Establishment media 'The Young Turks' now claims Alex Jones was banned for inciting violence - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Mysteriously enough, this reason was not listed by Youtube, Facebook, Apple and assorted. Also, it's not protected speech, which would mean the authorities would have already come after him, but according to the establishment media outfit 'The Young Turks', Alex Jones should have been banned for inciting violence and this should retroactively validate the fact that Alex Jones got simultaneously banned by an assortment of multi-billion dollar mega-corporations. (All of whom incidentally had outspoken positions on the last presidential election. :lol: )

TYT is a joke, Uygur just took like $20 mil from Jeffrey Katzenberg("one of Hollywood's premier political kingmakers and one of the Democratic Party's top national fundraisers.") which is tantamount to taking money directly from the DNC. After he took the corporate dem money Uygur fired all the real progressives that weren't toeing the establishment line. Fuck TYT and fuck Cenk Uygur.
It gets funnier. You can always count on Casparian to be an insufferable hypocrite -- always. It took me literally five seconds to find this.

Of course it could be that Casparian has since moderated her stance, which is reasonable given the time frame, but it's still amusing that Casparian was literally advocating for violence, in opposed to what they're claiming Alex Jones did.
IMHO TYT will never recover from that 2016 meltdown. It's hard to tell what people think lying about Alex Jones is going to accomplish; the evidence is all right there for anyone who wants to defend him. If someone is operating in enough of a bubble that there is no literally no defense of him, I guess it's an echo chamber thing. But someone who makes light of his own meltdowns is like, the worse possible target for this even in that case, or so I would think.

I guess that's just the point of virtue signaling, these people aren't trying to have discussions with each other so they aren't going to pick through the merits of the arguments of one of the more thoughtful young conservatives. Alex Jones seems like the safest but still consistently recognizable target.
Last edited by Hong Wu on 18 Aug 2018 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
Sivad wrote:TYT is a joke, Uygur just took like $20 mil from Jeffrey Katzenberg("one of Hollywood's premier political kingmakers and one of the Democratic Party's top national fundraisers.") which is tantamount to taking money directly from the DNC. After he took the corporate dem money Uygur fired all the real progressives that weren't toeing the establishment line. Fuck TYT and fuck Cenk Uygur.

Damn. I didn't know that. I thought Uygur was a bit mental with the Russiagate stuff but I guess all those millions explain a lot. What a sellout...
TYT is freaking out because they are scared of angry white man taking up arms, because they know they are on the firing line if things ever evolve into violence. I understand their sentiment and concerns. I personally have come to conclusion that Jones needs to be removed and punished for his conspiracy theory pedaling, but it should not have been done in this manner.

There are courts and proper legal procedure to do this, there is actually no need to do this underhanded deplatforming. In fact if Jones is taken to court and made to answer for his lies and social agitations would be a better outcome then this.

Leave to the establishment to mess things up again, no surprise I guess, they are the ones who got us into this mess to begin with.
@Albert your take is so vacuous I can't begin to understand it. Angry white men are the ones who've had arms since arms were created. I know you are weak, effeminate, and essentially impotent, but the rest of white society has been dominating everything for a long time. TYT is just shitting on Jones because A) He's a crank dipshit B) He is more popular and interesting than TYT.
The alt right love to post morally repugnant bullshit and then when someone says a bad word or something they recoil like an armadillo into appeals to propriety and decorum. You can't call me out for being vulgar and impolite because I don't give a shit. You aren't my grandma and if you're going to sit here and write stupid things I'm going to say that you're stupid.
skinster wrote: What a sellout...

It's a shame they did that. They were doing good work during the Obama era(for mainstream progressive -ish liberals anyway), but now they're just flogging the Russia shit, identity politics, and pretending the deep state is just a conspiracy theory. :knife:

Sivad wrote:TYT is a joke, Uygur just took like $20 mil from Jeffrey Katzenberg("one of Hollywood's premier political kingmakers and one of the Democratic Party's top national fundraisers.") which is tantamount to taking money directly from the DNC. After he took the corporate dem money Uygur fired all the real progressives that weren't toeing the establishment line. Fuck TYT and fuck Cenk Uygur.
Does not really add up, here is Cortez on the show 2 weeks ago.
The funny thing is that Fox News is no longer their main adversary and I think they know this. They are trying to figure out how to quash a movement that has all of the people who can win arguments or who are capable of being funny without a team of writers (although even that seems to fail them sometimes, such as Michelle Wolf's show and other similar shows getting cancelled recently).
TYT used to OK and sometimes good. I wrote them off some time ago as the crap just became much too prevalent. They just don;t offer anything much now beyond cheerleading much like fox news with the teams changed. The y used (some years ago) have useful analysis. Not from what I've seen recently and I just don't bother. I'm more likely to watch fox news , though just from the piont of view of what teh crazies are thinking,like reading the letters page from the Australian.
Albert wrote:Does not really add up, here is Cortez on the show 2 weeks ago.

They'll still have progressives on but the overall editorial stance has changed from progressive opposition to a pro-establishment perspective centering on the Trump-Russia hysteria. It only takes a slight shift in focus to distract people and derail a movement.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going on[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]