US Open: Naomi Osaka defeats Serena Williams; US Open shocked, lionizes Williams; shames Osaka - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
blackjack21 wrote:It seems the entire US Open shamed itself after Naomi Osaka beat Serena Williams at the US Open.

It’s shameful what US Open did to Naomi Osaka

It's an absolute disgrace.

Actually Serena Williams was quite magnanimous towards Osaka . She whispered these kind words to her after the match .
As to my take on this matter , I concur with The Young Turks .
From all the lesbos I know who actually watch women's tennis (unlike everyone in this thread) Serena is a gracious loser who has never been unsportsmanlike. This (as I said earlier) is some half-brained racist story generated by people who jump on everything a famous black person does to point out how animal-like they are while denying that they hate N*****.
Red_Army wrote:From all the lesbos I know who actually watch women's tennis (unlike everyone in this thread) Serena is a gracious loser who has never been unsportsmanlike.

Well she was rather gracious after she let the entire world know what a horrible person she is.

She threatened the *umpire* livelyhood for crying out loud! If she can say this in public, on camera in front of the entire world, she's probably 10x worse in private. Her handlers and the people she has to work with on a day to day basis must be petrified of her.

FULL TRANSCRIPT: Serena Williams' entire outburst as American star has furious row with umpire Carlos Ramos that overshadows US Open final

After being broken to trail 4-3 in the second set:

'I never got coaching. I explained that to you and for you to attack my character then something is wrong. You're attacking my character. Yes you are. You owe me an apology.

'You will never, ever, ever be on another court of mine as long as you live.
You are the liar. When are you going to give me my apology? You owe me an apology.

'Say it, say you're sorry. Then don't talk to me, don't talk to me. How dare you insinuate I was cheating? You stole a point from me. You're a thief too.'

After being docked a game:

'Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? Because I said you were a thief? You stole a point from me. I'm not a cheater. I told you to apologise to me. Excuse me I need the referee, I don't agree with that.'
Last edited by maz on 14 Sep 2018 03:29, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Army wrote:From all the lesbos I know who actually watch women's tennis (unlike everyone in this thread) Serena is a gracious loser who has never been unsportsmanlike. This (as I said earlier) is some half-brained racist story generated by people who jump on everything a famous black person does to point out how animal-like they are while denying that they hate N*****.

Going back to that cartoon, you claimed it was racist because Osaka was portrayed with blond hair. The video posted above shows she has dyed blond hair. So you are wrong.

Anyway, onto the claim of sexism. The problem with the explanation offered by the young Turks is that Ramos might have had enough after enduring obnoxious male players by the time he had to put up with Serena’s tantrum. There is no proof of sexism.

Serena and her fans are objecting because she is the celebrity that had finally been called out for behaving like a brat. Hopeful more celebrities will be challenged in this manner from now on.
foxdemon wrote:Anyway, onto the claim of sexism. The problem with the explanation offered by the young Turks is that Ramos might have had enough after enduring obnoxious male players by the time he had to put up with Serena’s tantrum. There is no proof of sexism.
I, for one, disagree with that assessment. A referee's job is to remain fair and impartial, and he was neither of those things. That said, the penalty was far too harsh, given his record of NOT penalizing such behavior in men's tennis. There is definitely a case for the ref overly penalizing Williams, and we can't discount sex being a factor.
I like Serena Williams, but she needs to let this go. No one should defend the abuse of officials. Her behaviour was ridiculous, and I guarantee that had it been Naomi Osaka rather than the home favourite throwing a hissy-fit, no one would be defending her.

And, this idea that only women get in trouble for this is untrue. On the men's tour, Nick Kyrgios has racked up plenty of fines and suspensions for throwing childish tantrums as well, and I can't think of a single person who defends (or even likes) him. And in other sports, like baseball, players are immediately ejected and fined for abusing umpires.

This whole argument is conflating two issues. One - whether men are treated too leniently when they go off the handle - is perhaps debatable. The other - whether Serena Williams' behaviour in the final was acceptable - is not.

The easiest way to fix this is to learn from rugby and take a zero-tolerance approach to abuse of officials. Both men and women will learn to shut up very quickly once they've racked up a few game penalties for calling umpires liars and cheats.
Going forward they will probably make it so only female refs do female games and only male refs do male games.

Its incredibly amusing how enforced modesty (sex negative/4th wave feminism), enforced manners (political correctness/hate speech laws), and segregation (safe spaces for minorities away from oppressors) are all policies coming from the left.

The footsteps of renaissance patriarchy or Antebellum southern values can be heard creeping in through the backdoor of progressive ideology and its glorious to watch. :lol:
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Its incredibly amusing how enforced modesty (sex negative/4th wave feminism), enforced manners (political correctness/hate speech laws), and segregation (safe spaces for minorities away from oppressors) are all policies coming from the left.
:roll: Oh, Puh-lease! That's not coming from the left atall. You wouldn't know what the left is, if it slapped you in the face.

What do you find so wrong with etiquette, manners and politeness? What's wrong with curtailing hatred towards people?

The right wing are the asshats asking for "safe spaces", incidentally...

None of this has FUCK ALL to do with this topic, too, BTW.
Godstud wrote: Oh, Puh-lease! That's not coming from the left atall. You wouldn't know what the left is, if it slapped you in the face.

What do you find so wrong with etiquette, manners and politeness? What's wrong with curtailing hatred towards people?

The right wing are the asshats asking for "safe spaces", incidentally...

None of this has FUCK ALL to do with this topic, too, BTW.

:lol:

I don't find anything wrong with manners and loving others or even protecting women. I have a problem with the state defining such for us and telling us how to speak and act and when to do so.

Besides, you are the confused Canadian "conservative," and you flip flop on shit with such poorly defined terms and notions that you rarely seem to know what you are or what you stand for. You are like one angry question mark on just about everything with the exception that you predictably support silly SJW drivel whenever it comes up though your feminist tendencies are grossly inconsistent between second, third, and fourth wave approaches depending on the topic.
foxdemon wrote:
Anyway, onto the claim of sexism. The problem with the explanation offered by the young Turks is that Ramos might have had enough after enduring obnoxious male players by the time he had to put up with Serena’s tantrum. There is no proof of sexism.

The Young Turks don't understand how the tennis system works. Kyrgios received a code violation for his out burst because he hadn't had one prior nor did he have a point penalty. Serena received the game penalty because she had already received a code violation and a points violation.

She would have had the paddy of all tantrums if she received the final penalty.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Besides, you are the confused Canadian "conservative," and you flip flop on shit with such poorly defined terms and notions that you rarely seem to know what you are or what you stand for. You are like one angry question mark on just about everything with the exception that you predictably support silly SJW drivel whenever it comes up though your feminist tendencies are grossly inconsistent between second, third, and fourth wave approaches depending on the topic.
I do not flip flop, ever. I simply don't fit into your over-simplified, and childish view of what a "Liberal" is. Left wing is not totalitarianism, either. There's nothing wrong with preventing discrimination

I am considered a Conservative, going by Canadian politics, as well, so your attempt to put me into a box is pretty silly. I voted Liberal only when it was a local MP who was clearly good for our district.

Here's somewhere you can get information about Liberals that isn't out of the mouth of one of your Fox News and Friends dipshits.
Liberalism:
https://www.britannica.com/topic/liberalism

Also, all your "feminism wave" crap, is just that. Feminism isn't a threat to anyone, unless you're a misogynist, MGTOW, or Incel. Ensuring that women have equality of opportunity, is good for everyone.
B0ycey wrote:The Young Turks don't understand how the tennis system works. Kyrgios received a code violation for his out burst because he hadn't had one prior nor did he have a point penalty. Serena received the game penalty because she had already received a code violation and a points violation.

She would have had the paddy of all tantrums if she received the final penalty.

You are right. Young Turks speak through their arse. This person seems to have a better idea of tennis.

[youtube]EBKmt7mZlDk[/youtube]
@AFAIK It is. It's just typical right wing hypocrisy. :D

Ban people who kneel during the anthem, from the NFL, but hey, we're all for freedom of speech, and against censorship...

@foxdemon Good video.
Hillary at Lesbians Who Tech - Double STandard for Women Serena Williams RACISSS - 3 minute mp3 clip

Hillary Clinton was a speaker at some LGBT event called Lesbians Who Tech, where she complained some a double standard between men and women.

She seemed to compare herself to Serena Williams. They both seem to be terrible people who cannot take responsibility and blame their failures on other people.

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

@skinster well, you've been accusing Israel of t[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]