Can Trump end the "Anchor Baby" policy with an executive order? - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pants-of-dog wrote:...except the evidence I already presented.

If his parents did not legally migrate, then he was not a legal migrant.

Plus, others were not born in the US at all.

If these guys got votes, then you already have the evidence you need for alien suffrage.

Sorry, your line of reasoning is too foolish to respond to. You are well aware of the changes that occurred.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So, we have evidence that migrants often voted in US history.

We also have evidence that they did not vote in significant numbers in the recent US presidential election.

We have no such evidence. The most you can claim is no one proved they did. Those are very different things.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Since I already presented the evidence, the above claim is wrong.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 2ebf2c700f

You realize states are not allowed to ask for proof of citizenship to register to vote. They must provide proof they are not a citizen. A ridiculous requirement. What is stopping illegals from voting? It is ridiculous to assume they are not under these conditions.
One Degree wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/supreme-court-says-states-may-not-add-citizenship-proof-for-voting/2013/06/17/734a1aca-d760-11e2-a9f2-42ee3912ae0e_story.html?utm_term=.6e2ebf2c700f

You realize states are not allowed to ask for proof of citizenship to register to vote. They must provide proof they are not a citizen. A ridiculous requirement. What is stopping illegals from voting? It is ridiculous to assume they are not under these conditions.

What is stopping this guy from killing babies? It is ridiculous to assume he is not doing so under these conditions. Someone must stop him! :knife: poor babies.
Actually Washington's father was born in Virginia so......

Silly anyway.

One Degree claims that we have no evidence that illegals do not vote in substantial numbers. I posted several sources that prove this in addition to yours. One of them is his own commission. So this is settled information. He can deny it all he wants to but he is just wrong. Nothing unusual about being wrong. People are frequently wrong.

Trump made a desperate calculation. He had to decide whether to risk offending Hispanic voters (who find the term "anchor baby" profoundly offensive or to play this race card on his base, who, as frequently racist, would rally to the call. It probably worked a little for him.

And this is key. Trump absolutely knows that his drones do not care if he distorts the truth or ignores it altogether. They do not care if he is teaching every child in America that it is OK to out-and-out lie. They are fine with that. Republican politicians, almost to a man are OK with that. It is deeply disturbing. We are not talking about political disagreement here. We are talking about bold faced lies on national television with absolutely no response when caught out.

I should feel sorry for his followers because they simply seem to be not smart enough to see this. But I don't. They are smart enough. They simply do not see public dishonesty as disqualifying for a president. They are as bad as he is. So in a round about way, One degree is simply taking a page from Trump's playbook.
When we have 30 million illegals and they are not required to prove their citizenship to vote thanks to the Supreme Court in 2013, then you will never convince me liberal cities are not allowing them to vote. What motivation do they have to prove they are not citizens? They obviously want them to vote. Again, you accept dead people vote, but not illegals. That sounds like brainwashed to me.
Godstud wrote:@One Degree Your misplaced fears of illegals voting en masse are unrealistic, and there is no evidence of this, as stated, time and time again.

Again, a case of belief trying to overcome facts.

Stop the dishonest debate. You know damn well I never claimed they were voting en masse. I have repeatedly responded to this deliberate dishonesty. Respond to my actual post instead of shit you make up. I described the reality. Are you so dense you are claiming no illegals can vote in a system deliberately set up to encourage it?
It's amazing that the roughly 30 million illegals have a legal child every time one of them gives birth. That child does not have the same set of interests of regular Americans and thus represents a long term dilution of American interests and voters.

Even countries which have birth right citizenship like Canada (and try to signal against Pres. Trump on this issue!) have made it so illegal aliens cannot have legal citizens in Canada.

The policy is patently absurd, and even if it the illegals themselves are not voting now, they are dramatically alterign the democracy just through reproduction.
In 2017, Broward County supervisor of elections Brenda Snipes admitted in court that her office had allowed non-citizens and felons to vote and was particularly vulnerable ahead of major elections.

https://truepundit.com/election-fraud-o ... d-ballots/

According to 2012 report from NBC Miami, Florida officials admitted nearly 200 thousand Florida voters may not be actual U.S. citizens.

https://magavoter.com/breaking-report-f ... -citizens/

Last edited by Hindsite on 13 Nov 2018 01:44, edited 2 times in total.
Verv wrote:It's amazing that the roughly 30 million illegals have a legal child every time one of them gives birth. That child does not have the same set of interests of regular Americans and thus represents a long term dilution of American interests and voters.

I wish.

Even countries which have birth right citizenship like Canada (and try to signal against Pres. Trump on this issue!) have made it so illegal aliens cannot have legal citizens in Canada.

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/undocument ... canada.php

Similar to the United States, persons born in Canada are generally granted citizenship.[15] The only exception is children of foreign diplomats, who are not granted Canadian citizenship even if they are born in Canada.[16] Therefore, the children of undocumented migrants who are born in Canada are granted citizenship.

The policy is patently absurd, and even if it the illegals themselves are not voting now, they are dramatically alterign the democracy just through reproduction.

This seems like a good thing.
@Pants-of-dog , interestingly enough, this article says that the policy of birth right citizenship for the children of illegals ended in 2009. I would research it further but I am more curious...

You seem to suggest that the children of illegal immigrants radically altering American democracy is a good thing.

Why is it a good thing?

Doesn't it mean that some of our population is disenfranchised?
Verv wrote:@Pants-of-dog , interestingly enough, this article says that the policy of birth right citizenship for the children of illegals ended in 2009. I would research it further but I am more curious...

That site looks quite biased.

You seem to suggest that the children of illegal immigrants radically altering American democracy is a good thing.

Why is it a good thing?

Because current US democracy is a bad thing. Especially for Latin Americans.

Doesn't it mean that some of our population is disenfranchised?

No.

Why would it?
Verv wrote:Even countries which have birth right citizenship like Canada (and try to signal against Pres. Trump on this issue!) have made it so illegal aliens cannot have legal citizens in Canada.
That's not true. Even the children of foreign nationals automatically become Canadians if they are born in Canada. Nonetheless, if you have a child born in Canada that does not impart citizenship upon the parent. ... You will first have to obtain permanent residence, then when you qualify you can apply to be naturalized as a citizen.

The fears of American culture being diluted are absurd.
Why is ‘fear of your culture being diluted’ absurd? Would you say the same holds true for Native Americans, Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, etc.? Aren’t you all for their cultures not being diluted?
Why is ‘fear of your culture being diluted’ absurd? Would you say the same holds true for Native Americans, Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, etc.? Aren’t you all for their cultures not being diluted?

OneDegree has an irrational fear of Mariachis.

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]

Trans people are just people. They have no less an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You should impose your own standards on yourself.[…]

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]