USSR-Russia. 1988-2018. Timeline. - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Since 1994, life in the country has slowly begun to improve. There were rallies against the war in Chechnya, there were rallies of discontent with the government. But they became somehow habitual already white noise and collected less people. The level changed little until about 2011-2013. Here is an example of the biggest rally of recent years on Bolotnaya Square on December 11, 2011. There are many photos from narrow angles, but as can be seen from the general perspective, these rallies can not be compared with what was in the early 1990s :) In total, this meeting was held by different estimates from 40 to 150 thousand people. About 400 people were detained, 30 people were convicted.

50b.jpg
50b.jpg (103.7 KiB) Viewed 3649 times
In the protest movement, a big role was played by Russian nationalists. From time to time they held the "Russian march". Here is one of the most massive actions of nationalists in 2013. Unfortunately, there is no more general perspective.

bca69c4e15a6824b18059f5db7b95d73_2.jpg
bca69c4e15a6824b18059f5db7b95d73_2.jpg (123.17 KiB) Viewed 3649 times
But then several troubles happened for the Russian opposition.

- Strict laws were adopted against the nationalists.

- There were punishments for uncoordinated mass actions.

- In 2014, after the outbreak of the war, a serious split occurred among the Russian nationalists in Ukraine. Some began to support Russia in the Donbass conflict, while others - Ukraine. Many went to fight on different sides of the front. Those who yesterday rallied together, began to shoot each other.

- The return of the Crimea and the sanctions of the West very much raised the government's rating and rallied people in Russia.

All this greatly weakened the protest movement.

Here is the rally on March 26, 2017. The biggest rally after 2014. The opposition made a cunning move by arranging this meeting not against the popular Putin, but calling it a "rally against corruption." Corruption in Russia is many, so the rally was able to gather in Moscow, 7-20 thousand people. It is difficult to accurately assess the number of participants, because the rally came in places where so many people walk on weekends in good weather.

C73tqOsXgAEa8El.jpg
C73tqOsXgAEa8El.jpg (92.01 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
The activists tried to provoke the riots, but in general everything went peacefully. One policeman was wounded, about 1,000 people were detained and most were released the same day.

rubric_issue_event_1462960.jpg
rubric_issue_event_1462960.jpg (55.36 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
Four people who attacked the police were convicted. The organizer of the rally, Navalny, received 15 days of administrative arrest and was released on April 10.

pQGnNr3N7B6ALon9G_1490591096529_1400x850.jpg
pQGnNr3N7B6ALon9G_1490591096529_1400x850.jpg (69.15 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
It was the last loud rally of the opposition. Many went after Navalny because he publicly announced that his lawyers would force the state to pay out to € 10,000 each detainee. Some then directly demanded "here, I tried to provoke the police, I was detained, where are my 10,000?" :) Since the fall of 2017, Navalny has rarely collected more than 200-400 people for its rallies by region. At what at such scale of actions of infringements already almost any is not present also arrests happen seldom. It can be said that opposition speeches in Russia have now almost disappeared.

inx960x640.jpg
inx960x640.jpg (76.94 KiB) Viewed 3645 times
You with their rallies uninteresting to another country. Moscow is an enclave in the middle of Russia and you get farther away from the country with their ambitions and insatiable greed. You have thrown a bone in the form of benefits and trillions of investment money. All major companies extracting resources pay taxes in Moscow and St. Petersburg. In Moscow there are no natural resources except loan sharks, embezzlers and peat bogs.
And do not forget that Yeltsin's regime declared independence before other countries of the Soviet Union.
Night January 23 at walls of the Kazan Kremlin there is a huge inscription "Thieves". The authors of this "art" is unknown. This inscription is trampled in the snow from the Central stadium. It's hard to miss when driving through Millennium square citizens. For lunch, the inscription was trampled, and then it snowed.
Photos of eyewitnesses posted in social networks. The author of the article expressed the view that the people found a platform to Express their opinions.

The appeal of the appearance of the inscription arrived at 10:47 the police. Now in fact what happened is checked, the results of which procedural decision will be made. https://7info.ru/world/world-society/vo ... o-kremlya/
MrCredo wrote:Night January 23 at walls of the Kazan Kremlin there is a huge inscription "Thieves".

Do you have a comparison of these places with the 1990's and 1980's? Let me remind you, the topic is not about what is happening in Russia, but about changes over the past 30 years. No offtopic is needed, to express your discontent with modern Russia there are many other topics.
Tell the truth, why this vanilla. Show a photo of a homeless sausage amid the spring mud and a modern building in the style of hi-tech point of building. A propaganda photo of perestroika tabloid magazines.You live in the Soviet housing stock, electricity use Soviet electricity, Sewerage Soviet period, drink water from a canal named after Stalin, which is 60% meets the needs of the city. Your accomplishments is a sad one where sawn billions of budget money and dull evroremontom with painted shtukaturami for which tenants pay exorbitant contributions with great interest.
In Western countries also steal close to the government, but they not have such a huge difference in the life of the capital and provinces. Shine cities and abject poverty with tattered buildings, destroyed factories, dead villages, broken roads, abandoned fields overgrown with weeds. Your puppet government is held only in the Soviet Foundation that created nuclear weapons and the military-industrial complex, who have mastered the bowels, paving roads and canals.
Balancer wrote:Unfortunately, you are completely insane. You are not even able to correctly compare the dates given by me.

You showed a bunch of freaks like all over the country this was happening. I remember the beginning of 90-ies. the deficit was, but hungry, no one went and not digging in the garbage cans.All of these protest movements and nationalist Moscow that is your mentality, you always something is not happy. I just asked you to be objective, nothing more. For SIM otklanivayus, post on how space ships travel through the space of the Bolshoi theatre.
Another place where the changes were very bright. School. Soviet schools were quite utilitarian in comparison with modern schools. But there were a lot of them. Even many small or inaccessible villages had their own schools. When I went to rural school in 1980, there were 7 students with me in my class. In the classroom, which was three years older than mine, there were only two girls. The whole class is two people :) It was practically individual training :D In cities, of course, there were also large classes, in some cases up to 30-40 students. Schools were considered a very safe place. Children already in the first class went to school from home independently, sometimes for several kilometers. And parents did not worry that something bad could happen to their child. Fences around schools were purely symbolic. And often absent at all.

After the beginning of perestroika, and by the time of the collapse of the USSR, the situation has changed a lot. In schools, began to appear drug addiction, crime, alcoholism. I already did not find this period, because I graduated from school in 1990. But, of course, I've heard a lot about this period from relatives and friends who studied at school at this time or whose children were studying there. And my mother is a teacher.

Then, education in Russia underwent a major alteration. Schools became much smaller in number, but they became larger. Around the schools appeared fences. At the entrance to the school sits guard. Especially after Beslan, when the Chechens attacked the school, which resulted in the death of more than 300 children. In recent years, schools have undergone serious repairs, re-equipment with the latest equipment. But the main trouble is the very low prestige of teachers. Low salaries of teachers, low social status. This is a very big problem for modern Russia.

Photos I will send the following messages.
And this is what my rural school looks like today.

DUF0zBtX0AAyG8c.jpg
DUF0zBtX0AAyG8c.jpg (57.85 KiB) Viewed 3531 times

Schools look much better today than in the USSR. But here the level of education has become noticeably weaker :-/

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]