NHL 2018-19 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Red_Army
I'm watching the Caps beat the shit out of the Bruins on the first day of regular season hockey and figured I'd start a thread for anyone who wants to comment on hockey minutiae. I'm a Dallas Stars fan, they have a new coach some new players and old ones coming back from the KHL (Heiskanen, Nichushkin), a lot of other teams have big additions (Trotz to the isles, Tavares to Toronto, and Karlson to San Jose). What are your predictions for this season?

Caps are good, but Wilson just got suspended for 20 games for a dipshit move. I'm going to make a guess that will please Canadians: Toronto Winnipeg final :lol:

I don't watch enough other teams to have anything more educated then what I saw last year in the playoffs and some conjecture, but make my fucking words.
By Victoribus Spolia
:lol: :lol:

Get ready to see this shit again Mofo

By Victoribus Spolia
Red_Army wrote:Whatever you need to do to keep the dream alive with Rapistburger shitting the bed so hard

Truth. :*(

The bucs weren't no prize either after our owner sold out the fans. Fuck.
By Red_Army
The Bruins are getting deep dicked by the caps right now. Hopefully the Pens get smoked tomorrow!

I like Malkin, Kessel, and of course the big rig: Jamie Oleksiak at least, but fuck the pens and fuck Crosby 8)
By Victoribus Spolia
Red_Army wrote:but fuck the pens and fuck Crosby

We were just meant to be enemies now weren't we? ITs almost like we were made to oppose each other on every fucking thing. :lol:
By Red_Army
Victoribus Spolia wrote:We were just meant to be enemies now weren't we? ITs almost like we were made to oppose each other on every fucking thing.

I had money on tOSU last week too :lol:
By Heisenberg
God hates the Pens and will have His vengeance upon them in the next world (Isaiah 13:11).

I'm far from an expert on hockey and I've been a bit distracted by baseball and football the last few weeks, so I'd be lying if I claimed to know much about the Devils beyond Taylor Hall being a beast. My understanding is they have shit defence and mediocre goalies, but young forwards who'll give it the old college try. So, they'll probably at least be fun to watch. :lol:

As it happens, I might be going to watch the Devils play the Stars in a couple of weeks, @Red_Army. Anyone I should keep an eye out for?

Finally: Fuck the Rangers, fuck the Flyers, and of course, fuck Sidney Crosby.
By Red_Army
I'm biased @Heisenberg, but the Stars top line is all amazing: #14 Jamie Benn is a sniper and very physical player, #47 Radulov is a toothless Russian badass, #91 Tyler Seguin is a pretty boy and probably the best player on the team. Also norris trophy contender #3 John Klingberg is an awesome offensive defenseman, and #4 Miro Heiskanen was the 3rd overall draft pick 2 years ago and looks to be another amazing defenseman. Also the starting goalie #30 (I think?) Ben Bishop is a badass who often gets out of the net to stick check and pass up ice.

They're a top heavy offensive team. Super scary when everything clicks, but they struggle entering the offensive zone and clearing from their end. They beat the shit out of the yotes last night, but that's not saying a lot. @Victoribus Spolia that Caps Pens game was nuts.
By Victoribus Spolia
Red_Army wrote:@Victoribus Spolia that Caps Pens game was nuts.

Did you expect anything less?
By Red_Army
I always forget how high scoring the first week of NHL hockey is. 13 goals is a lot for one game :lol:

Kuznetsov is insanely good and Big Rig scored so I'm satisfied. Caps getting 3 points out of a back to back against 2 playoff teams is not bad.
By Victoribus Spolia
It was pretty sloppy game for both teams in all honesty, which is why it was so high scoring and all over the map.
By Heisenberg
Just got home from the Devils vs Stars game. LET'S GO DEVILS! :D

Thoughts: the first period was dull as shit (it didn't help that we arrived just after the first goal). But, it really picked up afterwards. Palmieri and Kinkaid were on fire. I also finally saw my first legit live hockey fight! :lol:
By Red_Army
Ya the Devils are definitely in the throes of their early season success. I give them 3 more games before imploding :lol:

I'm definitely giving that fight to Jamie Benn (and really this is more important than the game), but you guys can see for yourself. It was a good fight :D

https://streamable.com/hw6bh
By Godstud
I hope the Oilers can make the play-offs this year. That's about it, mind you. I'm not hopeful.

At least we still have McDavid.
By Heisenberg
Red_Army wrote:Ya the Devils are definitely in the throes of their early season success. I give them 3 more games before imploding

Looks like that was generous! :lol:

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So have people given up on blaming that terrorist […]

@ingliz good to know, so why have double standar[…]

...Or maybe because there are many witnesses sayin[…]