Feinstein Refers Kavanaugh to FBI for Alleged Sexual Assault 30 years ago - Page 42 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
What you continually fail to recognize, is that a SCOTUS is a life-time position. The POTUS is elected. The POTUS has a limited term(8 years, tops). The SCOTUS has little to no over-sight.

I don't give a fuck if the guy's Clinton. Clinton lied under oath and was impeached. We're not discussing that.
Several class mates and two other people say it was a drinking game:

Devil's triangle was also the name of a board game for kids in the 80s.

It's also the name of a beer.

Another meaning:

:lol:

An Urban Dictionary entry from 2008 is obviously not a reliable source for what the term meant in the 80s to a group of teenagers.
Newly seated Justice Brett Kavanaugh spoke up Wednesday in defense of the Trump administration’s view that legal immigrants with criminal records must be arrested and held for deportation, even years after they were convicted and completed their sentences.

Right out of the gate.

Because no one would ever want to make judgements about someone today based on what they did years ago. Or so I've heard.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Several class mates and two other people say it was a drinking game.

It's their own version of what is called Beer Pong. Obviously simplified into just the Bermuda/Beer-Pong/Threesome/Devil's Triangle rules of the game, and a quarter instead of a Pong Ball.
MistyTiger wrote:@blackjack21 Are you saying that Kavanaugh kept a diary of all his deeds in his life? This we have to see.

Dear diary, today I was not at a party. My friend Mark went and felt up willing and drunk bitches. I am glad I stayed home to shop for pricey hockey tickets instead!

-Brett

So are you saying you didn't watch any of the hearings at all? Your assumptions would explain a lot if you're just getting your info from MSNBC or CNN.

Finfinder wrote:I thinks it might be debatable that she wanted to keep it anonymous she is smart enough to make the calculation weather it would stay that way. She told the media and trusted them ? I agree she was brave to go in front of congress was forced to basically.

That's another reason I think the story is bullshit. Most women do not want to come forward, because they do not want that to happen to them. So the Democrats basically created a situation where women are less likely to come forward. They don't actually care about women. They care about being in power.

Rich wrote:The last 3 presidents have appointed 1 judge per term. If the Democrats manage to get the triple lock, as the Republicans have now, they should just appoint justices to match Trumps rate, increasing the size of the supreme court as necessary.

Even 4-term dictator-for-life president Franklin Delano Roosevelt couldn't get court packing done. Reagan, Nixon, Eisenhower and Truman appointed 4 justices each. Trump already has two done, and he will probably have more. If he is re-elected, I would say he has two more in the bag.

Steve_American wrote:If they uncover convincing proof that he lied under oath, they can send a Bill of impeachment to the Senate. If the Senate does not "convict" and remove him from office, then (as soon as they control the Gov.) they can pass a simple law to add justices to the SC.

The problem is that there are no material lies. Trying to make a case that "boofing" or "devil's triangle" means something other than what Kavanaugh said isn't material to whether or not he attempted to rape Blasey-Ford at some non-specific date, time and location. The reality is that if you tried impeaching him on a material commission of a crime or malfeasance of office, not only would he not be removed by the Senate, the Democrats would likely be punished by the voters.

Steve_American wrote:It would be up to the American people to decide.

That's precisely the problem the establishment is facing. The American people aren't cool with their games anymore.

Suntzu wrote:I hope he has a long memory and is a little vindictive. ;) ;)

I think that's what the Democrats are concerned about.

Zagadka wrote:Do you really believe that Devil's Triangle is a drinking game and "Renette Alumnius" isn't a bang list...

Yes.

Kaiserschmarrn wrote:As far as I know, nobody went back to see if she ever made any juvenile jokes, and neither did it count against her that all her online presences were apparently scrubbed before she came forward.

Yes, and everybody knows that she was trying to scrub her public statements from public scrutiny in view of this hearing, which suggests a little more than someone who just wanted to come forward to tell their story.

Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Furthermore, plenty of people who have known Kavanaugh for a long time, including women and a former girlfriend, have vouched for his good character. That must surely work in his favour, yet we are supposed to ignore this and concentrate on yearbook entries and ice throwing.

Yeah, it seems that every bit of character testimony supporting Kavanaugh gets disregarded by this lot. The problem for them is that he was well known in Washington. He knew Susan Collins, Justice Kennedy, Elena Kagan, etc. So it's just not believable that this stuff wouldn't have come out sooner.

Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Overall, the fact that we are talking about obscure inside jokes by a group of friends from over three decades ago just shows how weak the case against Kavanaugh is.

Weak? It's pathetic.

Godstud wrote:I used this term as a youth and Kavanaugh's only 2 years older, then me.

Tell us all about it Godstud! Did you cross swords with one of your friends and another girl? I thought Canadians were so super progressive that nothing like that would ever transpire in Canada.

colliric wrote:Who's Naieve now? Men drink.... Men play drinking games.... Men name stuff in Drinking games after rude shit..... Men are immature...

http://beerpongall-stars.com/2015/08/15 ... er-pong-2/
http://beerpongall-stars.com/2015/10/21 ... r-pong-10/

Just two other examples of names of Beer Pong rules....

Mr Kavanaugh loved his beer too you know. You can't have this both ways.

These people are pretty sore losers. Most people Kavanaugh's age probably wouldn't want to be subjected to a line of question of the things they did while drunk in high school, college, or even their young adult life.

Godstud wrote:You have a vote, for a President. You do not have a vote for a SCOTUS. Stupid comparison.

People voted for Trump in part, because he named a list of people he wanted to appoint to the Supreme Court. Kavanaugh was on that list. So voters knew before the election what they could expect from Trump in terms of court appointments. The Democrats paid a very high price for Obamacare. Losing Congress in 2010 was a huge mistake. ObamaCare was definitely not worth this. Especially when you consider how many court appointments Trump has had so far.

colliric wrote:So a President that loves Beer and Beer Games(because he also played Beer Pong most likely) isn't a bad thing, but somehow if it's a SCOTUS appointee he is disqualified for liking the exact same shit the former Presidents (including Bill who also famously loved both Beer and McDonalds) liked.

Obama admitted to smoking pot and dabbling with cocaine, and he became president. That's why it's so mystifying that these people think they have some sort of meaningful issue here.

Godstud wrote:What you continually fail to recognize, is that a SCOTUS is a life-time position.

So what? I think people do recognize that. Congress can impeach SCOTUS judges.

Drlee wrote:I love the conservatives on this one.

Kavanaugh should be a Supreme Court Justice because he "might" not be an attempted rapist with a drinking problem.

Love it.

So you are not including yourself among them. Are you finally coming out of the closet and admitting you aren't a conservative?

Zagadka wrote:Right out of the gate.

Because no one would ever want to make judgements about someone today based on what they did years ago. Or so I've heard.

If they lie on their immigration forms, they are illegal.

Here's to Brett Kavanaugh! :cheers:
blackjack21 wrote:Tell us all about it Godstud! Did you cross swords with one of your friends and another girl? I thought Canadians were so super progressive that nothing like that would ever transpire in Canada.
No, I'm not an American asshole. I am familiar with the term.

As you have no argument, you always turn to personal attacks. Will you ever grow up?
Godstud wrote:No, I'm not an American asshole. I am familiar with the term.

Then you should also be familiar with the fact it IS ALSO a term associated with a fratboy drinking game involving a pong ball(or a quarter) and beer filled cups setup in the shape of a Triangle(the traditional Bowling pin & Billiards style shape)...

Mr Kavanaugh admitted he likes Beer and Beer culture alot.
Godstud wrote:Yes, and putting a self-admitted alcoholic is exactly the kind of SCOTUS that the USA needs. :roll:

So after other liberals calling him a rapist, he has now also become an alcoholic.
I believe you also mentioned that you liked to drink beer.
Are you an alcoholic also ?
I have not seen or heard anything that believable points to the Associate Judge of the Supreme Court of the United States the Honourable Brett Kavanough being an alcoholic.
I am also convinced that if he were an alcoholic, the numerous background checks from the FBI would have revealed that.
Yet the demented Feinstein didn't have that to crow about.
You just call him an alcoholic because you are crying over Trump's victory.
How long will this continue ?
Godstud wrote::lol: @Ter You are sounding more like the Trump Cultist that you are, every day.

:D Did you run out of arguments?
I am asking this because you did not reply to any of my arguments.
Trump is in my view better than any of those democrats that have tried every dirty trick in the book to derail the SCOTUS nomination.
At the same time, Trump is good for Israel and bad for Iran.
Drlee wrote:I love the conservatives on this one.

Kavanaugh should be a Supreme Court Justice because he "might" not be an attempted rapist with a drinking problem.

Love it.

I love that the left have nothing left but "sling enough mud and maybe something will stick".

The whole spectacle was a display of their desperation.

blackjack21 wrote:Yes, and everybody knows that she was trying to scrub her public statements from public scrutiny in view of this hearing, which suggests a little more than someone who just wanted to come forward to tell their story.

One can at least wonder why it was necessary for all of it to go down the memory hole and why she never handed over the therapist's notes and full polygraph details. It seems odd that the latter two would be withheld by her lawyers, unless they weren't particularly helpful/supportive of her account.
Zagadka wrote:I love that you think it is just the left.

I do think the mudslingers overwhelmingly identify as left-wing. As I said earlier, his confirmation should also be regarded as a vote against the underhanded methods, and not only as a vote for Kavanaugh.

Godstud wrote:I don't give a fuck if the guy's Clinton. Clinton lied under oath and was impeached. We're not discussing that.

Impeached by the house but acquitted by the senate, with all Democrats in the senate voting not guilty.

And to this day 75% of Democrats view Bill Clinton favourably. Make no mistake, if the roles were reversed, Kavanaugh would have been confirmed by the Democrats in a heartbeat. There's nothing uniquely Republican or right-wing about the partisanship we've seen over the last few weeks. The only difference here is that, with somebody else but Trump in the White House, there would have been a higher chance of Republicans capitulating.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:I do think the mudslingers overwhelmingly identify as left-wing.

We literally have a president who calls people offensive nicknames. Both sides are stupid. It is just hard for most people to realize how stupid their side actually is.
Finfinder wrote:I fully agree people have the rights to voice their opinions I was responding to the fact you said those opinions that differed from yours were not critical thinkers.

I thinks it might be debatable that she wanted to keep it anonymous she is smart enough to make the calculation weather it would stay that way. She told the media and trusted them ? I agree she was brave to go in front of congress was forced to basically.

I was referring to relating to having a family and the type of career Kavanaugh has and the pressure leading up to it. There isn't any evidence that is his normal behavior.

The fact that people support Trump and his picks because he's unlike others...that is not good critical thinking. I feel like people aren't really thinking things through. Trump is different, but how? What does he want? How will his actions affect our future? His supporters tend to only see the not so ugly effects. While people like me can see a possible recession or depression on the horizon, and possibly more disasters in store for the USA and the world. I want world peace but a Trump supporter seems to like havoc and fighting.

From what I have read, she told Feinstein in confidence and Buzzfeed dug around and leaked her name. Then she was asked to come out and testify. She looks reluctant in my opinion.

How about Russia uses a battle field nuclear we[…]

@Tainari88 , @Godstud @Rich , @Verv , @Po[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]