Feinstein Refers Kavanaugh to FBI for Alleged Sexual Assault 30 years ago - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
As if the left couldn't get any more bizarro, Dianne Feinstein evidently referred a story about alleged misbehavior of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh during his high school prom some 30 or so years ago to the FBI--as if the FBI had jurisdiction. :roll: That's just one more reason to boot DiFi and vote for Kevin de Leon. Clearly, she has lost her marbles.

The Democrats Are Doing a Very Bad Thing to Brett Kavanaugh
If the FBI rejected a criminal inquiry that quickly, it makes you question whether Feinstein had a good faith basis for believing it was an FBI matter in the first place. I strongly suspect she did not.

Ocasio-Cortez may be crazy, but she's a young crazy person. Feinstein is old and going crazy. People don't seem to recover from dementia at that age. They just get crazier and then die.

Time for new blood in the Democratic party.

Noemon Edit: Final Thread Title
maz wrote:They are trying to Roy Moore Kavanaugh? :lol:

Pretty much. This time, it involves high school proms it seems. I'm guessing he may have grabbed a girl's tit or something. :lol: As I've said before, if he were caught blowing a transgender school teacher or something, I'd want to know about it. Heterosexuality doesn't freak me out in the slightest.
Red_Army wrote:He's an opus dei dipshit. I hope he drowns brushing his teeth.

That explains yet another cooked up charge. Personally, I think there are too many Catholics on the Supreme Court, but this is pretty much a bullshit tactic.
Suntzu wrote:The FBI is gonna investigate a drunk 17 year old groping a drunk 15 year old about four decades ago but the gropee can't remember how she got there, where she was or how she left. The one witness denies that it happened. There is no evidence except her testimony.

It isn't a federal offense. They were both minors. It's well past the statute of limitations. And, it has had no apparent effect on his ability to discharge his duties. Other than slander and libel under color of law, I'm not quite sure what they are trying to accomplish.
More than one thing can be true.

It's true that Feinstein is a manipulative and amoral politician, holding on to a piece of paper for the opportune political moment.

It's also true that Kavanaugh, if he did the things exactly as described by his accuser, is a rapist and moral pygmy (and coward). This is fundamentally different from the Thomas hearings, as we are talking about sexual assault, not harassment.

The operative word here is "if."

None of the Kavanaugh defenders posting above would have hesitated to dump on a democrat appointee, if the tables were turned. Does this make them any different from Feinstein?
Kavanaugh is a complete piece of shit, who should not be confirmed, though he probably will be.

But I don't support this allegation, don't consider it credible, and don't find it relevant.

I don't agree with the tactic, and don't think it should be used; the end isn't justified by the means, and the means often backfire. Whether they backfire or not here is beside the point, as it is a general premise.
Well shit, the guy might be a douchebag but you are trying to accuse him of stuff he did 40 years ago. His not Hitler nor did he take part in the holocaust for it to be remembered that long and prosecuted.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I support Kavanaugh's attempted rape and hope he will continue to rape the rights of women everywhere as a SCOTUS appointee. As a GOP appointed SCOTUS nominee the attempted rape only confirms that he has the qualifications conservatives look for in a judge.

I like you, but this isn't really a worthwhile exercise in my opinion. I don't support attempted rape. But this isn't a Roy Moore situation, either.

You can consider it if you like, but I don't really see it as something which is very well put together. Even if it's true. The fact is, the woman could be lying, and everyone knows this is a possibility. Her word against his over something more than 40 years old, isn't really a basis for serious consideration. The professor could have decided to make up a story. That's not what I believe, but that's an easy logical out for people that are inclined to that belief, and is in fact possible, given the circumstances (though again, that's not my position; but I do think it seems not very tenable as a serious accusation, given all of the norms, as well as the circumstances).
This wouldn't even be the first rapist the GOP has put forth as a nominee for federal office this year. There's nothing unbelievable about it.

However, I see nothing inconsistent in holding a man responsible (or rather, lauding him) for actions he committed in his teens later on in life. It's completely fair for those consequences to follow you forever. If Brett Kavanaugh did not believe this either then why would he prevent that 17 year old from getting an abortion?
Well. Never underestimate the Democratic Party's ability to fuck up an election.

Shouting loudly I say, "I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. I HAVE NOTHING TO GO ON OTHER THAN AN ACCUSATION AND A DENIAL." Got that? Good.

This plays right into the hands of the republicans. This may well enrage even more males and get them to turn up at the polls.

So what if they succeed in getting this guy dumped? What then? Trump just finds another one. Nothing changes.

If one in a thousand women wrote to their Senators, this guy would go down in flames overnight. But they can't be bothered. Do women care about this stuff? Obviously not.

But really women. You want to bring up some prom-night shenanigans? How about a little substance? But don't bother your pretty little heads about the indisputable fact that this guy will have ultrasound machines shoved up the pussies of every women in the country who considers an abortion for any reason. He will have the nice white men in the state legislatures decide what to do with your bodies. Don't mention that stuff though. That is too hard to think about. Just be nice girls and ask your husbands how to vote. There's a nice girl. Now run along. Donald Trump has your back. You know how much he values women.
Stormsmith wrote:What about having him do the lie detector thingee?

His accuser took and passed a lie detector test. I'm sure the Republican Plutocratic Party will dodge this one.

It looks that the longer His Honor hangs out there, more slime surfaces. I like this one:

It seems like having a Supreme Court justice who likes to gamble and racks up huge debts that he explains implausibly and which disappear mysteriously may not be the best idea, as far as preventing potential corruption or conflicts of interest, right?

Poor Mitch McConnell. He held up Obama's Supreme Court choice for a year because he didn't want to rush things. Now he has to jam a plutocracy lackey through in a few weeks. Good lord, has slimeballism and hypocrisy ever been more obvious :eek: .

Getting a cinch conservative - and Trump Get Out Of Jail Card - on the SCOTUS before the elections is of paramount importance to Republicans, and they will let nothing stop them. Even if Ms. Blasey produced video recordings of the attack, they would turn a blind eye to it. Nothing, absolutely nothing, will be allowed to threaten their vice grip on power. To say they've put politics above country and duty is a vast understatement. They care not a whit about America or democracy, they care only about themselves and the oligarchs - both American and Russian - whom they serve.
Drlee wrote:But really women. You want to bring up some prom-night shenanigans? How about a little substance? But don't bother your pretty little heads about the indisputable fact that this guy will have ultrasound machines shoved up the pussies of every women in the country who considers an abortion for any reason. He will have the nice white men in the state legislatures decide what to do with your bodies. Don't mention that stuff though. That is too hard to think about. Just be nice girls and ask your husbands how to vote. There's a nice girl. Now run along. Donald Trump has your back. You know how much he values women.

Ford's account is that Kavanaugh held her down, covered her mouth, and his buddy Mark Judge started blasting the radio to cover it up. This goes beyond a teenage boy pushing some questionable consent boundaries by feeling up a drunk girl's breasts at a party.

The fact that the Senate Judiciary Committee is willing to push proceedings back an entire week to investigate this (or more accurately, figure out how to slander the woman) is pretty telling of how seriously they take this.

And frankly, I'm glad the Democrats are showing the barest hint of a vestigial spine by doing everything they can to shove this back and delay. I don't think defending a rapist is a good look for the Republicans going into the midyear elections.

But I will give Kavanaugh props being ideologically consistent for decades in his refusal to acknowledge that women should have control over their bodies. You can't fault him for lack of consistency.

Confessions extracted under torture...seems legit.[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]