Migrant Caravan from Guatemala Approaching US, Just in Time for the Midterms! - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
One Degree wrote:Lol. They have been tutored in their answers. Like when the reporter asked why they did not accept asylum in Mexico, they all answered...
“Mexico’s asylum policy takes too long so we are going to walk all the way to the US where it is faster.”
Yeah, that’s believable.

Yes, all these thousands of people all have the exact smae tutoring and will all follow it exactly.

Oh wait, that only makes sense if you assume Latinos have no brains or will!
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, all these thousands of people all have the exact smae tutoring and will all follow it exactly.

Oh wait, that only makes sense if you assume Latinos have no brains or will!

Why not, that is exactly what probably 99.9% of people do in their political comments on places like Twitter. They just repeat the lines they were fed. It is not very difficult to do today. Anyone capable of accessing the internet knows what you need to say to get in the US.
Anyone could just ask one of the migrants.

They would have no clue about the timing of this. You should read some about how the waves happen. They are almost always a result of information/disinformation at home.

To believe this was not well planned by someone other than ‘desperate asylum seekers’ defies credulity.

Read the above. Starting something like this and keeping it going is ridiculously easy. It is a self-feeding animal. Just put the idea out there with some specifics, egg people on through social media and watch the crowd grow. It is not unlike a flash mob in some ways. Then as it progresses it would grow as opportunists join on the outside chance that they might succeed.
Drlee wrote:They would have no clue about the timing of this. You should read some about how the waves happen. They are almost always a result of information/disinformation at home.

Read the above. Starting something like this and keeping it going is ridiculously easy. It is a self-feeding animal. Just put the idea out there with some specifics, egg people on through social media and watch the crowd grow. It is not unlike a flash mob in some ways. Then as it progresses it would grow as opportunists join on the outside chance that they might succeed.

Well since I remember being the instigator a couple times in my youth, I can’t deny it could have been started by anyone. The timing makes it more likely it was instigated by political operatives. They chose the most crucial time to impact US elections right after Congress recessed. That is a very narrow window to be a coincidence.
I think Trump should just shut down the border with Mexico, and freeze all remittances to Mexico, Honduras, and El Salvador. Perhaps he could even put an emergency embargo on trade with the countries while Congress is out of session. This will collapse their stock markets and currencies over night. They need the smack of firm government to put them back in line.

The last time Trump threatened to send troops to the border, his approval went up like 10%. I think he'd see a big pop if he did that. It's tantamount to an invasion. So it is certainly worth a firm response. I would even put a carrier battle group off the coast of Central America.
I think Trump should just shut down the border with Mexico, and freeze all remittances to Mexico, Honduras, and El Salvador. Perhaps he could even put an emergency embargo on trade with the countries while Congress is out of session. This will collapse their stock markets and currencies over night. They need the smack of firm government to put them back in line.

Agreed. And the ban on remittances should remain in place. There should be a permanent ban on sending money to these countries without a permit. Money transfers should require proof of citizenship or legal status and should be limited to no more than two transactions per person per month.

The carrier battle group would look very silly. Trump is winning this one big. No need to risk losing it for overacting.
For once I have to agree with TRUMP on an issue.

These people moving en-masse are not 'refugees', they are provocative, economic, opportunist, migrants, determined to do to America, what Mediterranean(North African) migrants have done to Europe, to swamp - displace indigenous peoples by breeding like rabbits, in order to use the offspring as emotional blackmail to remain in the countries that they invade.

It is not right that these people can march past\through other countries great distances, to pick & choose to go where they like.

It's why the U.K has voted to get out of Europe

TRUMP should penalise Guatemala & Mexico for such provocations.

The right way to counter these movements is for the World Bank to get involved, to bring pressure on countries that create the situations that make people want to migrate in such numbers.

It's the economic policies(or lack of them)that make these situations possible, these migrations should be stopped wherever they occur & their governments have proper policies forced upon them in order to remedy these situations.

In Europe, NOTHING is done to return these people to their own countries.

Ask yourselves this question,. " If other people from whence these migrants come, can stay without problems from the spurious reasons that are given by self-styled 'refugees', then why can the migrant 'refugees' not stay with their fellow countrymen, even if that means moving within their own country"?

'Economic' or other 'problems' should be addressed from within the countries, they are not sorted by running away from them through migration.

I strongly suspect that there is a Left Wing political conspiracy within the U.N that is driving these migrations.

TRUMP should STOP funding the U.N completely, it would soon shut down to the benefit of all.
Current Democrat leaders support illegal immigration. They have sanctuary cities and even a sanctuary state.
Americans are overwhelmingly against this, so why do 51% supposedly vote for Democrats? It makes no sense. Why would you possibly vote for people supporting this?
I am not just ranting, I am curious to hear a justification.
One Degree wrote:Current Democrat leaders support illegal immigration. They have sanctuary cities and even a sanctuary state.
Americans are overwhelmingly against this, so why do 51% supposedly vote for Democrats? It makes no sense. Why would you possibly vote for people supporting this?
I am not just ranting, I am curious to hear a justification.

Voter fraud.
Current Democrat leaders support illegal immigration.

No they don't. Give me a source for this.

They have sanctuary cities and even a sanctuary state.

This has nothing to do with illegal immigration or deporting those here illegally. It is simply an issue about local law enforcement.

Surely you of all people support allowing local governments to choose how to spend their law enforcement money. Surly you of all people expect local law enforcement to enforce local laws and not federal policies.
Drlee wrote:No they don't. Give me a source for this.

This has nothing to do with illegal immigration or deporting those here illegally. It is simply an issue about local law enforcement.

Surely you of all people support allowing local governments to choose how to spend their law enforcement money. Surly you of all people expect local law enforcement to enforce local laws and not federal policies.

Come on. You are smart enough to see through that. How expensive is it to send a text to ICE?
If you harbor illegals, you support illegals. They actively fight for increased rights for them.

Edit: @Drlee This is a national security issue and therefore is under the authority of the autonomous area. It is not something lower levels are allowed to do. I have no objections to California for example becoming autonomous and do as they please.
Drlee wrote:No they don't. Give me a source for this.
Drlee seriously? Are you just trolling us sometimes or do you forget Chuck Schumer crying with "Dreamers" and Democrats defending "Sanctuary Cities". Democratic party, heavens knows why, have actually styled themselves as defenders of illegal immigration.

They have made themselves into a party that goes against the law. It is bizarre to say the least.

To any sensible person the Democratic party (or as Trump likes to call them now the Democrat Party), to any person with good sense the party platform is incomprehensible. Sure they can sell it to young people who do not know better or minorities, but to people who have basic common sense these people are no better then lunatics.

The most surprising part is that you have educated people who vote and partake in the party, I suspect this is due to indoctrination and believing in progressive utopian narrative that Democrats represent and aspire to. That looks nice and makes one feel all nice inside but is not practical.
Last edited by Albert on 23 Oct 2018 01:42, edited 1 time in total.
Zagadka wrote:It is sad that you think in such black and white that any immigration reform becomes "totally open borders" or "support illegal immigration". Sad, but not surprising.
Sanctuary Cities Zagadka, Sanctuary Cities. What the heck is that?

Honestly just think for a second. It is blatant defiance of the law, and on top of that you have people in high places of power who choose to not fallow the law. California can be said is in full rebellion of the federal government in this regard. This is what the Democratic party has done and most people who follow them either do not understand what is happening or they support it. Yet they are playing with fire here, this is serious shuite man if you really think about it.

Why do you think you have a lot of people seriously freaking out about how the country is divided. Because of bullshit like this. And for what? So you can save some Mexicans from evil Nazis? Or some other progressive fanatical nonsense.

@Tainari88 , @Godstud @Rich , @Verv , @Po[…]

Blah blah. If Russia uses nukes, the rest of the […]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]