it's done by their hands.

Victoribus Spolia wrote:Rioting is dumb no matter which race does it, and rioting over a fucking soccer game is doubly stupid.

That's literally a normal night after any majority white sport(football, hockey etc).

Hell majority of riots are done by whites, yet the media would only show Blacks.

There's saying within Black communities "Whatever touch turns to gold". Blacks are the money makers, whether in media or trends.
Once again @Libertarian353, I don't understand your need to obsess over the racial dynamic, rioting is not a race-specific matter, but I will gladly concede that sports rioting is fucking retarded, I would be much happier if these dudes took that same tribalist passion and applied it to dealing with actual issues facing their people.

Regardless of specifics, the fact that one side is using the win as evidence of the benefits of diversity and the other is using it to suggest its inherent social instability shows that we are entering a new era of totalizing politics that will not be easily escaped. So much for the end of history and democratic peace.
Most of France's African minorities are not new immigrants but rather 3rd generation immigrants from the times of the French empire.
The majority of them came right after world war 2, mainly the members and families of members of the Free French army which fought the NAZIs in WW2 to liberate France due to the fact that just like Britain, France assembled troops from all across its empire.

Also, same applies to the UK, many of the Asian minorities both Muslim and non Muslims were granted immigration to the UK after the war as they fought in the British army during the war, though France on a much bigger scale.

Anyone who ever watched a documentary about WW2 will know that a large number of fighters from the greater Maghreb region fought with the French army.
And as such it was only reasonable to give them the right to migrate to mainland France.

Not sure if this is true or not as I read it a long time ago and not sure where, but If I recall correctly, the US also used merceneries in the Iraq war, over a 100 thousand of them and many of them were allegedly given access to migrate to the US afterwords as they fought for the US army, everything from security contracters, translators, soldiers, etc. Just finished work so 'll make a hookah and look up on it and put sources on this one.
For the above part, it's common knowledge about the post-WW period.
That picture of the French team @noir posted is NOT the 2018 world cup team. Wrong as usual.

Also, the black players in the team are French because they were born and brought up in France. I'm sure every team of all time has had players who have ancestry from different countries.

This is just morons hating people because of their skin colour, nothing more.
The left treats riots as normal now, unless they're alleged right-wing riots, in which case they still get outraged.

I wonder what the point is of having a "French" team if most of the team members are not French. May as well let corporations start competing and they can just attract players for their teams as the highest bidders; that is essentially what France appears to be doing.
@noir

A majority of the people present in these riots are white native Frenchmen. Even the tweets posted by Albert display this. This isn't an Arab problem, this is a French problem. The French don't know how to handle their own fucking native population, it isn't about Arabs planning an organized coup against the French government over the fucking World Cup.

To really drive this point home, all Arab and Middle Eastern countries have been out of the World Cup weeks ago before France even one. Why don't you tell me why Arabs didn't riot then instead of now? What use would there be to riot now, after the World Cup is already over? Everything about your stupid fucking conspiracy theory makes no logical sense. If you're going to pull shit out of your ass at least make sure it makes some goddamn sense before you do.
This was a riot due to a sporting event @Hong Wu, and it is normal in the world we live in. It's got nothing to do with immigrants or any racist shit you, or others may imply.
@Hong Wu

I find it funny that you think being a Frenchmen is tied to race and not nationality or culture. The nation-state of France was created based on the idea of a shared culture, not based on a shared ethnicity. Hell, when France was created a majority of the population didn't even know how to speak French and you're telling that the only fucking people capable of being French are French-speaking, Nordic looking (given the fact that no one in this thread can tell the difference between a white native Frenchmen and a North African), Europeans with blue eyes and blond hair? You'd have to be pretty ignorant to think that and believe me, I think you're capable of being that ignorant. I have told you several times that you have good ideas but you need to research the things your ideas are addressing so you have a better grasp as to what those things are. Currently, all you have are preconceived notions about what the things your talking about are, you don't have solid knowledge. What you should be doing is researching the fuck out of liberalism, Islam, etc. and not from what conservatives or your uneducated mind is saying about them. You have a really nasty tendency to simply read what other, often conservative, sources say liberalism is and not what liberalism says liberalism is. You need to get rid of this tendency if you ever want to be taken seriously.

Right now, you're like a guy walking in a dark cave looking for a cat. You can always turn on a fucking flashlight and actually see the goddamn cat but you'd rather wander aimlessly in a cave for hours thinking of where the cat could be, how the cat could look like, what the cat sounds like, whether you are even looking for a cat, etc. all the while talking about how smart you must be for thinking about the cat when you haven't accomplished anything whatsoever and all those thinks are meaningless to everyone. Those thoughts may seem fancy and articulate (assure you, they are) but in the end they have no substance. If you want to talk about something, turn the flashlight on and see it for what it really is, then talk to it as an equal rather than in a distant, chauvinistic manner
Oxymandias wrote:@Hong Wu

I find it funny that you think being a Frenchmen is tied to race and not nationality or culture. The nation-state of France was created based on the idea of a shared culture, not based on a shared ethnicity. Hell, when France was created a majority of the population didn't even know how to speak French and you're telling that the only fucking people capable of being French are French-speaking, Nordic looking (given the fact that no one in this thread can tell the difference between a white native Frenchmen and a North African), Europeans with blue eyes and blond hair? You'd have to be pretty ignorant to think that and believe me, I think you're capable of being that ignorant. I have told you several times that you have good ideas but you need to research the things your ideas are addressing so you have a better grasp as to what those things are. Currently, all you have are preconceived notions about what the things your talking about are, you don't have solid knowledge. What you should be doing is researching the fuck out of liberalism, Islam, etc. and not from what conservatives or your uneducated mind is saying about them. You have a really nasty tendency to simply read what other, often conservative, sources say liberalism is and not what liberalism says liberalism is. You need to get rid of this tendency if you ever want to be taken seriously.

Right now, you're like a guy walking in a dark cave looking for a cat. You can always turn on a fucking flashlight and actually see the goddamn cat but you'd rather wander aimlessly in a cave for hours thinking of where the cat could be, how the cat could look like, what the cat sounds like, whether you are even looking for a cat, etc. all the while talking about how smart you must be for thinking about the cat when you haven't accomplished anything whatsoever and all those thinks are meaningless to everyone. Those thoughts may seem fancy and articulate (assure you, they are) but in the end they have no substance. If you want to talk about something, turn the flashlight on and see it for what it really is, then talk to it as an equal rather than in a distant, chauvinistic manner

This is extremely historically revisionist, everyone knows what I mean and the analogies presented here are very strained. Have fun justifying totally unnecessary riots. Pretend it's just some people stealing champagne or something.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@JohnRawls Why do you think that? If you wer[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]