Any baseball fans on PoFo? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Heisenberg wrote:It's not even that far - it's 60'6". 90' is the distance between the bases. :eek:

Oops you're right. I am mistaken. It's a much closer distance.
fuser wrote:@Sivad I have no idea why you think I or you were making arguments about money in sports.

It's not about money, it's about having the resources to find and develop talent. America's professional athletes are the best of the best because there's more talent and competition here than anywhere else in the world.

The argument that a sportsman can transition to a completely different sports effortlessly is just shit regardless of who is spending how much money anywhere.

I didn't say effortlessly, it would obviously require training and a lot of work, but minor league baseball players have been recruited into the cricket majors, top cricket players like Kieran Powell can't make it in the MLB.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/01/20/sport/ba ... index.html

One thing is for sure though, Powell will not be joining the New York Yankees: a Yankees scout had a look at Powell in Florida this week, and was rather unimpressed.

What exactly did he think of his hitting skills? "He sucks. He's not worth any time," the scout told ESPN.com.
Please Sivad, stop talking about things you have absolutely no idea about, you can't take a little insult without getting all defensive, get over it now. South Korea is not a major cricketing country and cricket in asian games is a joke, so much that India a major cricketing country and an asian country didn't even send a team apart from that not a single cricket game in asian games is officially recognized by ICC. They are not even official ffs.

Just like that article, you are completely clueless here, please just stop, its too embarrassing now. And as per transition, Andrew Flintoff the English Cricketer later in his life transitioned to MMA, it doesn't mean that now because of that Cricket is absolutely superior to MMA, that will be an idiotic argument, some kids learned a new sport is not an argument against that new sport that was learned, ffs. :roll:

A word of advice btw, Frantic google searches can only take you so far.... not all the way,

Rancid wrote:One thing that is absolutely wonderful about baseball, which most people cannot comprehend is this.

There is a PERFECT balance between pitching abilities of humans and the distance between the mound and that plate (90ft). Here's the amazing thing about pitching in professional baseball. It is humanly impossible to react fast enough to hit a 80-105MPH ball. Yet, batters can hit the ball. How is this possible? The key is, that the batters have to analyze the pitcher as they they are winding up to throw the ball. things like the position of the feet, the hips, arm angle,fingers on the ball, etc. They also have to watch for the seams of the ball while the ball is still within the pitcher's hand. From that data, they are then able to predict where the ball will go. This is an amazing skill that has to be executed in real time within a fraction of a second.

I can tell you from first hand experience, it's very very hard. I was really good at pee wee ball and middle school ball. once it got the highschool and kids were throwing 60-80MPH regularly, I just couldn't do it anymore. :lol:

Basically, they make the decision to swing at the ball before the ball leaves the pitchers hands. If they weight until the ball is in flight, it's too late.

Side note, it is commonly stated that the absolute hardest single thing to do across any sport on the planet, is to hit a 100MPH fast ball.

I don't know if you like those things, you will like Cricket, to be frank the Cricket has a far more shot selection in batting and far more different type of bowling deliveries to chose from and apart from all those things you mentioned they also have to cover for the bounce of the surface, and then spin bowling is a different beast altogether where you are not even trying to bowl fast
fuser wrote:I don't know if you like those things, you will like Cricket, to be frank the Cricket has a far more shot selection in batting and far more different type of bowling deliveries to chose from and apart from all those things you mentioned they also have to cover for the bounce of the surface, and then spin bowling is a different beast altogether where you are not even trying to bowl fast

lies!
Well I am not against baseball either, I would love to watch a game of baseball with you @Rancid if I am ever in US but I will expect free beer.

And c'mon @Heisenberg I know why you don't like Flintoff, he gave Indians one of the most glorious moment of their cricket history when Ganguly opened his shirt and waved it fanatically from the holy land itself i.e. Lord's balcony in revenge of Flintoff doing the same in Mumbai cricket ground. :p

Anyway he can't be worse than Kevin Peterson. :)

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]