#MeToo Hysteria Is A Pretext For Women To Take Power And Money Away From Men - Page 51 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I found that the vast majority of sexual encounters I had were just fine. No regrets or problems.

You just have to follow a few simple rules:

1. Always use a condom.
2. Only have sex with people who treat you with respect, are honest with you, and trust you.
3. Treat the other person with respect, be honest, and trust.

Also, a shower before and after also makes things more fun.

Condoms can be optional after marriage.
I haven’t had sex since my wife died. I know I can’t care for another woman enough to justify having sex with them. It doesn’t seem right to me. Obviously, I wasn’t that concerned before marriage so I regret most of those now.
AFAIK wrote:There are women who work as prostitutes willfully because they enjoy sex and like money. Why are you ignoring them?

If you think women who work in prostitution are enjoying sex, I don't know what to tell you, except it's not sex, it's masturbation.

Who exactly am I ignoring?

There are peole who work in all sorts of miserable and degrading conditions due to economic circumstances. Why aren't they worthy of your sympathy?

They are.
I knew a happy hooker. She was the daughter of a friend. She was upbeat and seemed happy. According to her father, if she called it was to ask for money, if she visited it was to see what she could steal. She was happy because she did not give a shit about herself or anyone else.
Just one example and there are all kinds of people but our view of our own happiness is not very dependable sometimes.
People aren't happy because they measure up to the standards of others. They are happy because they believe they are doing the best for themselves that they can under the circumstances.

I know hookers who would absolutely rather do something else but who believe that they are doing the best they can under the circumstances in which they find themselves. Would they do something else if they could? Sure. Except that first they would have to kick heroin or meth, have the amazing luck to get enough money to get indoors and then get the training or education to do something else.

Arresting a John does not get them off of the streets, into rehab and graduating from college. It turns them into beggars or burglars.

Prostitution comes in lots of forms. Some of it is incredibly abusive and some is not so much. I am ready to see the hoards of people showing up at my clinic on Sunday ready to pay for apartments for all of the homeless men (yes, men turn tricks too) and women so they won't have to resort to prostitution. Standing by. Maybe the republican party will pick up the issue.
@Drlee said...
People aren't happy because they measure up to the standards of others. They are happy because they believe they are doing the best for themselves that they can under the circumstances.

Well stated and I totally agree. I may be wrong in the example I used. She may indeed be truly happy. I have no way of knowing. It is indeed those who rely on the standards of others to determine their happiness that will have difficulty finding it.

Edit: @Special Olympian, please note I changed my opinion again and I still don’t see it as a flaw. :)
Drlee showed me my appraisal was unfair and I appreciate being corrected.
Last edited by One Degree on 21 Oct 2018 15:38, edited 2 times in total.
AFAIK wrote:You don't give that impression. Where's the 50 page thread about men being abused on fishing boats? Why don't you post endless tweets about that?

I've talked about fishermen in Palestine who get shot to death by navy boats for going beyond the limit that Israel dictates fishermen/women of Gaza can go out into. Still, changing the subject from prostitution isn't an argument here, but thanks for trying.

I spent 10 seconds looking and I've already contradicted your narrative on prostitution.

First article is of a girl who webcams, who I already said above are mainly the type who promote prostitution, because they can do so from the safety of their screens.

The second, woman is a pimp, of course she's going to promote prostitution.

Why won't you listen to women like Rachel Moran and Sabrina Valice, who've experienced real world prostitution? Julie Bindel who's reported on it from various countries? Why do you ignore them while going digging for webcam girls who promote prostitution? My guess is because it benefits you. If you can look at the women and children in your life and be okay with thinking it okay for them to sell their bodies to be used and abused by gross men, then fine, you support prostitution and that's your opinion. If you can't, you're hypocrites.
skinster wrote:First article is of a girl who webcams, who I already said above are mainly the type who promote prostitution, because they can do so from the safety of their screens.

Do you think webcam girls will not engage in actual prostitution if given the opportunity? Think about it; they can vet their client and set their price to maximize profit thus minimizing their risks.
I just typed "happy hooker" into a search engine and copy-pasted the first 2 results. I didn't read beyond the headlines, I didn't research the topic. I merely wanted to contradict skinster's narrative since her version of debate is, "read this book" or "watch this documentary". She can't even acknowledge that men are prostituted.
I am sure some webcam girls would be prostitutes but I doubt that is the main factor.
I believe a great number of women enjoy exhibitionism and there is little doubt men strongly encourage them to do so. I don’t suppose any of you have encouraged your wives to wear sexy outfits or much more? Lol
maz wrote:Do you think webcam girls will not engage in actual prostitution if given the opportunity?

I don't see it happening. The vocal sellers of prostitution are web-cam girls or pimps.

AFAIK wrote:I just typed "happy hooker" into a search engine and copy-pasted the first 2 results. I didn't read beyond the headlines, I didn't research the topic. I merely wanted to contradict skinster's narrative since her version of debate is, "read this book" or "watch this documentary". She can't even acknowledge that men are prostituted.

Thanks for pointing out how lazy you are on this topic that you've picked a side without really researching beyond the immediate results in your search engine that conform to your point of view, since I guess people being prostituted benefits you, somehow. I can't imagine why else you'd support that industry of sexual slavery.

You should read a book on this topic, or books, or pay attention to activists/journalists who speak to actual prostitutes and victims of trafficking and report on the same. Maybe start with The Pimping of Prostitution by Julie Bindel. Or Rachel Moran's actual experience for many years as a prostituted woman. Her memoir is actually a really well written book, she spent a decade on it while experiencing therapy at the time to deal with the trauma that so-called job entails.

I never denied men are prostituted, but there are also different power dynamics at play between men and men and men and women and my focus is on the latter - since I'm a feminist - and their children, which include future men. I had no idea you were concerned about prostituted men though. Some progress. :)
skinster wrote: If you can look at the women and children in your life and be okay with thinking it okay for them to sell their bodies to be used and abused by gross men, then fine, you support prostitution and that's your opinion. If you can't, you're hypocrites.

There's no hypocrisy in opposing prostitution on moral grounds while supporting legalization. I think it's immoral but it's also none of my business as long as it doesn't cause unacceptable harm to third parties. Because allowing it does inevitably cause unacceptable harm to third parties and there is no way of preventing that harm short of prohibition, prohibition is justified.
skinster wrote::eh:
Yeah, okay.

"the sole end for which mankind are warranted, individually or collectively, in interfering with the liberty of action of any of their number, is self-protection. That the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not a sufficient warrant. He cannot rightfully be compelled to do or forbear because it will be better for him to do so, because it will make him happier, because, in the opinion of others, to do so would be wise, or even right... The only part of the conduct of anyone, for which he is amenable to society, is that which concerns others. In the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute. Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign."
skinster wrote:Alexandra Kollontai
>:

A woman that proposed ideas where children will be raised by "workers childcare centers" so their parents can have more "free time". Where the state will take the "burden" of child rearing from women and parents. So the proletariat can enjoy a "modern" industrious life. She is the ethos of what communist tried to achieve. >:

Just another progressive dare devil.
Albert wrote:>:

A woman that proposed ideas where children will be raised by "workers childcare centers" so their parents can have more "free time". Where the state will take the "burden" of child rearing from women and parents. So the proletariat can enjoy a "modern" industrious life. She is the ethos of what communist tried to achieve. >:

Just another progressive dare devil.

Sounds like a Scientologist to me...

They are notorious for that kind of thinking...
colliric wrote:Sounds like a Scientologist to me...

They are notorious for that kind of thinking...
Yes, just imagine those people get into power and try to enforce their "benevolent" vision on everyone. You get Soviet Union. Well you don't actually have to imagine hard enough, as we have a similar thing happening in the west right now with the progressive visionaries who are leading all of us to a wonderful imaginary rainbow society.

@ingliz I know you want this disgusting ideology[…]

He's a parasite

This is another one: https://www.youtube.com/shor[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 18, Thursday The rise of a canny classroom[…]

Seems like the Left in Western European countri[…]