New reasons for North Korea's rejection of nuclear disarmament - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Japan to Turkmenistan to New Zealand.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
During the recent negotiations between Kim Jong-no and Donald Tramp, some nuances were revealed, for example, the fact of the exercise between South Ko-rea and the United States that influenced the decision to denuclearize North Korea and on mutual relations as a whole.
“The statement itself is a joke,” Jeffrey Lewis, the director of the East Asia Nonproliferation Program at Middlebury, said bluntly. “It is less than any statement that the North Koreans have ever agreed to in the past. On eliminat-ing nuclear weapons, the North Koreans just reaffirmed the statement that they made with the South Koreans,” he told me. “The president continues to say that Kim is giving up his nuclear weapons. Kim continues to refuse to promise that. I don’t know how long they can keep fudging this.”
Worse, what Trump promised remains unclear. “That could be a catas-trophe,” Lewis said. “With him, he is so careless with language. Does that mean that we are going to scale back some of the largest exercises? O.K., fine. No big deal. That is great. Those exercises are designed to put pressure on North Korea. We are not putting pressure on North Korea anymore, so we don’t necessarily need those big exercises.” The other possibility would be too absurd to entertain, if Trump had not spent so much time on the campaign trail complaining about footing the bill for allies’ security. (“We need to try to understand what President Trump said,” an anxious-sounding spokesman for South Korean President Moon Jae-in said in a statement after the summit.) “If he actually believes what he is saying, that the alliance is a bad thing and we shouldn’t be in South Korea,” Lewis continued, “then that’s a problem.”
Pompeo expressed confidence that the Trump administration would not fall for more chicanery. “The United States has been fooled before—there’s no doubt about it,” he told reporters Monday. “Despite any past flimsy agree-ments, the president will ensure no potential agreement fails to adequately ad-dress the North Korean threat.” But even if it does, the president suggested he will never admit it. “Honestly, I think [Kim’s] going to do these things,” Trump insisted. And if things fall apart? “I don’t know that I’ll ever admit that [I was wrong],” the president shrugged. “I’ll find some kind of excuse.”

Confessions extracted under torture...seems legit.[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]