Is the NPC Meme the End of SJWs on the Internet? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

This is the writer of the article that claimed the NPC meme's dehumanize SJWs. Anyone who uses a resting bitch face as their profile pic probably has no sense of humor and it probably offended by everything and everyone. You can bet on it.

Not only that but she is smarter than you and also morally superior to you!

You can tell by the tone of her article that she is really offended by the meme :lol:
maz wrote:They are the characters in the game that are not controlled by the player. They are controlled by scripts within the game's code.

Sadly that is usually the case, but I see no fundamental reason why they couldn't be programmed in a statically typed language. I think we can do better than the current C++ plus scripting language formula.
maz wrote:They are the characters in the game that are not controlled by the player. They are controlled by scripts within the game's code.

So, when you call someone an NPC, are you saying that they are not human and just a mindless drone?

Also, the term does not come from video games, even though the term is used correctly in the video game industry.
maz wrote:Anyone who uses a resting bitch face as their profile pic probably has no sense of humor and it probably offended by everything and everyone. You can bet on it.

Fuck you man!

I think I have a rest "predator" face. SO I feel the pain!
@maz

By making leftists NPCs thus implying that they are only doing the things the right perceives they do not out of their own agency but due to their own "programming". Basically, leftists or "SJWs" aren't people with diverse ranges of thought, beliefs, histories, and worldviews but just faceless NPCs who act exactly the same as each other.

@SolarCross

Honestly it's not the funny. No political meme is funny because they're often too mean-spirited and focused on vilifying the opposing side than creating something humorous. This goes for the political memes I posted as well. There has been no kind of political meme of some kind which can generate humor and often, real life is actually more funny and politically satirical than political memes.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Also, the term does not come from video games, even though the term is used correctly in the video game industry.

Where does the term originate from?

Pants-of-dog wrote:So, when you call someone an NPC, are you saying that they are not human and just a mindless drone?

Definition: to deprive of human qualities or attributes; divest of individuality

No one is depriving anyone of anything with the comparison. One can still believe believe that they are autonomous even if a few people believe that they are mindless drones, right?

But even if that was the case, that people were literally being dehumanized, so what?
@maz

Every single NPC meme I have seen, both from the right and the left, has always assumed that all of a particular group of people are mindless drones.

Furthermore, your reasoning is invalid since A. we’re talking about the content of the meme itself so whether the people the meme is de-humanizing are actual humans doesn’t matter and B. the NPC meme affects how others treat particular groups of people. The question isn’t if the “NPCs” have autonomy but if the people who believe in the NPC meme believe they have autonomy and based on how many right wing conservatives unironically use the NPC meme, I’m placing my bets on “no”.

It matters because, if enough people believe it, it could be used to justify oppression against specific political beliefs. Instead of open dialogue and debate with leftists, instead all a conservative would have to do is post an NPC meme and pretend that all their posts are just “programming”. It shuts down debate.
Oxymandias wrote:Honestly it's not the funny. No political meme is funny because they're often too mean-spirited and focused on vilifying the opposing side than creating something humorous. This goes for the political memes I posted as well. There has been no kind of political meme of some kind which can generate humor and often, real life is actually more funny and politically satirical than political memes.

If you don't understand humour then you may be an NPC.

SJWs are basically scared children who have given to their standards to the mob, that's why this simple joke upsets them so much. Every morning they wake up with the seeds of human agency blooming in their souls and then they smash them down with whatever new hate-lines are provided to them. Sad!

Being free isn't about escaping standards, it's about setting them yourself and then trying to live up to them.

Also people need to accept some competition and challenge in their life, not just try to shame other people. I got stabbed in the dick with a fencing foil the other day, it really put my reactions to some other things into perspective. Even worse, I lost my match 4-5 because I tried to slice a guy with an epee instead of stab him. Overall though I'd say it was worth it because I'm a player character damn it!
Meanwhile, the creators of the game laugh at the players because all the ‘free choices’ are predetermined to lead to planned outcomes.
Oxymandias wrote:Except I doubt you even found legitimately funny. All political memes aren't memes, no matter where they're from. Furthermore, humor is subjective while jokes aren't. The NPC meme objectively, as a joke from it's structure isn't funny.

They are hilarious, because they are so true.
maz wrote:Where does the term originate from?

Table top role playing games. I think it was Dungeons and Dragons, to be specific.

Definition: to deprive of human qualities or attributes; divest of individuality

No one is depriving anyone of anything with the comparison. One can still believe believe that they are autonomous even if a few people believe that they are mindless drones, right?

But even if that was the case, that people were literally being dehumanized, so what?

So you now have understood how it is a dehumanising term. Good.

Do you think it is fine or good to dehumanise people who disagree with you?
Oxymandias wrote:@maz

Every single NPC meme I have seen, both from the right and the left, has always assumed that all of a particular group of people are mindless drones.

Furthermore, your reasoning is invalid since A. we’re talking about the content of the meme itself so whether the people the meme is de-humanizing are actual humans doesn’t matter and B. the NPC meme affects how others treat particular groups of people. The question isn’t if the “NPCs” have autonomy but if the people who believe in the NPC meme believe they have autonomy and based on how many right wing conservatives unironically use the NPC meme, I’m placing my bets on “no”.

You do realize that we are talking about jokes on the internet, right?

Oxymandias wrote:[It matters because, if enough people believe it, it could be used to justify oppression against specific political beliefs. Instead of open dialogue and debate with leftists, instead all a conservative would have to do is post an NPC meme and pretend that all their posts are just “programming”. It shuts down debate.

People who use the NPC meme have tried debating with this particular group and it hasn't worked out too well. People are getting punched in the face, run out of restaurants and beaten with bike locks and other homemade weapons.

Also, this particular group has literally been shutting down debates for years, even when the person wanting to speak is an edgy homosexual (Milo).

Pants-of-dog wrote:So you now have understood how it is a dehumanising term. Good.

Do you think it is fine or good to dehumanise people who disagree with you?

In this context, I believe that it is fine.

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]