State With Toughest Gun Laws Has Mass Shooting (California). - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Associating this with tough guns laws is moronic, as there is nothing stopping people from crossing state lines with firearms. The US needs good federal gun control, but they won't do that until all the morons in the USA decide that their children's lives are more valuable than some delusion about being armed.
Albert wrote:ALWAYS start with the women on the search for answers as to how and why this developed in the poor lad's mind. Usually they are the culprit but not always. Hence the saying sonsofbitch.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/08/californi ... in-garage/

Mother.

You are listening too much to Stefan Molyneux.
Zagadka wrote:Almost like it would be helpful if mental health patients could get medication and treatment from some national, freely available healthcare system.

They do, but we can’t force them to take it. It is common for ‘mental patients’ to think their medication cured them and they no longer need it. How do you solve that?
Alaska has the highest violent crime rate at 804.2 per 100,000, new Mexico is second with 702.5 per 100,000. Cali is only 445.3 per 100,000 (15th highest).

California

Firearm deaths per 100,000 people: 7.9 per 100,000

Alaska

Firearm deaths per 100,000 people: 23.0 per 100,000

24/7 Wall St. reviewed data on gun violence by state based on the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which tracks the number of gun-related deaths in each state.
Red_Army wrote:This is the first libertarian I've met shedding crocodile tears for the US military and the police

I just think you sound dumb if you think cops go around on Safari shooting darkies for sport.

The only policeman we had in our entire township just quit over salary dispute leaving my entire region without any law enforcement unless we call in the state police from around 30 minutes away.

It been great.
Red_Army wrote:I'm glad you've conceded that the military does go around of Safari shooting darkies for sport

They shoot whoever they are told to shoot, I doubt color has anything to do with it.

They were itching to take a shot at the Soviets prior to 1989 and they aren't exactly know for their tans.

But as of late?

Darkies. For sure.

No disagreement.

I would prefer there be no military either if I could help it and the militarization of the police being done under Trump is kinda disturbing to me.
We wouldn’t need to militarize the police if criminals weren’t given a free pass if they turn their backs and walk away from police. If you are not allowed to use force then you need military grade protection. This idiocy that all police should take down violent criminals with judo or some shit is absurd.
Red_Army wrote:How can you be for decentralized politics and yet want to raise huge taxes to fund military grade police that jail people indefinitely for non-violent crimes?

Because they are not necessary with decentralization. Homogeneous cultures limit crime by social ostracism. Fewer police are needed. We need more police in the US due to the destruction of local autonomy and culture. There is little social censure of crime. Our media actually encourages us to support the individual criminal against the community. This is why you don’t like the police. They were created to enforce the culture.
Alaska’s violent crime situation is not surprising at all.

I assume that the main industries are resou4ce extraction, which is usually young single guys. So, there is probably a lot of drinking and fighting and not a lot of family activities.

Plus, there are many indigenous communities with the associated poverty, combined with high food prices for shipped goods like groceries.

And a lot of hunting rifles.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Alaska’s violent crime situation is not surprising at all.

I assume that the main industries are resou4ce extraction, which is usually young single guys. So, there is probably a lot of drinking and fighting and not a lot of family activities.

Plus, there are many indigenous communities with the associated poverty, combined with high food prices for shipped goods like groceries.

They also have high rates of Depression, largely related to the strange daylight patterns and whole seasons of abject darkness, extreme weather, and alcoholism.

Killing each other is probably a mercy of sorts. :lol:

Israel won't comply because one of their explicit[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab[…]