Illiteracy rate in Palestine one of the lowest in the world - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Ummm.... Israel's GDP is $318.7 billion USD (2016). USA send $5 billion to them every year.

Your claim, @Oxymandias of tourism running Israeli economy, is woefully inaccurate, even if you are bang on, on the rest of your assessments.

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Israel was worth 350.85 billion US dollars in 2017. The GDP value of Israel represents 0.57 percent of the world economy. GDP in Israel averaged 89.46 USD Billion from 1960 until 2017, reaching an all time high of 350.85 USD Billion in 2017 and a record low of 2.51 USD Billion in 1962.
https://tradingeconomics.com/israel/gdp
Oxymandias wrote:My estimate was based on your claim (or maybe DrLee's) of Israel's GDP, which was 7 billion. I adjusted my estimates to that. If you want to know how much half of Israel's GDP would be, then do the math yourself.

Israel: GDP increases 3.5% Gross Domestic Product of Israel grew 3.5% in 2017 compared to last year. This rate is 5 -tenths of one percent less than the figure of 4% published in 2016. The GDP figure in 2017 was $350,851 million, Israel is number 32 in the ranking of GDP of the 196 countries that we publish.
Israel GDP - Gross Domestic Product 2017 | countryeconomy.com

https://countryeconomy.com/gdp/israel?year=2017

Please put this baby to bed now and don't bring it back please.

Oxymandias wrote:Human capital is worthless if they're starving.

:lol: :lol: Well my friends in Israel will be happy to hear that. The obesity epidemic which is hitting all of the Western World including Israel will finally be beaten back !

Seriously, how can an educated man as yourself believe such idiocies ?
Ter wrote:https://countryeconomy.com/gdp/israel?year=2017

Please put this baby to bed now and don't bring it back please.

You are doing good... No one really said otherwise.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/world-ban ... free-fall/

NOW DON'T PERPERTUATE THE JEWISH MISER STEREOTYPE... Share your prosperity, the World Bank is smacking you on the bum. Help your neighbours out damn you.

Lol.
@Godstud

I never said that tourism ran the Israeli economy. Furthermore, my estimates were adjusted to what either Drlee or Ter gave me as Israel's GDP.

@Ter

Then why didn't you say that Israel's GDP is 7 billion? Furthermore, this doesn't address my points at all. Posting Israel's GDP doesn't do anything to my argument.

Agriculture is declining and no one is doing anything about outside of buying food from other countrues. Either they starve or become the dependant on another nation.

@Drlee

I already addressed this post of yours. My argument doesn't change.
Ok. I guess in addition to making stupid remarks based upon nothing at all except (one would presume) some of the pap you have been fed by your government or theocracy, you will add intellectual dishonesty.

You screwed up. I understand not wanting to admit you made a mistake and moving on. It is painful to do that. But it is what grownups do.

I will also point out that this is why it is so difficult for the civilized world to deal with Islamic dictatorships like Iran. (Don't insult us by claiming to be a democracy until you directly elect your religious overlord.) Unless negotiations happen with at least some basis in truth there can be no agreement. You can take heart in knowing that the US may some day free your country.
@Drlee

Ok. I guess in addition to making stupid remarks based upon nothing at all except (one would presume) some of the pap you have been fed by your government or theocracy, you will add intellectual dishonesty.

Yeah cause American and Israeli sources are Iranian propaganda. You do know that the Iranian government doesn't just give out random online sources to people right? Propaganda doesn't need to have evidence. I gave evidence for these matters therefore, by their nature, they aren't propaganda.

You screwed up. I understand not wanting to admit you made a mistake and moving on. It is painful to do that. But it is what grownups do.

I mean, I'm not the one who claimed that Israel had a GDP of 7 billion. I think you're projecting.

I will also point out that this is why it is so difficult for the civilized world to deal with Islamic dictatorships like Iran.

Because of American and Israeli sources and data? That makes no sense. All the sources I have given you aren't Iranian so you're argument makes no sense. Not only that, but the Iranian government doesn't even let American goods into the country let alone books. You just refuse to believe my sources, can't find a valid reason for your disbelief, and decided to claim that it's propaganda.

(Don't insult us by claiming to be a democracy until you directly elect your religious overlord.)

Except that Iran is federalist. Democracy exists at a local level and different provinces have different laws. Tribes basically have autonomy. I doubt you would find this "undemocratic" and if you do, then you clearly don't know what democracy is.

Unless negotiations happen with at least some basis in truth there can be no agreement. You can take heart in knowing that the US may some day free your country.

Dude, the US can't win a war with Iran and if they do, it'll just lead to a bigger clusterfuck than Iraq. Furthermore, this is way off topic and you should talk about the viability of the US beating Iran in a war in the thread which talks about it. It's also there that I gave my arguments. I will have you note that all my arguments are, primarily, based on Clausewitz's works and ideology as a disclaimer. Also the US has destroyed every country it has tried to free. Iran will be no different.
Except that Iran is federalist. Democracy exists at a local level and different provinces have different laws. Tribes basically have autonomy. I doubt you would find this "undemocratic" and if you do, then you clearly don't know what democracy is.

You have no idea what is a democracy

Iran is not a democratic country by any mean

No freedom of speech
No free elections
Iran is basically a theocracy with forced religious laws on the population

how can you call that a democracy? you are seriously delusional
Ter wrote:The proportion of Arabs in Israel proper is 20%.
You count the inhabitants of Judea and Samaria and who know who else to state that half the population of Israel is not Jewish.
A lttle intellectual honesty would go a long way to have a productive conversation, miss.

Israel is controlling all of Palestine and half of the people living there, inc in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem aren't Jews. I'm sorry you have a problem with reality but you are a zionist after all so hey, that's got nowt to do with me...

This is called "hyperbole"

Nope, it's laying out facts for you, sorry they hurt your feelings but they are reality, unless you can prove otherwise. Tip: you can't, so you resort to Drlee-type "nonsense" posts, using a different word in place as if it's not easily noticed. WE SEE YOU.

This was the rubbish part of your post.

Please read the response to the above quote.

Listen to this: Israel isn't going anywhere any time soon.
Of course nations are not going to stay in eternity, but singling out Israel for an early demise is just your wet dream. So keep on dreaming.

Israel as an ethnosupremacist state won't last long at all, this can be seen by even the liberal end of the ethnosupremacists jumping ship today. :D

Verv wrote:I honestly do not think that that is the case. It seems like a convenient conclusion that you guys have come to.

Nobody cares what "you guys" think either, since you don't do much of it anyway re: this topic. Still, the Likud charter states it won't recognise a Palestinian state. And when you look at the reality on the ground, there remains one not to be seen, beyond being occupied and besieged.

Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated because he was so close to establishing the two-state solution, after all, and he was assassinated by Israelis who were upset by it.

Not sure what you're doing here, but this backs up my point, not yours.

Because, obviously, if there is no actual intention of honoring the Palestinian desires with another state, then it's easier to ignore the autonomy of the Palestinian Authority in their own affairs.

Still not sure how this makes apartheid "interesting", but at least you've accepting that the government you shill for is an apartheid state. As I said, progress.

That's not a solution.

That's a fantasy. :D

Yeah, okay, dude who thought the two-state idea was legit a few posts ago. :lol: But, one state is much more realistic than two states, since the former is actually in effect right now albeit with it including ethnosupremacy, apartheid, occupation etc.

Oh, so the delusionis the idea that Jews & Palestinians want to live separately? These years of conflict and the existence of these extremist organizations & stances on both sides aren't indicative of any greater trend?

U wot m8?

It's a good way to describe the white Left.

I love the white left, they're usually more cultural and experienced than featureless mayofolks like, ahem, I will be polite and not name you, Drlee and Ter. :D

Drlee wrote: Encouraging Palestinians to kill children indiscriminately has no justification.

It's Palestinian children murdered very regularly by Israelis. Literally executed by men with guns and body armour who know exactly what they're doing, such as the snipers based outside concentration-camp Gaza that shoot Palestinian children from a distance every Friday for the last 6 months and before and will continue to do since the protests for basic rights aren't stopping. But it's not just them in Gaza, Israeli settlers kill Palestinian children in the occupied-West Bank, regularly, too. A Palestinian child was run over by a settler in the occupied-West Bank this week. Every 3 days is the statistic of Palestinian children being killed by Israeli occupying forces and scummy settlers. This is what you sick fucks support. Sleep well. :)
@Drlee

I mean it was one of you. I'm not particularly sure which. However you would find that I said if Israel's GDP was 7 billion it would account for 4-5 billion of that money making foreign aid comprise of 60-70% of the Israeli GDP. The evidence I had given you also used percentages for their conclusion but I wanted to convert it into numbers for shock value.
Alright, @skinster, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the basis of the Camp David meetings coming to conclusions on a two-state solution?

And, ultimately, what has sabotaged the efforts for such a solution has been extremism? By giving the Israelis reasons to believe that Palestinians are not ready to reach such a conclusion, and to live in peace, haven't they more or less made it so reaching such a solution is impossible?

Look, I do not spend that much time on this because it is a hopeless cause for the Palestinians, and while I agree with the Palestinians on a variety of things, I find that there means of resistance is repugnant and that we do not have any affinities with each other on real political levels. Which is why the Leftist love for them from an anti-colonialist perspective is kind of fascinating...

Like, I see how the Palestinian narrative is a convenient, modern, and simple narrative if you want to talk about colonialism and "Imperialism" and all that other mumbo jumbo for people who've already bought the story line...

But what do you actually have in common with the Palestinians if we think of them from the perspective of their nationhood. Woiuld you like to talk about that for a while? That could be interesting. That could be worth re-visiting this thread.
Verv wrote:Alright, @skinster, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the basis of the Camp David meetings coming to conclusions on a two-state solution?

Yes, that was the plan. It turned out to be a big lie, to reorganize the occupation and for Israel to take the entirety of Palestine. The Palestinians were offered 22% of their country at the Oslo sham, even though Balfour agreement offered them - despite being the majority population - 45% of the country. Israel always wanted all of Palestine and that is a reality on the ground today.

Read these:

The Myth of the Generous Offer

And, ultimately, what has sabotaged the efforts for such a solution has been extremism? By giving the Israelis reasons to believe that Palestinians are not ready to reach such a conclusion, and to live in peace, haven't they more or less made it so reaching such a solution is impossible?

No. You've been taken in by zionist propaganda. The above articles should explain where the extremism actually came from.

Look, I do not spend that much time on this because it is a hopeless cause for the Palestinians, and while I agree with the Palestinians on a variety of things, I find that there means of resistance is repugnant and that we do not have any affinities with each other on real political levels. Which is why the Leftist love for them from an anti-colonialist perspective is kind of fascinating...

You have the attitude you do because you don't know the truth of the situation. That you even complain about Palestinian resistance to the violence they experience from an occupying military force shows how little you know. Occupation is everyday violence and it includes beatings, torture, imprisonment and very regular murder. You would resist just as the Palestinians would if you were dealt the violent hand and boot that Israel imposes upon them; anyone would. Early zionists agreed with me and back then they referred to zionist colonization honestly.

Like, I see how the Palestinian narrative is a convenient, modern, and simple narrative if you want to talk about colonialism and "Imperialism" and all that other mumbo jumbo for people who've already bought the story line...

It is a simple story of European colonization of a Middle Eastern country. We're told it's complicated by people who want to confuse us. Israeli historian Ilan Pappe and US scholar Noam Chomsky both say it's not complicated, it is basically colonialism and settler-colonialism. Why would they lie?

But what do you actually have in common with the Palestinians if we think of them from the perspective of their nationhood. Woiuld you like to talk about that for a while? That could be interesting. That could be worth re-visiting this thread.

I don't understand what you mean here. You'll have to rephrase.
@Zionist Nationalist

There is literally no such thing as "Arab" values. Every person has their own individual values. Not everyone in the West values the same thing as you (quite frankly, there are many in the ME who value the same things as you do and often they are extremists) and not every Arab values the same thing as you.

Furthermore Palestine isn't a country. Israel has tried it's hardest to stop a two-state solution from happening, has trespassed upon the sovereignty of the Palestinian people several times, and directly meddles in Palestinian politics. Palestine is a shithole because Israel made it so and it intends to make it so. A two state solution would never happen while Israel is still around because Israel directly benefits from a one-state solution. A prominent Israeli political leader was even assassinated by other Israelis for advocating for a two-state solution. It's literally impossible no matter how much Palestinians want it.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:The western civilization have nothing common with the Arabs They dont have the same values and there is no reason for the west to support Palestine because it will be another fail shithole full of corruption and misery just like the other countries around

I don't think that's what Verv meant. Still, the West as far as most governments don't support Palestine so I'm not sure what this is about. And did you mean freedom for Palestinians would result in it then turning into a shithole full of corruption and misery, like the PA already is? And how the Israeli govt also already is? :excited:

Oxymandias wrote:Israel has tried it's hardest to stop a two-state solution from happening... A two state solution would never happen while Israel is still around because Israel directly benefits from a one-state solution. A prominent Israeli political leader was even assassinated by other Israelis for advocating for a two-state solution. It's literally impossible no matter how much Palestinians want it.

Many Palestinians actually see the two-state solution for the delusion and land-grab that it is/was. Palestinians I have come across advocate for the one-state solution, since that is what is already the case, except one state where all the people of the land have equal rights, rather than just Jews being the privileged class that has them.

Lol. @FiveofSwords does not remember that he is[…]

…. I don't know who in their right mind would be[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That doesn't answer the question though, how come[…]

@Godstud I suggest you fact-check that. :lo[…]