Chris Hedges tells Jimmy Dore just how bad it is and calls the elite vicious, they must be stopped. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Late Stage Capitalism Is Killing America w/Chris Hedges (part 3) on Jumy Dore Show

35.5 mun.

A call to arms by Chris Hedges. Because of climate change there is no time to waste we must act now. The actual stake is human survival.

I say what we need is 1000 martyrs. 1000 people who are willing to face 99% chance of death to save the rest of us. Then we must follow them and do whatever it takes.

But, nobody ever followed me anywhere so it will not happen.
We are doomed to see the unavoidable coming extinction in your lifetime.
Prove me wrong.
Ok, so I didn’t listen to the whole video. But I listened enough to judge these guys. What they are on about is social justice. As in the original social justice from late 19th century America.

Modern social justice is really tribalism. Being based on group rights that are adversarially opposed to other groups, it can not help but become what it purports to oppose. That is Prejudice such as racism and sexism.

But that isn’t the original American Jesuit intention when they first coined the phrase ‘social justice’. You, @Steve_American , are a cultural throw back.

I must admit that I find Americans to be a source of eternal fascination.
We need to abandon the idea that equality has anything to do with race, sex, religion, etc. It doesn’t. Equality is leaving other people alone and not interfering in their lives. We think the solution to inequality is to interfere in everyone’s life with our self righteous concepts. It will always accomplish the opposite. What we have done in the US is not reduce prejudice but change the targets of that prejudice.
One Degree wrote:We need to abandon the idea that equality has anything to do with race, sex, religion, etc. It doesn’t. Equality is leaving other people alone and not interfering in their lives. We think the solution to inequality is to interfere in everyone’s life with our self righteous concepts. It will always accomplish the opposite. What we have done in the US is not reduce prejudice but change the targets of that prejudice.

For example. Liberals embrace minorities now, but hate conservatives. They are just as self righteous about it as when they hated minorities. Conservatives are no better, well maybe a little. :)
@One Degree,
In the video at the end, Chris points out that the American people must unite and stop letting the elites split them.
So, liberals must make common cause with skinheads and the like to defeat the corps. and fight later among themselves.
There he also says that climate change will kill us all if we don't or can't act very soon.
He says that he reds the climate reports and they all say that, *They [the scientists] underestimated the speed with which it would happen. That we have far less time to act than they said.*
One Degree wrote:Equality is leaving other people alone and not interfering in their lives. We think the solution to inequality is to interfere in everyone’s life with our self righteous concepts.

Yes right, so if me and my compatriots want to say bomb some Muslim country into rubble, why can't we be left in peace to get on with it, without people like you criticising us for it. Intervening all over the world is part of our British and Anglospheric culture. Jefferson was barely in office before he was a launching a trans continental war. I think he wisely waited until after the ships had sailed to inform congress, otherwise the self righteous interfering, virtue signalling, busybodies in congress would have tried to interfere with his plans.
Rich wrote:Yes right, so if me and my compatriots want to say bomb some Muslim country into rubble, why can't we be left in peace to get on with it, without people like you criticising us for it. Intervening all over the world is part of our British and Anglospheric culture. Jefferson was barely in office before he was a launching a trans continental war. I think he wisely waited until after the ships had sailed to inform congress, otherwise the self righteous interfering, virtue signalling, busybodies in congress would have tried to interfere with his plans.

Where do you get ‘bombing people’ from ‘leaving people alone’? If we adopt true equality of leaving people alone then any country that violates it should be obliteread. Do what you want in your own country, but interfere with others and we will jointly eliminate you.
It doesn't seem like any of you got the message that Chris is trying to tell you.
1] Climate change will kill us all if it isn't stopped. At least it is not a crazy worst case to react to, since the hidden feedback processes are really not fully understood or are even unknown. But we are almost certain beyond any doubt they are there. The climate scientists say it is happening much faster than they had thought it would and therefore we must act now. We do not have time to fight for a decade to get our nation back. By then it will be too late.
2] The globalist corporate elite are not doing anything at all to stop it. America is the worst in this regard.
3] In America politics as usual is not going to overcome the entrenched money interest that has bought the Repuds and the Third Way Dems. It will take a lot more. I suggested mass demonstrations in the streets over the next 2 years once a month to show ourselves and everyone that the American people are not going to let our nation be taken away from our control any longer. That either the Dems wake up and rejoin the mass of the people or the mass of the people will take over the Green party and use it to push the Dems and the Repuds aside to get our nation back.
It is either this (take America back, now) or we all die (including our children and grandchildren) in the next few decades. WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE.!.!.!
Sivad wrote: :knife: Only if it leads to nuclear war or something. Climate change alone is not an existential threat to civilization.

Sir, you are not an expert (neither am I) your opinion is not going to change reality.
If you are wrong and your opinion is enough to stop us from acting, then YOU personally will be responsible for the extinction of humanity.
I don't know about you but I would not want that to be the last thing I knew before I died.
I'll follow Chris Hedges rather than you, OK?

BTW --- on my computer the word "vicious" is split in the subject line.
I really hope you-all understand that the elite will sig guard dogs on demonstrators (etc.) to intimidate them. They are vicious.
Jimmy is a great commentator and genuinely is interesting to listen to.

He's a real Democrat unlike the corporate Wall Street cunts that run the party these days.

I'm surprised YouTube and Facebook hasn't banned his stuff yet. He's just as passionate about his politics as Alex Jones is passionate about his.
colliric wrote:
I meant by modern progressive post-Kennedy standards of cause.

I want to see this party kill off the Corporate bullshit Clinton era and get back to a competitive progressive agenda.

Bullshit, you already supported a right wing corporate rapist for the supreme court. You literally say how much anti-white, progressive agenda is. And your a trump supporter. You're a hypocrite and hell support democrats in the mid term if you want any of that. You bipolor trumpster.
Libertarian353 wrote:So he supports slavery and racism. :lol:

Democrats are racist! Democrats want to give power to minorities! And this makes sense because kek reasons!

You have to be in a hierarchical structure right?[…]

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]

We have totally dominant hate filled ideology. T[…]