Trump and Russiagate - Page 141 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Godstud wrote:They don't need to be guilty as far as criminal law is concerned, though. Your argument fails, because of this. The intelligence agencies have plenty of evidence that Russia did this, and you're just childishly denying it, because of your infatuation with Trump and his handler, Putin.

Not true. The DNC did not turn over their server to the FBI for forensic analysis. They used a private commercial firm. This well-paid firm concluded it was hackers originating out of Russia. US intelligence has not reviewed the DNC server, and neither has the FBI. The defendants will be demanding access to the server as is their right, and it is likely that the state of the server may have changed rendering the allegations potentially unprovable.

Godstud wrote:Irrelevant. It's not about going to court.

Charging specific Russians with crimes IS about going to court.

Godstud wrote:Divert. Distract. Lie.

There is no diversion here. This happened when Obama was president, Comey was in charge of the FBI and Brennan was in charge of the CIA. They did nothing to prevent this from happening. An essential fact of their allegations, which they rarely highlight, is that they were not able to protect the DNC or Hillary Clinton from Russian hackers.

Godstud wrote:Deep state is a conspiracy theory, so I give it as much as it's due: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Conspiracies are sophisticated criminal plots. Choosing to ignore them is your choice, but it makes you ill prepared to discuss something like the Russian state using multiple actors to hack the DNC server. What is it when you have multiple Russians trying to hack or hacking the server of a political party in a foreign country? That, Godstud, is a conspiracy by definition. So can we all laugh this nonsense off now?

One Degree wrote:Our ‘peace of mind’ depends upon believing those in power are superior to us despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Isn't that ever true... :roll:

jimjam wrote:After all, this has to stand up in a "court of law".

Trump isn't charged with anything.
By B0ycey
Beren wrote:He obviously had to say something and what else could he have said?

Not that. He has only dug the hole deeper. Only the senile would fall for such a lie. So basically One Degree and that is it. :lol:

If he had to say anything he would have been better off saying that at the time he didn't have the full facts. And most definitely not contradict himself. :lol:
By Beren
B0ycey wrote:Not that. He has only dug the hole deeper. Only the senile would fall for such a lie. So basically One Degree and that is it. :lol:

If he had to say anything he would have been better off saying that at the time he didn't have the full facts. And most definitely not contradict himself. :lol:

After he failed to dodge the first bullet it's not easy to dodge the rest, he's on an unpleasant trajectory now and seems unable to stop going all along with it.

Yahoo News wrote:Trump says Russia is no longer targeting U.S.

By Roberta Rampton ,Reuters • July 18, 2018

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he does not believe Russia is still targeting the United States, contradicting U.S. intelligence assessments that Moscow was continuing its attempts to meddle in American elections.

Trump on Tuesday tried to walk back comments that he believed Russian President Vladimir Putin over American intelligence chiefs on Russian interference in the 2016 election, saying that he had misspoken a day earlier after a summit meeting with Putin in Helsinki.

Asked by reporters on Wednesday if Russia was still targeting the United States, Trump shook his head and said, "No."

U.S. intelligence officials have said Russian election interference efforts are continuing and now target the upcoming congressional elections in November.

Trump has been scrambling to undo the damage from his comments on Monday in which he gave credence to Putin's denials over the conclusions of American intelligence services.

"We're doing very well, probably as well as anybody has ever done with Russia. And there's been no president ever as tough as I have been on Russia," Trump told reporters before a Cabinet meeting at the White House.

U.S. Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats told a congressional committee in February that he already had seen evidence Russia was targeting U.S. elections in November, when Republican control of the House of Representatives and Senate are at stake, plus a host of positions in state governments.

In rebutting Trump's dismissive comments about U.S. intelligence on Monday, Coats said in a statement, "We have been clear in our assessments of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and their ongoing, pervasive efforts to undermine our democracy."

(Reporting by Roberta Rampton; Writing by Doina Chiacu, Editing by Chizu Nomiyama and Will Dunham)
Putin, “Mueller is making a big deal out of the normal bullshit we all do.”
Trump, “yeah, I get that.”
Media meltdown. Lmao
By B0ycey
But Trump said that Putin didn't do the 'bullshit we all do' actually. And then miss pronounced a word - or so he claims.

If Trump had any sense, he should have said that he would wait until the Mueller report until condemning Russia and was not reaching any type of conclusion in haste. Until then he has no grounds to blame Russia as he didn't have the full facts today. But instead he kept digging. :lol:
B0ycey wrote:But Trump said that Putin didn't do the 'bullshit we all do' actually. And then miss pronounced a word - or so he claims.

If Trump had any sense, he should have said that he would wait until the Mueller report until condemning Russia and was not reaching any type of conclusion in haste. Until then he has no grounds to blame Russia as he didn't have the full facts today. But instead he kept digging. :lol:

You can choose to interpret it that way, or the way I did. He didn’t believe Russia did anything out of the ordinary, so the intelligence agencies are wrong when they make it appear so. It doesn’t mean their intelligence is wrong, just politicized. Therefore, they are right and wrong. Trump could not explain this without the liberal media having a field day. Anything you can’t explain in 240 characters today is best left alone which is why his ‘lie’ was the appropriate response unfortunately.
By Zagadka
B0ycey wrote:And then miss pronounced a word - or so he claims.

The funny thing is that his "correction" doesn't fit the rest of his statement, and it took him until after leaving and having most of the world laughing/crying before bothering to mention it. I generally assume Trump's aides more competent than him, so...
By Beren
Zagadka wrote:The funny thing is that his "correction" doesn't fit the rest of his statement, and it took him until after leaving and having most of the world laughing/crying before bothering to mention it. I generally assume Trump's aides more competent than him, so...

I wonder how much he listens to his aides and how much he's willing to prepare. His functional illiteracy also must be a problem, he doesn't read documents and has to be briefed in a few words, which was the norm while he was the president of his own organization.
By jimjam
We are now in Stage 3 of a 3 stage Trump screw up.

Stage 1 He does something really stupid - Helinski.

Stage 2 he denies he said or meant it (also called the Walkback).

Stage 3 - He doubles down on the stage 1 and walkbacks the walkback.

Afterwards, his team finds another topic to divert attention away from his screw up, just like a reality show.

Let me get this straight. Trump lies. Then he lies about the lie. Then he lies about lying, before he lies again. Got it!
By Rancid
jimjam wrote:We are now in Stage 3 of a 3 stage Trump screw up.

Stage 1 He does something really stupid - Helinski.

Stage 2 he denies he said or meant it (also called the Walkback).

Stage 3 - He doubles down on the stage 1 and walkbacks the walkback.

Afterwards, his team finds another topic to divert attention away from his screw up, just like a reality show.

Let me get this straight. Trump lies. Then he lies about the lie. Then he lies about lying, before he lies again. Got it!

NEVER, and I mean NEVER speak ill of my president!
By jimjam
Rancid wrote:NEVER, and I mean NEVER speak ill of my president!

I thought I was speaking plaudits :lol: .

Hey! Rancid …… what are you doing here? Get back to TLTE …. you are not crazy enough to partake in a Trump screed..
By Beren
How about this one, Master @jimjam?

RT wrote:Trump holds Putin responsible for ‘meddling’ because ‘he’s in charge’ of Russia – interview

Published time: 18 Jul, 2018 21:49

US President Donald Trump believes Vladimir Putin should be held responsible for alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election after all - since he is the president of Russia, Trump told CBS.

The network teased a quote from Trump ahead of airing his interview with CBS Evening News anchor Jeff Glor, which is set to be broadcast at 6:30 pm Eastern Time on Wednesday. In it, Glor asks Trump if he would hold Putin personally culpable for the alleged election interference.

Trump said yes, although he apparently stopped short of actually blaming Putin for personally ordering an influence op, the way his opponents tend to.

“I would because he's in charge of the country just like I consider myself to be responsible for things that happen in this country," Trump said. "So certainly as the leader of the country you would have to hold him responsible.”

He also said he warned Putin against future meddling during their summit in Helsinki, Finland, on Monday.

"I let him know we can't have this. We're not going to have it. And that's the way it's going to be," Trump said.
By Beren
Putin said once that he could imagine patriotic Russian hackers (with whom he has nothing to do, of course) interfered with the US presidential election, that's what Trump's echoing now.
By Godstud
Of course Trump is echoing his "handler". :roll:
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It has always been this way. Zionists have always […]

...You are a supporter of the genocide against th[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]