Trump Takes on NFL - Page 51 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By blackjack21
Red_Army wrote:Ratings for all sports are going down.

Kids these days don't watch TV. They watch their phones. So cord cutting has little to do with the lack of interest among youth. Cord cutting is happening among older generations who don't have a good reason to pay for cable. I already cut my cable back. I'll try Fubo out again and see if I can do without cable. I just think paying DirecTV is too expensive. However, I chose not to watch football on Sunday, because I'm sick of the politics in it. I'm going to meet some buddies to watch tonight. I think I'm going to limit my football this year to social occasions only. I opted not to do fantasy this year too. College football playoffs increased by about 18% last year. So it's likely the NFL is just losing audience to college as people don't want to listen to the NFL's political bullshit anymore.

Godstud wrote:NFL viewership has been dropping over the last 4 years due to a great many reasons, including people not tuning into traditional television nearly as much as past generations did. The range of leisure substitutes vastly expanded over the past decade, including streaming movies and series, YouTube videos, social media, gaming and texting. Live sports may be doing relatively better than other programming options for television networks, but the relative position doesn't insulate sports from this overall decline.

Stadium attendance is off too. It's the player protests that are turning people off. You're not really a football fan anyway.

Godstud wrote:Poor play and concussion controversy are also issues, as well as players no longer being sports heroes, and little more than thugs.

Are you saying they are thugs, because the overwhelming majority of the players are black?

Godstud wrote:Recent polls show less men under 50 years old following the sport.

It's probably true that younger men who consume a lot of soy products have become to emasculated and feminine to find football enjoyable.
By Godstud
blackjack21 wrote:Are you saying they are thugs, because the overwhelming majority of the players are black?
Only a racist would jump to that conclusion. I am talking about the criminal behavior of footballers.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

blackjack21]It's probably true that younger men who consume a lot of soy products have become to emasculated and feminine to find football enjoyable. [/quote] :lol: It's probably actually true that they have better things to do with their time. I don't know one young man in their 20s who likes "soy".

[quote="Red_Army wrote:
Most of the serious football fans I know are fat and lazy.
QFT. Younger people are out doing something else, instead of watching it on TV, which fewer people have, anyways.
By Drlee
Most All of the serious football fans I know are fat and lazy. Fixed.

Football is boring. It is getting like basketball for me. They stop the action every few seconds. They stop the play for commercials at absurd times. The commercials are so one-note that they make it even worse. The players are a milk toast lot, most of whom exhibiting the charisma of vacuum salesmen. The players are paid and obscene amount of money and the owners mostly thugs. Now we find out that the cheerleaders are lucky to get minimum wage while I am asked to pay $20.00 for a beer.

Screw them. I get cable and watch rugby and soccer. Real games for real men. Football players are pussies.
By Red_Army
I like watching soccer alright, but prefer college football. As far as which is manlier: meh. I guess American football is pretty "manly", but it becomes less so when players shoot themselves in the heart because they were driven into pits of inescapable depression because of TBI. I imagine there are similar risks in rugby.

@blackjack21 You are being totally insincere if you think its difficult to ignore the political bullshit of the NFL. Just turn on your TV five minutes after start time.
By jimjam
Drlee wrote:Most All of the serious football fans I know are fat and lazy. Fixed.

Football is boring. It is getting like basketball for me. They stop the action every few seconds. They stop the play for commercials at absurd times. The commercials are so one-note that they make it even worse. The players are a milk toast lot, most of whom exhibiting the charisma of vacuum salesmen. The players are paid and obscene amount of money and the owners mostly thugs. Now we find out that the cheerleaders are lucky to get minimum wage while I am asked to pay $20.00 for a beer.

Screw them. I get cable and watch rugby and soccer. Real games for real men. Football players are pussies.

I find football very boring. Games tend to all blend together after awhile. Muscle bound goons endlessly bashing into each other for big money until they are carried off the field or become demented. Has nothing to do with players kneeling …. that's just free speech …… first amendment ….. even comes before the second amendment right to carry devices of instant death in your pocket.
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:Muscle bound goons endlessly bashing into each other for big money until they are carried off the field or become demented.

Enough white people play football that I have never thought of it as black-on-black violence, but rather a boys-to-men right of passage that gets a bit of an extension for the best players. I wonder if that's how the progressives see football; that is, as white people watching a black on black violence show and enjoying it. :hmm:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Saw an article about this story earlier in the mo[…]

@Godstud " blowjobs" You are like […]

Eugenics as a concept is quite interesting since […]

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]